Mail delivery

Old October 2nd 08, 11:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

Default Mail delivery

On Oct 1, 8:04*pm, "rodney" wrote:
Is it coincidence? or do you have nasty's on your computer?

You sent me an email off-list, and along came another from USPS with a
trojan.

Snipped as unrelated.

I sent you a message off line? Was it the gas price thing?
I did have a bug last month, a real nasty, well hidden bugger. I did
not know I had it until computer guru checking my computer found it.
SuperSpyware and AVG Antivirus would not get rid of it. Computer guru
came used special removal software tool to get rid of it.

Ralpahel, the OLD one
Old October 2nd 08, 01:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Yep, that was it.
Probably not related, but certainly a coincidence.
Yes, there is a new style of Virus out there now called a "Rootkit"
(see wikipedia)
I have had probably 7 years of problem free surfing, and
a few weeks ago, I clicked on a codec update to play a film clip.
That eerie extra sense made me hesitate,
but I thought I was bullet proof.
I got the rootkit, and it plays hell, it has removed my ability to use
a restore point.
I'll have to do a full reinstall of XP next week.

"Ralphael1"

Old October 3rd 08, 12:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 11:53:53 -0700, Sir F. A. Rien
wrote:

Thankfully, the us gummint has done -=one=- thing right ...
we call an 800 number or go on line and ***DELETE*** our phone numbers from
any commercial solicitations.

Except for Unknown Name / Unknown Number. I sure wish they would
DELETE those from coming close to my phone.
Old October 3rd 08, 12:29 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 20:48:19 +0800, "rodney"
wrote:

Yep, that was it.
Probably not related, but certainly a coincidence.
Yes, there is a new style of Virus out there now called a "Rootkit"
(see wikipedia)
I have had probably 7 years of problem free surfing, and
a few weeks ago, I clicked on a codec update to play a film clip.
That eerie extra sense made me hesitate,
but I thought I was bullet proof.
I got the rootkit, and it plays hell, it has removed my ability to use
a restore point.
I'll have to do a full reinstall of XP next week.

Viola! Here is the chance you were waiting for.

Rootkits have been around for a while. There are also some insidious
malware out there that act like rootkits in keeping registry entries
and other nasty stuff that re-occur during boot time or assist other
malware to continue to thrive.

I spent almost a day on one of the Smit-Fraud clones and another that
were intertwined. Had my data backed up, formatted that sucker.

Needed a format anyway because of the changes I needed to make for
future work.

It's just unfortunate that the timing was bad.

Delivery! Mr. Jaggers Coins 8 January 21st 08 06:57 PM
Transporting/delivery from PA to IL available. Flyinwalenda Juke Boxes 0 March 23rd 06 11:39 AM
Transport/delivery from PA to IL available. Brian Ray Juke Boxes 1 March 22nd 06 11:49 AM
Delivery confirmation on priority mail only? stonej Coins 8 May 5th 05 01:53 PM