change the name of this group please

Old July 19th 07, 01:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Default change the name of this group please

"krs4b" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 17, 6:37 am, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

"krs4b" wrote in message
ups.com...
rec.collecting.arrogance....

There are a lot of good guys who participate in this newsgroup, and
opinions and personalities are very strong in some cases. But that's
the
way the greater world is, as well. I'd encourage you to stick around,
there are lots of things to learn.

James

I forgot to mention, I continue to await your advice regarding an
instance
of false witness against me, to wit:

krs4b to Mr. Jaggers on 7/16/2007: "as i recall you were one of the
responders to that post??"

Mr. Jaggers to krs4b on 7/16/2007: "I just reviewed the post in
question,
originated 6/17/07 and did not find
any response from Mr. Jaggers."

James

you are correct james-- i was mistaken about you responding to my
earlier post-i am sorry

Apology accepted, and I hope we can move on from here. I still maintain
that a lot of good people inhabit rcc, in spite of the occasional bad
behavior. Drop by anythime!

Make that "anytime."

Old July 19th 07, 03:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
jim menning

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 10:16:30 -0500, jim menning wrote:

Well, if that's the case, what's wrong with using OE which probably came with the
computer?

We don't have the kind of time it would take to list the problems with
OE.

And so many millions of people (like me) have no problem at all with OE.

That said, it's got a better UI than "google groups".

That's for sure.

Old July 19th 07, 10:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Padraic Brown

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 04:59:03 -0700, krs4b wrote:

On Jul 17, 8:54 am, Padraic Brown wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 05:01:55 -0700, krs4b wrote:
rec.collecting.arrogance....

I realise you're kind of new here, but are you trying to intentionally
antagonise everyone? How would you feel if some stranger came into
your home and started rearranging your living room furniture? Or told
you how to manage your household affairs?

I'm sure a lot of this stems from general ignorance of what Usenet is
and how it works -- you'll get over this awkward stage eventually.
Usenet is not a hard place to inhabit, it just requires some basic
knowledge of good behaviour. Just be patient with yourself and with
the people who you meet here; lurk for a while before posting in order
to gauge a group; don't take any nonsense personally; and be sure to
don your asbestos suit; don't shout (write in all caps) unless you're
angry; speak kindly and use the best grammar and style you're capable
of (proper capitalisation, punctuation, no run-on sentences, etc),
because your words will be archived for years and decades to come.

Think about it like this: do you want your grandkids 25 or 30 years
from now to look up your posts to RCC and see what kind of boob you
were, or do you want them to see an engaged and intelligent seeker? We
all fail from time to time, but to be quite honest, first impressions
speak volumes.

talk about arrogant--read your own response--

Please point out where any of the above stems from arrogance.

i am 55 yrs old and i have never seen a group so full of themselfs!!

For a 55 year old, you come across as about as mature as some of the
teenage dingalings that spam this group from time to time. You may not
like my advice, but it is advice that has been given from experienced
Usenet users to newbies such as yourself for the last decade or more.
As far as being "full of ourselves" -- that's your own opinion, and
you're welcome to it. I think that most of the people here are very
down-to-earth, intelligent and welcoming of newcommers like yourself.
They don't put up with your brand of bull**** very well, but I can
tell you that you'll fare a LOT worse on other groups. In most NGs,
you would have been flamed right out of the place long since. Your
insults against members of this group (myself included) won't get you
far around here; though I note that you apologised for a mistaken
accusation you made. That does make up for a lot, in my opinion. You
are to be commended for that! If you decide to stick around, I'm sure
you'll be able to make a positive contribution to the group.

Padraic

Old July 19th 07, 11:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

"Padraic Brown" wrote in message
[...]

I'll never forget my first newbie post to alt.music.saxophone, where I asked
if anyone knew the status of the availability of new Selmer altos. My first
respondent chewed me up one side and down the other. There have been some
knock-down drag-outs on there to equal anything we've seen here on rcc, and
there are feuds that evidently have been going on for years. Human nature
is the same everywhere, it seems.

