Ever spend too much money on a coin?

Old December 12th 04, 01:20 PM
The Silver Jar...

Default Ever spend too much money on a coin?

Well i've just added another English monarch to my monarch set, King
Henry VI (1422-1461, 1470-71).

Link here...

http://www.tclayton.demon.co.uk/pics/sixs.html

(Second coin down, although actually the one above is the one i'd
really want, being Richard II and all!)

But i'm happy with my new coin! I think i might quit collecting coins
whilst i'm ahead! ;-)

Sylvester.
Old December 12th 04, 01:26 PM
Dale Hallmark

"The Silver Jar..." wrote in message
om...
Well i've just added another English monarch to my monarch set, King
Henry VI (1422-1461, 1470-71).
Link here...

http://www.tclayton.demon.co.uk/pics/sixs.html

(Second coin down, although actually the one above is the one i'd
really want, being Richard II and all!)
But i'm happy with my new coin! I think i might quit collecting coins
whilst i'm ahead! ;-)
Sylvester.

Ever spend too much money on a coin?

As in paid more than the coin was worth? or as in paid more for a coin than I should
afford ?
I have done both :-)

Nice looking coin !!

Dale

Old December 12th 04, 01:27 PM
Larry Louks

"The Silver Jar..." exultantly proclaimed:
But i'm happy with my new coin!

Way to go, Sylvester! It is indeed a nice feeling to obtain one that you
have had your sights set on for awhile. So, press on to the next one out
there!

Larry
'looking wistfully at a few myself'

Old December 12th 04, 01:28 PM
Ian

The Silver Jar... wrote:
Well i've just added another English monarch to my monarch set, King
Henry VI (1422-1461, 1470-71).

Link here...

http://www.tclayton.demon.co.uk/pics/sixs.html

(Second coin down, although actually the one above is the one i'd
really want, being Richard II and all!)

But i'm happy with my new coin! I think i might quit collecting coins
whilst i'm ahead! ;-)

Sylvester.

very nice indeed.

Ian
Old December 12th 04, 01:32 PM
JSTONE9352

Well i've just added another English monarch to my monarch set, King
Henry VI (1422-1461, 1470-71).

Nice coins.

I have spent what I thought was
too much on coins in the past
but I did not live to regret it.

I bought 1909-S VBD, 1914-D
and 1922 Plain Lincoln cents
around 1984 and paying the going
price at the time and wondered
if I really could afford it. I'm glad
I got them when I did as the price
has gone up considerably since
then.
Old December 12th 04, 04:02 PM
Gary Loveless

On 12 Dec 2004 05:20:03 -0800, (The Silver
Jar...) wrote:

Well i've just added another English monarch to my monarch set, King
Henry VI (1422-1461, 1470-71).

Link here...

http://www.tclayton.demon.co.uk/pics/sixs.html

(Second coin down, although actually the one above is the one i'd
really want, being Richard II and all!)

But i'm happy with my new coin! I think i might quit collecting coins
whilst i'm ahead! ;-)

Sylvester.

I just dumped $195 into this $150 Morgan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT

But I have an affinity for those old PCGS "RATTLER" holders....oh yeah
the coin is a semi-key date.....

Regards,

Gary Loveless

Old December 12th 04, 06:19 PM
Bill Krummel

"JSTONE9352" wrote in message

Well i've just added another English monarch to my monarch set, King
Henry VI (1422-1461, 1470-71).

Nice coins.

I have spent what I thought was
too much on coins in the past
but I did not live to regret it.

It saddens me to hear this, John. So, if one spends too much for a coin,
how long does one have before the end? Are we talking hours, days, weeks?
Also, I have lots of non-coin related questions for you. Are you available
to answer and how can you be reached, and how will I know it is really you?
I am not aware of any of those spirit mediums here in SW Missouri and would
rather communicate to the beyond without paying someone a fee to act as a
go-between. Gotta save my money to buy coins.

Bill

Old December 12th 04, 08:32 PM
JSTONE9352

Nice coins.

I have spent what I thought was
too much on coins in the past
but I did not live to regret it.

It saddens me to hear this, John.

(rest deleted)

Hmm... I had to read my post two
more times to figure out what you
meant. That is what I get for posting
early on a Sunday morning when
I was not quite awake.
(smile face here)

Old December 13th 04, 04:49 PM
Reid Goldsborough

It's only money. g

--

Email: (delete "remove this")

Consumer:
http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Connoisseur: http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Counterfeit: http://rg.ancients.info/bogos
Old December 19th 04, 12:03 AM
GoldenMan54

Few months ago, I submitted a bid of $4,000,000 but said coin was sold
for a higher figurfe.