Postal Commemorative Socety

Old February 2nd 07, 04:20 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Xavier

Default Postal Commemorative Socety

Hello everyone,

I need some help in finding this group's home page. I recieved some
items from them a few years ago. I would like to start collecting
them again. The items are first day coverswith a gold stamp attached
to the card, and it gives a history of that stamp. I have found them
for sale on E-bay but I can't find any information on them on the
web. any help would be great.....

Thanks,
Doug

Old February 2nd 07, 05:32 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre Courtiade

Xavier / Doug wrote :
Hello everyone,

I need some help in finding this group's home page. I recieved some
items from them a few years ago. I would like to start collecting
them again. The items are first day coverswith a gold stamp attached
to the card, and it gives a history of that stamp. I have found them
for sale on E-bay but I can't find any information on them on the
web. any help would be great.....

Thanks,
Doug

Hi Doug,

In order to help you it may be useful to show us an example of such a
cover.
In addition, do these covers wear somewhere any 'fine print' with the
name of the designer / printer / ...

--
All the best,
Pierre Courtiade

to answer me, please replace NOSPAM by my family name

Old February 2nd 07, 10:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

Hello Doug,
http://www.mbi-inc.com/stamps.asp

HTH

ups.com...

Old February 2nd 07, 03:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Feb 1, 11:20 pm, "Xavier" wrote:
Hello everyone,

I need some help in finding this group's home page. I recieved some
items from them a few years ago. I would like to start collecting
them again. The items are first day coverswith a gold stamp attached
to the card, and it gives a history of that stamp. I have found them
for sale on E-bay but I can't find any information on them on the
web. any help would be great.....

Thanks,
Doug

Hello Doug:

Postal Commemorative Society is a division of MBI.

MBI began business in 1969 under the name The Danbury Mint,
which was then a subsidiary of Glendinning Companies. Its mission
was to market fine collectibles directly to the consumer, and its
first product was a series of 21 medals commemorating the historic
1969 moon landing. The series was an outstanding success, and
the Danbury Mint's product line later expanded to include jewelry,
sports collectibles, die-cast automobiles and other "heirloom
quality"
collectibles.

A second MBI division, the Postal Commemorative Society
(PCS), was born in 1970. PCS began by marketing U.S. First Day
of Issue Covers, and over the course of the next decade became
the largest organization in the philatelic field. The company today
offers a wide selection of postage stamps and sheets, coins and
special commemorative covers and programs.

The one thing to note is that while their covers are quite nice ane
their albums quite luxurious they can often be had by collectors
at significantly reduced prices.

On a number of occasions, I have attended stamp shows where
these type of collections have been offered by dealers who bought
them from the original purchasers. I have purchased such
collections for 50 cents to $1.00 per cover, (the fancy album was
free if I bought the entire collection). The initial cost per page
(cover) to the original buyer was between $6.00 and $10.00 .

If you wish to buy these at full price, that's fine. The higher cost
represents the quality album cost, research and write-up cost,
marketing cost and of course profit margin.

However if you are a collector who likes the thrill of the hunt,
and a bargain to boot, then I would recommend looking on
eBay, other stamp auctions, or attending local stamp shows
and bourses. You never know what bargains you will find.

Blair