2006 Silver Eagles

Old January 30th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default 2006 Silver Eagles

I am seeing 2006 silver eagles on EBay and graded MS65. How are these coins
being graded when they are not supposed to be shipped until February 2nd
according to the mint? Any body know how to get them sooner?

Greg

Old January 30th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Ο "Greg Shilts" έγραψε στο μήνυμα . com...
I am seeing 2006 silver eagles on EBay and graded MS65. How are these coins
being graded when they are not supposed to be shipped until February 2nd
according to the mint? Any body know how to get them sooner?

You are talking about UNC Silver Eagles (MS), the Mint schedule is for the PROOF version.
As you know the UNC Eagles are sold through a network of wholesalers who probably get them a couple a days before their official day of release to the public; probably some of them sell small quantities to friends, etc or even slab some Eagles in order to have the first slabbed Eagles on e-Bay and get better prices.
Here they are the numbers for January 2006:

2006 Silver Sales Totals
(in ounces / number of coins) Month One
( oz. / #coins )
January 1,115,000
1,115,000
Total 1,115,000
1,115,000

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

Coins, travels and mo http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/golanule/my_photos
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html

Greg

Old January 30th 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

In article , "Greg Shilts"
wrote:

I am seeing 2006 silver eagles on EBay and graded MS65. How are these coins
being graded when they are not supposed to be shipped until February 2nd
according to the mint? Any body know how to get them sooner?

I received my first uncirculated 2006 ASEs from my supplier
on January 15th ... those who were "further up the food chain"
got them earlier.

The primary wholesalers were allowed to order uncirculated
iggles on December 26th, 2005 for shipment on January 2nd,
2006 ... the subsequent time to market depended on how long
it took to receive and reship them.

I suspect that the February 2nd date is for PROOF silver
iggles, which is a whole other animal ...

--
Ken Barr Numismatics
P. O. Box 32541 website:
Old January 31st 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Greg Shilts" wrote in message
. com...
I am seeing 2006 silver eagles on EBay and graded MS65. How are these coins
being graded when they are not supposed to be shipped until February 2nd
according to the mint? Any body know how to get them sooner?

They are already available through bullion dealers. I considered getting a
box today, but the $5675 price tag froze my phone fingers. So I bid on a
roll for the better half. He has to have his annual roll -- good investment
if he were to sell right now.

Anita

Old January 31st 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Greg Shilts wrote:

I am seeing 2006 silver eagles on EBay and graded MS65. How are these coins
being graded when they are not supposed to be shipped until February 2nd
according to the mint? Any body know how to get them sooner?

Greg

Bullion coins are out already. I slabbed one in a Dansco last week. ;-)

Alan
'my SAE collection is skyrocketing in value'
Old January 31st 06, 05:08 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Alan Williams wrote:
Greg Shilts wrote:

I am seeing 2006 silver eagles on EBay and graded MS65. How are these coins
being graded when they are not supposed to be shipped until February 2nd
according to the mint? Any body know how to get them sooner?

Greg

Bullion coins are out already. I slabbed one in a Dansco last week. ;-)

Alan
'my SAE collection is skyrocketing in value'

I got a monster box delivered on January 11th. It was packed on Sept
9th according to the packing slip in the sealed green box. And my came
from a wholesaler. The mint started shipping on the 3rd from what I
understand.

Old January 31st 06, 05:11 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Alan Williams wrote:

Greg Shilts wrote:

I am seeing 2006 silver eagles on EBay and graded MS65. How are these coins
being graded when they are not supposed to be shipped until February 2nd
according to the mint? Any body know how to get them sooner?

Greg

Bullion coins are out already. I slabbed one in a Dansco last week. ;-)

Alan
'my SAE collection is skyrocketing in value'

Bought two at the SJCC show. First one I realized had some sparkly
thing going on, of which I wholeheartedly disproved of, so I picked up
another. I figure I'll take the sparkly one and do some horrid thing
with it, like put it in a cardboard box with some match sticks. )
Old February 1st 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

abi spoke thusly...

I got a monster box delivered on January 11th. It was packed on Sept
9th according to the packing slip in the sealed green box.

Sept 9th? As in Sept 9th, 2005? Do they really mint them that early?

--
Stu
http://www.NumisPaper.com