Help with an 8 track player

Old December 14th 06, 08:51 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
SteveZL1

Default Help with an 8 track player

I would really like some help with an 8 track player I own. But with
all this wasteful feuding I've dealt with in the past several months
I'm seriously wondering if I can get the help and advice I'm in search
of. I've come THIS close to dropping out of this group SEVERAL times
but have stubbornly stuck with it hoping that much of the needless
nonsense will end and we members can get on with the business of 8
tracking. So if there are some knowledgeable trackers willing to be of
help I'd be most appreciative. Would some (one, a few, several)
trackers please respond and then we can get down to the businness of
the help I seek. In advance, thank you very much.
Regards, SteveZL1

Old December 14th 06, 12:44 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
duty-honor-country

SteveZL1 wrote:
I would really like some help with an 8 track player I own. But with
all this wasteful feuding I've dealt with in the past several months
I'm seriously wondering if I can get the help and advice I'm in search
of. I've come THIS close to dropping out of this group SEVERAL times
but have stubbornly stuck with it hoping that much of the needless
nonsense will end and we members can get on with the business of 8
tracking. So if there are some knowledgeable trackers willing to be of
help I'd be most appreciative. Would some (one, a few, several)
trackers please respond and then we can get down to the businness of
the help I seek. In advance, thank you very much.
Regards, SteveZL1

what's the problem with your deck ? I'd gladly help you out- if it's
something more complicated to fix- I've recently partnered with a very
experienced repair tech that has been servicing/repairing 8-tracks,
reel to reel, cassettes, turntables, CD, DVD, VHS, stereo, quad,
surround sound- he can usually locate a bad cap or transistor in a unit
within about 5 minutes using a signal trace- he's repaired a number of
my 8-track decks that had dead channels- in a matter of 5 minutes for
each deck, he found a bad cap, bad tape head, and 2 bad transistors, in
4 decks respectively, and soldered in new components and down the road
I went with all working decks- the tape head I changed myself- if your
deck has a more severe problem such as these, you can ship it to us and
we'll fix it for a reasonable fee

Old December 14th 06, 12:57 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
duty-honor-country

SteveZL1 wrote:
I would really like some help with an 8 track player I own. But with
all this wasteful feuding I've dealt with in the past several months
I'm seriously wondering if I can get the help and advice I'm in search
of. I've come THIS close to dropping out of this group SEVERAL times
but have stubbornly stuck with it hoping that much of the needless
nonsense will end and we members can get on with the business of 8
tracking. So if there are some knowledgeable trackers willing to be of
help I'd be most appreciative. Would some (one, a few, several)
trackers please respond and then we can get down to the businness of
the help I seek. In advance, thank you very much.
Regards, SteveZL1

Steve- check your email, I sent you one

Old December 14th 06, 05:23 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On 14 Dec 2006 04:44:36 -0800, "duty-honor-country"
wrote:

what's the problem with your deck ? I'd gladly help you out- if it's
something more complicated to fix- snip

Yeah....the Charlie Nudo "fix"...smear it with pledge, scuff up the
capstan with a ScotchBrite and dump it on fraudBay.

**** off, Noodles.
Old December 14th 06, 05:24 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On 14 Dec 2006 04:57:39 -0800, "duty-honor-country"
wrote:

Steve- check your email, I sent you one snip

Another one of Charlie Nudo's fantasy stories, I'm sure. The record
in the archives shows something completely different.
Old December 14th 06, 05:24 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On 14 Dec 2006 00:51:44 -0800, "SteveZL1"
wrote:

I would really like some help with an 8 track player I own. snip

What's wrong with it, first of all?