Coin lost, then found -- but if I never knew it was lost, was it really?

Old April 28th 05, 09:40 PM
Bob Flaminio

Default Coin lost, then found -- but if I never knew it was lost, was it really?

Zia lost her camera, and so I've been helping her search the house to
find it. Along the way I looked through my car (yes, that car, if you
know what I'm talking about), and discovered an 1834 half dollar in one
of its secret compartments. (ANACS AU58, if you're wondering...) Wow, I
didn't even realize that it was there -- it's marked off of my
checklist, but I had just assumed it was in my safe box. The amazing
thing is that my car has been in and out of various shops for the past
two months now, so there was certainly ample opportunity for someone to
snag it -- and I'd never've known. Good thing people who drive my sort
of car are a closeknit group -- the shops I go to are *very*
trustworthy.

Anyways, she's home now, and will return to safe keeping Real Soon Now.

Zia's camera is sadly still missing :-(. Anyone know where it is? You'd
make a six year old girl very happy if you do...

--
Bob

Old April 28th 05, 10:34 PM
Eric Babula

"Bob Flaminio" wrote in
:

[...]

I'm betting it's in her room....somewhere. Probably in the Barbie doll
house. Under her bed? With her stuffed animals?

Remove everything from her room, section by section, piece by piece. Bet
it's there.

Had the same thing happen with one of my daughters' things. It was
there.

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Old April 29th 05, 01:11 AM
Cliff

On 28 Apr 2005 21:34:44 GMT, Eric Babula wrote:

"Bob Flaminio" wrote in
:

[...]

What kind of car and what kind of camera? If I've got a camera like
it I'll send it to her.
Cliff
No, I won't send you my 1942 Ford Fordor (not slabbed by should be a
slider)
Old April 29th 05, 04:32 AM
Bob Flaminio

Cliff wrote:
What kind of car and what kind of camera? If I've got a camera like
it I'll send it to her.

Car is a 1994 Acura NSX (#496 out of 512 made that year). Zoom.

Camera was a Kodak 6200. It was recommended to me by one of the photo
froups as being a good digital camera for kids -- a real camera, not a
toy, but relatively inexpensive, easy to use, and durable -- which it
was, until it went missing :-( ...

--
Bob

Old May 1st 05, 05:22 AM
Steve Teagan

I lost a PCGS PR62 Barber dime for over a year. Finally found it in an Eagle
album I thought I'd emptied.

Steve