James

Old July 20th 07, 03:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dik T. Winter

In article "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com writes:
I'll never forget my first newbie post to alt.music.saxophone, where I asked
if anyone knew the status of the availability of new Selmer altos. My first
respondent chewed me up one side and down the other.

Isn't that what is normally done with new reeds?

There have been some
knock-down drag-outs on there to equal anything we've seen here on rcc, and
there are feuds that evidently have been going on for years. Human nature
is the same everywhere, it seems.

I think it is here quite reasonable if you ignore the cross-posts. I could
tell you of some feuds... But in general when you post on-topic, do not ask
questions that have been asked about a million times, responses will go well.
Old July 20th 07, 03:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

"Dik T. Winter" wrote in message
In article "Mr. Jaggers"
lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com writes:
I'll never forget my first newbie post to alt.music.saxophone, where I
asked
if anyone knew the status of the availability of new Selmer altos. My
first
respondent chewed me up one side and down the other.

Isn't that what is normally done with new reeds?

No, we just gum them until they're soft.

There have been
some
knock-down drag-outs on there to equal anything we've seen here on rcc,
and
there are feuds that evidently have been going on for years. Human
nature
is the same everywhere, it seems.

I think it is here quite reasonable if you ignore the cross-posts. I
could
tell you of some feuds... But in general when you post on-topic, do not
ask
questions that have been asked about a million times, responses will go
well.

Even a million-and-first time should be treated as courteously as a first,
as people are constantly cycling in and out of any newsgroup. But you make
some excellent points here, Dik.

James

Old July 20th 07, 04:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Eric Tillery wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 05:01:55 -0700, krs4b wrote:

rec.collecting.arrogance....

Better yet...

rec.collection.crybabies.who.don't.know.how.to.use .filters

And better still, rec.collecting.eBay.ads

Every time I visit this forum, eBay solicitations top the queue.

Truth is, the truest collectors have long since abandoned these
groups.

That's why it reads like a jewish holiday.

Old July 20th 07, 04:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_2_]

? "krs4b" ?????? ??? ??????
oups.com...
[...]

lolololololo!!!!!!!!!!!
talk about arrogant--read your own response-- i am 55 yrs old and i
have never seen a group so full of themselfs!!

Well, then the natural question is "why are you still hanging around if you
consider this is a so bad group"?...
I say take Padraic's advise seriously and try to comprehend how this ng
works.
We have our differences but we generally try and keep a decent level in our
discussions.
Of course we are not always successful but at least we try.
Now storming here and accusing all of us of arrogance, well that's not the
best way to make friends or make people answering your numismatic questions.
Of course there are some people who are arrogant but they are very few,
after all what group of people has not exceptions?
So please stick around if you want, read answers by various contributors and
I am sure you'll see that we are not arrogant at all.

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

Coins, travels and mo
http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb120/golanule/
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html

Old July 20th 07, 05:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

wrote in message
ups.com...

Eric Tillery wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 05:01:55 -0700, krs4b wrote:

rec.collecting.arrogance....

Better yet...

rec.collection.crybabies.who.don't.know.how.to.use .filters

And better still, rec.collecting.eBay.ads

Every time I visit this forum, eBay solicitations top the queue.

Truth is, the truest collectors have long since abandoned these
groups.

I am a true collector, and I have not abandoned it.

James

Old July 20th 07, 06:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
George D

Mr. Jaggers wrote:
[...]

You are right James this would be a very inactive group if no old questions were asked.

Just think how few posts there would be if nobody asked about what to do with the coins
they just inherited, how do you clean coins, etc.

And of course we do have to beat up on the people who can't spell or dot the i's right.

George

--
Those who would give up ESSENTIAL LIBERTY to purchase a little TEMPORARY SAFETY, deserve
neither LIBERTY nor SAFETY.

Pennsylvania Assembly
November 11, 1755