Leaf Switches where to buy?

Old January 5th 04, 05:40 PM
Nick Guerra

Default Leaf Switches where to buy?

Anyone got any ideas where I can buy leaf switch's I need to replace the
leaf switches on a reversing coil for my Seeburg M100A. The leafs seem long
and the middle leaf has a contact on both sides. Any help would be great.

Regards
Nick
Old January 6th 04, 06:07 AM
Marc W. Howard

Nick,

Any place that sells pinball machine parts will have these. If you
could cross them over to parts for a Bally/Williams/Gotlieb machine
this would be easy and you could contact Steve Young @ The Pinball
resource (www.pbresource.com). Since you don't have part numbers look
at the online Wico catalog at www.wicothesource.com. You might also
look at Marco Specialties (www.marcospec.com) or contact For Amusement
Only (www.foramusementonly.to) (Yes, that is the right address!
foramusementonly.com is a different company).

Back in the good old days you could buy an assortment of leaf switch
parts. Not anymore.

BTW there are two diffrent types of leaf switch contacts used in
pinball machines. The older (electromechanical) machines use brass
contact points (handle high currents nicely) whereas the newer
(electronic) ones use gold plated ones. The gold ones have a much
lower on resistance but might not hold up as well with heavy load
currents. And you should never use anything rougher than a business
card to clean gold contacts.

Hope this helps some.

Marc W. Howard