Turkey~Unusual cancellation ID.

Old June 8th 09, 01:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default Turkey~Unusual cancellation ID.

Unusual triangle strike,
"bulant" seems to ring a bell, (but a bit muffled with the memory)

Anyone recognise it?
http://cjoint.com/data/gicw2aGNpd.htm

Old June 8th 09, 01:34 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Belay the last post,
I found it on my database.
TPO travelling post office
first one I have for Turkey though.

Old June 8th 09, 04:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

"rodney" wrote in message

Unusual triangle strike,
"bulant" seems to ring a bell, (but a bit muffled with the memory)

Anyone recognise it?
http://cjoint.com/data/gicw2aGNpd.htm

"BULANT" is tha last part of the French word
AMBULANT (travelling).

Some TPO cancels.

1982 Paris to Lyon
http://marcophilie.org/f1/2219-ambul...s-a-lyon-1.jpg

1993 Lyon to Sete (night)
http://marcophilie.org/obl/ambulant-...yon-a-sete.gif

1993 Last Run cover - Mail Team D
http://marcophilie.org/amb-moderne.html

1906 France
http://leslaurentmarcophiles.unblog..../ambulant2.jpg

1951 stamp shows inside of a TPO (France)
http://www.lemuseedutimbre.com/image...onposteweb.gif

Blair
Old June 8th 09, 06:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Cheers Blair,
a nice link to TPO's / RPO's / Ambulante
http://www.tpo-seapost.org.uk/tpo2/tpointro.html

Old June 8th 09, 07:12 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Based on that link, my TPO was cancelled 5th November 1935
Alpullu, Turkey
Handstamp 34
Route 6
the TPO was on a "ship route"
(Alpullu was a major freight centre)

Old June 9th 09, 09:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
CASACUDOR

On Jun 8, 9:12*am, "rodney" wrote:
Based on that link, my TPO was cancelled 5th November 1935
Alpullu, Turkey
Handstamp 34
Route 6
the TPO was on a "ship route"
(Alpullu was a major freight centre)

Alpullu is a town in Kýrklareli province , Babaeski districts, founded
on 25 December 1925, opened for business on 26 November 1926 with the
first sugar production in Turkey, developed with the Alpullu Candy
Factory.(translation from wikipedia) pls see the map

http://www.world-geographics.com/asi...7-alpullu.html

Old June 9th 09, 10:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Thanks Anton,
Ahhhh Turkish sweets! over the top taste.
I remember when I was a naval rating, for a good "hit"
one would light up a Turkish cigarette, cough, cough, splutter. Over the
top taste.

Old June 9th 09, 03:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

"CASACUDOR" wrote in message

On Jun 8, 9:12 am, "rodney" wrote:

Based on that link, my TPO was cancelled 5th November 1935
Alpullu, Turkey
Handstamp 34
Route 6
the TPO was on a "ship route"
(Alpullu was a major freight centre)

Alpullu is a town in Kýrklareli province , Babaeski districts, founded
on 25 December 1925, opened for business on 26 November 1926 with the
first sugar production in Turkey, developed with the Alpullu Candy
Factory.(translation from wikipedia) pls see the map

http://www.world-geographics.com/asi...i-province-410...

It seems to be inland. How can it be on a "ship route"?
It would seem that the nearest major port is Istanbul.

Blair
Old June 9th 09, 09:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
CASACUDOR

It seems to be inland. *How can it be on a "ship route"?
It would seem that the nearest major port is Istanbul.

Blair

I think that no. 6 was a car route - if we look closely to the bellow
numbers - seem to be 3 - C (car). On the site indicated by Rodney S -
was used for ship so logically C came from car.( I guess) Any way is a
very interesting strike. I have thousands of Turkish used stamps but
no one has "ambulant" ... Also Romanian stamps with "posta
ambulanta" (travelling post) are very rare
Old June 10th 09, 01:29 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Aha, I see what you mean Anton,
there is a little "nick" above the "A" in ambulant
marry that with the nick of the date frame and it seemed to look like an "S"
I can see what appears now to be a "C" but I have not read anywhere of a
"car" route.
"Car" meaning railcar?

I was a little perplexed about "ship" route, but assumed the railhead of
this
particular line maybe connected with an established port route for goods
ship bound.

I also found the canceller perplexing being in English.

"CASACUDOR"

It seems to be inland. How can it be on a "ship route"?
It would seem that the nearest major port is Istanbul.

Blair

I think that no. 6 was a car route - if we look closely to the bellow
numbers - seem to be 3 - C (car). On the site indicated by Rodney S -
was used for ship so logically C came from car.( I guess) Any way is a
very interesting strike. I have thousands of Turkish used stamps but
no one has "ambulant" ... Also Romanian stamps with "posta
ambulanta" (travelling post) are very rare

GB cancellation ID rodney General Discussion 10 May 20th 09 03:03 PM
Strange Cancellation A.E. Gelat General Discussion 2 January 4th 06 03:37 AM
unusual coin unusual price joe Coins 9 August 4th 05 01:34 AM
Please help with British cancellation [email protected] General Discussion 4 July 15th 05 02:21 AM
rules regarding bid cancellation dahoov2 Autographs 4 November 4th 03 08:47 PM