5 mark numeral pls help me to identify the stamp see picture

Old February 25th 09, 02:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
CASACUDOR

Default 5 mark numeral pls help me to identify the stamp see picture

I was sure that it is from 1921 but I don't find in S. Gibbons.
Someone with Michel can help me?
Old February 25th 09, 03:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Peter Baumann[_2_]

CASACUDOR schrieb:
I was sure that it is from 1921 but I don't find in S. Gibbons.
Someone with Michel can help me?

What are you talking about?
Old February 25th 09, 03:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
CASACUDOR

On Feb 25, 5:01*pm, Peter Baumann wrote:
CASACUDOR schrieb: I was sure that it is from 1921 but I don't find in S.. Gibbons.
Someone with Michel can help me?

What are you talking about?

Sorry, I don't insert the link pls find bellow

http://cjoint.com/?cBpJARpD1B

it is all about the stamp down the image
Old February 25th 09, 04:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gerhard Reichert

CASACUDOR schrieb:
On Feb 25, 5:01 pm, Peter Baumann wrote:
CASACUDOR schrieb: I was sure that it is from 1921 but I don't find in S. Gibbons.
Someone with Michel can help me?

What are you talking about?

Sorry, I don't insert the link pls find bellow

http://cjoint.com/?cBpJARpD1B

it is all about the stamp down the image

Hi,

its Michel # 174 , watermarked Nr. 1, or # 194, watermarked Nr. 2 .

kind regards

Gerhard
Old February 25th 09, 04:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
CASACUDOR

On Feb 25, 6:32*pm, Gerhard Reichert wrote:
CASACUDOR schrieb:

On Feb 25, 5:01 pm, Peter Baumann wrote:
CASACUDOR schrieb: I was sure that it is from 1921 but I don't find in S. Gibbons.
Someone with Michel can help me?
What are you talking about?

Sorry, I don't insert the link pls find bellow

http://cjoint.com/?cBpJARpD1B

it is all about the stamp down the image

Hi,

its Michel # 174 , watermarked Nr. 1, or # 194, watermarked Nr. 2 .

kind regards

Gerhard

Manny thanks - and what color is mentioned in Michel?
Old February 25th 09, 05:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On 25 Feb, 16:29, CASACUDOR wrote:
On Feb 25, 5:01*pm, Peter Baumann wrote:

CASACUDOR schrieb: I was sure that it is from 1921 but I don't find in S. Gibbons.
Someone with Michel can help me?

What are you talking about?

Sorry, I don't insert the link pls find bellow

http://cjoint.com/?cBpJARpD1B

it is all about the stamp down the image

Hmm. The orange-red one is one of SG 169, 208, or 249 according to
watermark, but none of these sets has a black variety. My guess is a
"black print" (sample stamp for press releases, exhibitions, etc.),
which has somehow got postmarked, but I have no idea whether Germany
issued BPs. A colour changeling is another possibility.

Doubtless Gerhard will be along shortly to explain all.

Chris
Old February 25th 09, 06:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
CASACUDOR

On Feb 25, 7:48*pm, wrote:
On 25 Feb, 16:29, CASACUDOR wrote:

On Feb 25, 5:01*pm, Peter Baumann wrote:

CASACUDOR schrieb: I was sure that it is from 1921 but I don't find in S. Gibbons.
Someone with Michel can help me?

What are you talking about?

Sorry, I don't insert the link pls find bellow

http://cjoint.com/?cBpJARpD1B

it is all about the stamp down the image

Hmm. The orange-red one is one of SG 169, 208, or 249 according to
watermark, but none of these sets has a black variety. My guess is a
"black print" (sample stamp for press releases, exhibitions, etc.),
which has somehow got postmarked, but I have no idea whether Germany
issued BPs. A colour changeling is another possibility.

Doubtless Gerhard will be along shortly to explain all.

Chris

Is not quite black. Is something near a mauve-indigo. I will came back
tomorrow with a good picture and with the wmk. image. The wmk. seem
like a nest of bees (large one) probably second type.

Old February 25th 09, 06:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Peter Baumann[_2_]

CASACUDOR schrieb:
On Feb 25, 7:48 pm, wrote:
[...]

The colour is not mentioned in my catalogues - chemical reaction I guess
(sunlight?)

Peter
Old February 25th 09, 07:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On 25 Feb, 19:46, CASACUDOR wrote:
On Feb 25, 7:48*pm, wrote:

[...]

The honeycomb watermark is indeed the later one, making it SG 193 of
Feb 1922. (Forget the last 2 numbers I gave previously in error --
there are only two possibilities for the 5M in that design).

Chris