FA: 1893-S Morgan Dollar compared with AU-50

Old October 26th 03, 10:10 PM
Ira Stein

Stu wrote:

I could do that, I know, but sometimes when it's real late I just want to get
it over with. I was tired from an all day drive and by the time I ate dinner,
unpacked the coins, logged them into Excel, answered tons of e-mail inquiries,
etc, it was after 11 and I wanted to get the better pieces on that night. For
some reason I thought it was Sunday night!

Ira Stein
Old October 26th 03, 10:20 PM
Stujoe

Ira Stein spoke thusly...
Stu wrote:

I could do that, I know, but sometimes when it's real late I just want to get
it over with. I was tired from an all day drive and by the time I ate dinner,
unpacked the coins, logged them into Excel, answered tons of e-mail inquiries,
etc, it was after 11 and I wanted to get the better pieces on that night. For
some reason I thought it was Sunday night!

I can certainly understand that Ira!
--
Stujoe, Who can neither type nor spell worth a hoot.
Old October 27th 03, 02:32 AM
Bruce Remick

Ira Stein wrote:

Bruce Remick wrote:

Ira, I am risking being considered a dork here, but in an auction of
this calibre, you've just *gotta* use a spell-checker on your text.
There's always a chance that a potential bidder who doesn't already know
you and your history of offering top end items on Ebay may hesitate
because of all the typos. They just don't do your reputation and
professionalism justice. Your insistance on the best quality images can
be hurt when the text isn't given the same treatment.

Please take this as a constructive suggestion! I join the others here
in salivating over your choice auctions, fanticizing mental budget
manipulations to justify adding one of your gems to our collection.

Oh, yes. I have never had difficulty seeing your auction images, but
then I'm using Netscape.

Regards,

Yep, I know about the typos. There's no spell check for the Andale text, at
least in the Mac world. (nor AOL's newsgroup postings.)

I had a nerve injury to my left arm as a kid and 3 fingers are mostly without
sensation in my hand, so I could never learn to type. Can't feel if I am ON the
key or between them! I am pretty fast with hunt & peck but not particularly
accurate. Usually, when I enter listing late at night which I did with this one
I am prone to make mistakes. When I am wide awake I try to read them all and
then correct the mistakes in spelling. I believe I got most of them.

It looks like most are able to see my auctions now, so for that I'm quite
relieved.

No offense taken, Bruce.
(so now Bruce ridicules the disabled?) Smiley face here.

Ira Stein

Oh Geeeez, Ira!! Now you made me feel like that dork and wishing I had
simply sent you an email instead of posting here like that. (smiley
face accepted) Actually, I have been a 2-finger typist since the old
Royal manual days. When I passed 60, I noticed that I was making more
mistakes, especially transposing pairs of letters and missed key
strokes, much more than I ever did before. So I have to read my auction
descriptions several times to catch the typos. Most of us don't pay
attention to typing errors in rcc posts, but if I'm selling an item on
eBay, I believe I'm also selling "myself" in a way by care I take with
the quality of my photos and the neat appearance of my auction
description.

I really enjoy following your coin auctions and do appreciate the
professional way they are presented. That's often the closest I will
ever get to many of those coins and I have saved several of your photos
as reference examples of what certain coins CAN look like. I'm sure I'm
not alone here. I'm relieved you took my suggestion as constructive and
appreciate your response.

Bruce
Old November 7th 03, 11:32 AM

Stujoe wrote:
Ira Stein spoke thusly...

Yep, I know about the typos. There's no spell check for the Andale text, at
least in the Mac world. (nor AOL's newsgroup postings.)

This is for the windows world too but, often, I can select the text out
of an input box, copy it, paste it into my word processor, spell check
it, copy it again and paste it back into the input box as a work around
for a no spell check problem. Just a thought...

Exactly my thoughts, do it in Word or Lotus or even Netscape email! Then
do a cut and paste.

Cheers,

Jim "polymath66" McGarigle

http://profiles.yahoo.com/polymath_66
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/polymath66/
http://www.geocities.com/polymath_66/Jimboindex.html
http://www.geocities.com/polymath_66/polymath_66.html

Old November 7th 03, 04:05 PM
LRC-Tom

Ira wrote...

Both certified by PCGS, the EF-45 now for auction was graded about 12 years ago
and he AU-50 that I sold several months ago was graded this year.

The "EF-45" looks like a much nicer coin to me. Less high-point
flatness and more luster than the "AU-50". Plus, maybe it's the
picture or scratches on the slab, but the "AU" looks pretty heavily
hairlined.

..Tom