Mills Empress Parts??

Old August 17th 04, 08:14 PM
Todd Schulte

Default Mills Empress Parts??

Wow, been to all the usual parts depots looking for a few parts for a
newly acquired Mills Empress. Tried Victory Glass, Durfee, Bill
Butterfield.

Grasping at straws for advice...My upper left plastic is broken. I
have all the parts. If I cannot find a replacement (yellow), is it
possible to fix it?

Anyone know where to find Mills parts?
Old September 26th 04, 08:06 PM
royco

Hello Todd,

I had a simular problem with my Empress, i polished my catalin pieces and
it turned out that one piece was much more intensive yellow than the
rest.(in fact the other pieces were almost white)

I tried everyone and anything, but nothing too
I am making them myself now. That is, after a lot of experimenting i made
one yellow left corner. Now i'm going to make all pieces so i can tune the
mills up with different colors every now and then.

I use a special brilliant material that i poor in molds i made of the
originals. i made the mold a bit bigger than the original, because he
original catalin shrinks over time making placing back in the jukebox a
precise job.
Now there is no light coming from the inside of the cabinet
peeking through anymore. It all fits well.

I'm also definitively positive about the original look of this material.

I have to do more experiments but i'm pretty sure i can reproduce catalin
from any jukebox provided i have an original to copy.

There is one trick: color. The yellow catalin of the empress is usually
darkened over time, and i've seen a lot of different tones of color. Also
creating an exact color as yours is difficult. For me the solution is
molding and making them all new.

I try to make all molds and copies before december. If you want i send you
a picture of my first attempt.

When i'm absolutely sure i can reproduce all 4 of these catalin pieces i
will let you know here. But you can mail me on- or off-list anytime!

regards,

royco