Regular Posting of FAQ's

Old December 20th 04, 08:03 PM
Jerry Dennis

I wrote to David thru Google. Hopefully, he'll either respond to me or come
back and let us know how things have been.

Jerry

"Ian" writes:

My next question is has anyone heard of or from David of late? I
remember that he used to be an advocate of `market grading'....that used
to be good for a few whacks with the `dead horse' club. he used to also
buy top end stuff via Teletrade as I recall.

Old December 20th 04, 11:09 PM
Bob Johnson

Reports of broken links and suggested updates
can be posted to the group or e-mailed to me.

Section 15
FAQ on paper money collecting is maintained by Bruce Giese.
do not know new url

Section 17
price guide for U.K. coins is maintained by Tony Clayton
URL is:
http://www.tclayton.demon.co.uk/values/coins.html

Thanks again for including my site in Section 15
I link to the FAQ on my site at:
http://www.coinsheetlinks.com/faq.htm

Best Regards,
Bob Johnson
http://www.goldsheetlinks.com
http://www.coinsheetlinks.com
Old December 21st 04, 12:34 AM
Chuck D'Ambra

In article ,
Bob Johnson wrote:

Reports of broken links and suggested updates
can be posted to the group or e-mailed to me.

Section 15
FAQ on paper money collecting is maintained by Bruce Giese.
do not know new url

It seems to move every year or so. I found it via Google and have
updated the link. The Numismatica web site does not appear to have been
updated for several years and its link has been removed. A few other
minor changes to this section have also been made.

Section 17
price guide for U.K. coins is maintained by Tony Clayton
URL is:
http://www.tclayton.demon.co.uk/values/coins.html

Fixed.

Thanks again for including my site in Section 15
I link to the FAQ on my site at:
http://www.coinsheetlinks.com/faq.htm

Thanks for the info and the link, Bob!

I'm going to find some time next week for more FAQ updates. Other
suggestions welcome.

Also, to those of you discussing posting FAQs to r.c.c periodically,
please consider also posting them to misc.answers where they may reach a
wider audience. I looked into it several years ago but never acted on
it. You'll need to visit the group to learn its accepted protocols.

--

Chuck D'Ambra
web site address: www.telesphere.com
Old December 21st 04, 08:35 AM
Ian

"Ian" writes:

My next question is has anyone heard of or from David of late? I
remember that he used to be an advocate of `market grading'....that used
to be good for a few whacks with the `dead horse' club. he used to also
buy top end stuff via Teletrade as I recall.

Great. Hope you get a response.

Ian
Old December 21st 04, 08:48 AM
Ian

Scot Kamins wrote:
In article ,
Ian wrote:

Once upon a lifetime ago we had people here vying for the priviledge of
regularly posting the NG `FAQ's'.

Such service was performed by an individual who was known for his
cycling activities, who basically set up a.b.p.n and who has in the
interim seemingly disappeared into the background or obscurity. Sad
truth is, I can't even remember his name, and i'm feeling a little
guilty about that because I feel I should. I suppose I should do a
google search.......

Anyway, i'm not proposing myself as the replacement `FAQ poster' (I
wouldn't even know where to find a copy of them) but I do believe that
they should be posted with a certain degree of regularity to help
newbies and encourage new posters to post about coins in a way that is
likely to get friendly response.

Anyone any ideas or comments?

Ian

I'd be glad to perform that service for the group. I've been looking for
a way to contribute in a positive way. My knowledge of coins is so
limited that I can't be of any help in a more direct way so that would
help me out.

If someone would let me know where to find the FAQ I'd gladly repost it
on a regular basis - the group should decide at what frequency.

- Scot Kamins

I can't see you being opposed in your undertaking Scott.

As they say here in Jockland....`on ye go son!'

Ian
`Aye'