1935 $10 bill question

Old March 24th 04, 05:38 AM
Rico

Default 1935 $10 bill question

I have come across a $10 Silver Certificate 1934 A,with a yellow seal.
I see only 2 listing for $10 bills with yellow seals - 1934 and 1934 A North
Africa.
Wouldn't a NA bill have it stamped on the front and back,like Hawaii ?
Mine does not.
A plain 1934 yellow seal is worth considerable $$$,but mine is clearly an A
series.
If anyone can shed some light on this I'd be much obliged.
Old March 24th 04, 06:34 PM
jimmyfc

Rico wrote in message . 99.130...
I have come across a $10 Silver Certificate 1934 A,with a yellow seal.
I see only 2 listing for $10 bills with yellow seals - 1934 and 1934 A North
Africa.
Wouldn't a NA bill have it stamped on the front and back,like Hawaii ?
Mine does not.
A plain 1934 yellow seal is worth considerable $$$,but mine is clearly an A
series.
If anyone can shed some light on this I'd be much obliged.

NA notes do not have "North Africa" over-printed on front and back.
The term "North Africa" is unofficial, whereas Hawaii was an official
government designation. I'm not sure what the offical designation of
the NA notes was. I think it was US Military something or another.
Old March 25th 04, 05:30 AM
Rico

Rico wrote in
9.130:

I have come across a $10 Silver Certificate 1934 A,with a yellow seal.
I see only 2 listing for $10 bills with yellow seals - 1934 and 1934 A
North Africa.
Wouldn't a NA bill have it stamped on the front and back,like Hawaii ?
Mine does not.
A plain 1934 yellow seal is worth considerable $$$,but mine is clearly
an A series.
If anyone can shed some light on this I'd be much obliged.

Thanks for the input guys.
I figured North African notes would have it plastered all over the front and
back like Hawaii.

Have a question about a very old dollar bill i have. Read for detials Paper Money 6 January 10th 04 07:14 AM
$2 bill question (Star note) Lyntoy1 Paper Money 6 December 24th 03 06:38 PM
Question on 1963 Red Two Dollar Bill Harvey Coins 6 November 24th 03 12:27 AM
1935 dollar bill Kurt Coins 2 November 11th 03 10:46 PM
1935 World Champion Bill Rogell has died CalRima Autographs 2 August 11th 03 11:45 PM