So what's new around here?

Old June 26th 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jonathan_ATC[_2_]

Default So what's new around here?

"K6AZ" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 18:15:31 GMT, "Jonathan_ATC"

wrote:

While the forum sounds great... it took nearly a minute to load the page
from the above link. I thought it a fluke, until I clicked on the

"Coins"
forum. That, too, took nearly a minute to load. So did clicking on of

the
threads.

I have a broadband connection, so I know it is not me. Are you hosting

this
site yourself on your own server? If so, you might want to look into a
faster connection. If someone else is hosting it, you might want to look

at
a faster plan.

It's not you. It's the hosting company's database server. Most of the time

it is
very fast, but like most cheap hosting companies they oversell their

database
capacity. If you run across it while it's slow just try again later.

If that board ever sees some regular use I will move it to a company with

a reliable
database server. But as long as it serves as nothing more than a blog I

just don't
see tripling the amount I pay for the hosting.
--
K6AZ Forum

http://www.k6az.net/forum/

Makes sense to me. I tried again tonight and it was super-fast. Very good.

Jonathan_ATC

Old June 26th 07, 04:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
viva kavalagio!

? "K6AZ" ?????? ??? ??????
wrote:

[...]

Here it loaded in a fraction of a second!
And I am on a "slow" ADSL connection of just 1024!
Welcome back!

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

Coins, travels and mo http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/golanule/my_photos
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html

Old June 26th 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_2_]

Sorry for the different nick and address, I was testing something in a "test
ng" and forgot to switch back...

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi
puttane! F.d.A

Coins, travels and mo http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/golanule/my_photos
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html

Ο "viva kavalagio!" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
? "K6AZ" ?????? ??? ??????

Old June 26th 07, 04:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jeff R.

wrote:

While the forum sounds great... it took nearly a minute to load the page
from the above link. I thought it a fluke, until I clicked on the
"Coins"
forum. That, too, took nearly a minute to load. So did clicking on of
the
threads.

Loaded just fine - a few seconds - way down here in the Antipodes. (Pix
included)

...but then, these things are notoriously variable.

--
Jeff R.

Old June 26th 07, 08:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Gary Loveless

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 20:46:24 -0400, K6AZ wrote:

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 15:06:02 -0400, Gary Loveless wrote:

Give my regards to you father for me. I havent talked to him in quite
some time!

I'll let him know. He's busy speculating on modern mint stuff now.
--
K6AZ Forum

http://www.k6az.net/forum/

Trying to earn buck, just like the rest of us. The last two good ones
were the 20th Ann. SAE sets and the "First Hag" 10 dollar gold......

Gary

Old June 27th 07, 12:16 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Wes Chormicle

Good to see you back!
Wes
"K6AZ" wrote in message
Just wondering. ;-)
--
K6AZ Forum

http://www.k6az.net/forum/

Old June 27th 07, 03:08 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
K6AZ

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 01:58:18 GMT, "Jonathan_ATC" wrote:

"K6AZ" wrote in message

It's not you. It's the hosting company's database server. Most of the time

it is
very fast, but like most cheap hosting companies they oversell their

database
capacity. If you run across it while it's slow just try again later.

If that board ever sees some regular use I will move it to a company with

a reliable
database server. But as long as it serves as nothing more than a blog I

just don't
see tripling the amount I pay for the hosting.

Makes sense to me. I tried again tonight and it was super-fast. Very good.

Jonathan_ATC

It comes and goes depending on how many kiddies are playing their game. I
may just move that site on to a more reliable service.

--
K6AZ Forum

http://www.k6az.net/forum/
Old June 27th 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
K6AZ

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 23:16:22 GMT, "Wes Chormicle" wrote:

Good to see you back!

Hi Wes. You still running the shop in St. George? How is that going?
--
K6AZ Forum

http://www.k6az.net/forum/
Old June 27th 07, 05:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

K6AZ wrote:

Hi Wes. You still running the shop in St. George? How is that going?
--
K6AZ Forum

http://www.k6az.net/forum/

Guess it has been a while Eric. Wes is now pitching his tent in Texas.