Noodles Patrol checking in

Old March 26th 16, 02:11 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB[_6_]

Default Noodles Patrol checking in

Where is that walking turd? I heard that his lot in the Lake Bumler
slum is festooned with Trump placards.
Old March 29th 16, 10:25 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Andy

Havent seen him posting in over a year bob

Old March 29th 16, 11:06 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
frschoonover

On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 9:11:12 PM UTC-4, DeserTBoB wrote:
Where is that walking turd? I heard that his lot in the Lake Bumler
slum is festooned with Trump placards.

I guess he's dropped from the scene with no clues to where he might be. Not only that, he has nothing for sale on Ebay currently. I guess that he has run out of cheap junk to sell. Then again, that might be a good thing depending on your point of view. I haven't bought anything from him since I dropped him from my list of favorite Ebay sellers. I also don't communicate with him anymore as I blocked all of e-mail addresses that he used on Google groups as sock puppet accounts. I will never buy from him again. I am still adding 8-Track's to my ever growing collection. I also still add vinyl albums to my ever growing vinyl collection. I still jam to my 8-Track's whenever I want to as I still enjoy listening to them. I even have Kate's Track Shack tune them up when needed. I also still collect audio cassettes as well and still enjoy listening to them on my Teac dual cassette deck that is hooked up to my Technics receiver, alongside my Technics quartz turntable and my Marantz professional CD recorder.

One thing is certain is that Google groups as a whole are slowly becoming obsolete as a result of Facebook. Many people are starting groups on Facebook rather than starting groups here. I am a member of a lot of Facebook groups in my own right and I also admin several groups on there as well. The posting population on Google groups is slowly dropping as a result of Facebook. I have been hanging out more on Facebook anyway as I like it better. Yahoo groups are still going strong, but like Google groups, they also might start slowly to become obsolete in the years ahead if Facebook continues to become more populated with new users who have been opening new accounts on there. It wouldn't surprise me if Google groups disappears in the years ahead or even worse, become unusable.

I wish to all of you, very happy days ahead.
Old March 30th 16, 08:42 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Andy

Whare do you get youre 8 Tracks now a days?
and how do you get to kates track shack my link for her orginal web site is
long since not working.
thanks

Old April 1st 16, 03:29 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
frschoonover

On Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 3:42:29 AM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
Whare do you get youre 8 Tracks now a days?
and how do you get to kates track shack my link for her orginal web site is
long since not working.
thanks

Andy

I get my 8-Tracks through various means. I get them via Ebay, Facebook groups where 8-Track collectors sell what they have that they don't want to others and at times, I might get lucky when I discover 8-Track's at either a Salvation Army and/or Goodwill thrift store. As I said, Facebook has been becoming a lot more popular and slowly making Google groups obsolete. I recently scored some 8-Tracks from a seller on Facebook in Oklahoma and tomorrow afternoon, I am sending him some money so he can send them to me. The most recent 8-Track addition that I made was an RCA Music Service edition of Kenny Rogers' album I Prefer the Moonlight, which needs new foam pads on the springs. The tape itself is in very good condition. I will be sending this one, alongside some others, to Kate's Track Shack to get fixed and tuned up, alongside a GE radio with 8-Track player to get checked out.

Regarding their website Andy, it's still up and running. They only close it off when they need to make changes to the lists of tapes that they sell or when it needs website maintenance. Right now, it is up and running as I logged into it before answering here. I have been looking on both Ebay and the 8-Track Shack because I am looking for certain particular 8-Tracks. Some of the prices that they are being sold on Ebay range from fair to being greedy at times. A few times, I have seen sellers list 8-Tracks for almost $100.00 to almost $200.00. However, I have seen most being listed for fair prices such as $1.00 to about $10.00 or more. Still, I never let it dull my enthusiasm for collecting them and adding them to my ever growing collection.

Last Summer, I scored some 8-Tracks at a local estate sale. There were tapes in a box with handles and a Lazy Susan of various carts. Most of the carts that were in the box with handles are Ampex, with a few being Lear Jet's that Ampex released, have melted rollers, but I will be getting them fixed in the near future via Kate's Track Shack. They do the best work on 8-Track's that money can buy and they always give a 30 day guarantee on everything that they fix and tune-up. I am always satisfied with their service and work and i keep having them do the work on my tapes all the time. At least after they tune them up, they sound way better and also, the tapes that I bought from the infamous Charlie "Noodles" Nudo sound much better with their normal Win-Gib pressure pads than those graphite robbing no good for nothing pads that he made. I highly recommend them when it comes to fixing 8-Tracks and 8-Track players. They do the best work that money can buy and you always get a 30 day guarantee on everything that they fix and tune-up.

I hope that all of you have a wonderful evening and many happy days ahead.
Old April 1st 16, 08:45 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Andy

Hi yes but what is the www address for her site
and thanks for all the info places i didnt think of off hand

Old April 1st 16, 02:24 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
frschoonover

On Friday, April 1, 2016 at 3:46:21 AM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
Hi yes but what is the www address for her site
and thanks for all the info places i didnt think of off hand

Andy

Here's their website:

http://www.katestrackshack.com/

You're very welcome. Glad to help.
Old April 2nd 16, 08:58 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Andy

i own this model she has for sale .
Sony TC 228 8 Track Stereo Tapecorder -
love it grate unit

Old April 3rd 16, 01:49 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
frschoonover

On Saturday, April 2, 2016 at 3:58:37 AM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
i own this model she has for sale .
Sony TC 228 8 Track Stereo Tapecorder -
love it grate unit

I have several 8-Track players. I am currently using a Soundesign 8-Track player unit connected to an Encore Technologies small compact unit and that is all that I am using this particular unit for. I also have a few portables that need some tuning up before I can use them. I will be sending my GE Loudmouth III portable radio with 8-Track player, alongside some tapes, to Kate's Track Shack to get fixed up and to have the tapes fixed and tuned up. I also have a Bradford (W.T. Grant brand) and a Panasonic unit that both need fixing. I managed to score the Soundesign unit at the local Salvation Army thrift store in my hometown. I am looking forward to the tapes that I bought off of somebody on Facebook. If they need tuning up, I will send them to Kate's Track Shack in the near future.

Happy tracking and wishing all of you happy days.

Old April 3rd 16, 08:06 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Andy

i have owned all the models you have.
but i currantly only have the TC228 player recorder.
I got it from a local radio station that used it as a back up machine so it
hardly ever got used.
for the low low price of $ 5.00
SCORES