Holy grail! Monkees 8-tracks/reels/cassettes/playtapes for sale!!

Old November 10th 06, 01:07 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.music.monkees

Default Holy grail! Monkees 8-tracks/reels/cassettes/playtapes for sale!!

Hi all,

My wife Abby and I are long-time Monkees collectors, and over the years
our collection has grown to the point where it can't be contained! We
have been contributors to various Monkees publications (Marty Eck's "Monkees
Price Guide," Andrew Sandoval's "The Monkees" day-by-day guide), and we plan
to continue in various aspects of collecting Monkee-things. But, we now feel
the time is right to start selling off parts of our collection. The one
part I personally have spent years collecting and enjoying is the
reel-to-reels and 8-tracks (even original cassettes & playtapes!). So, if
you are interested, please let me know.

I have the following:

8-tracks
"More Of The Monkees" Colgems cart with clam shell case (missing cover,
roller is gooey) - $125
"Birds, Bees & Monkees" Colgems cart with clam shell case in MINT condition
(includes the warranty paper) - $150
"Instant Replay" Colgems cart with slip-box case - $100
"Greatest Hits" Colgems cart with slip-box case - $75
"Present" Colgems cart with slip-box case - $125
"Changes" Colgems cart with slip-box case - $150
"The Monkees" Laurie House cart SEALED from 1976 - $30
"Then & Now...The Best of The Monkees" Arista cart from 1986 (!) - $50
"More Greatest Hits Of The Monkees" Arista cart from 1982 - $30
"Magnetic South" RCA cart with slip-box case SEALED - $25
"Loose Salute" RCA cart with slip-box case SEALED - $25
"Nevada Fighter" RCA cart SEALED - $25
"Tantamount to Treason" RCA cart SEALED - $25
"And The Hits Just Keep On Comin" RCA cart SEALED - $25
"Pretty Much Your Standard Ranch Stash" RCA cart - $25
all the Pacific Arts 8-tracks....all SEALED - $20 each

Reel-to-reels
"Instant Replay" - Colgems - $100
"Greatest Hits" - Colgems (in spectacularly mint condition....really!) - $75
"Wichita Train Whistle Sings" - Dot SEALED - $125
"The Monkees"/"More Of" two-fer - Colgems - $75
"Headquarters"/"Pisces" two-fer - Colgems - $75

Cassettes
"Instant Replay" - Colgems - $150
"Greatest Hits" - Colgems - $150
"Present" - Colgems - $150
"Changes" - RCA (from Australia) - $150
"Magnetic South" - RCA - $125
"Loose Salute" - RCA - $125
"Nevada Fighter" - RCA - $125

Other
"Wichita Train Whistle Sings" Playtape (4 songs) - Dot - $150
"Wichita Train Whistle Sings" 4-track - $75

Please feel free to e-mail me at joealterio at sbcglobal dot net.

Sincerely,

Joe Alterio

Old November 10th 06, 02:50 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.music.monkees
DeserTBoB

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 01:07:20 GMT, wrote:

I have the following:

8-tracks
"More Of The Monkees" Colgems cart with clam shell case (missing cover,
roller is gooey) - $125 snip

....and here I was punishing myself for paying $2.50 for a GOOD copy!

"Birds, Bees & Monkees" Colgems cart with clam shell case in MINT condition
(includes the warranty paper) - $150
"Instant Replay" Colgems cart with slip-box case - $100
"Greatest Hits" Colgems cart with slip-box case - $75
"Present" Colgems cart with slip-box case - $125
"Changes" Colgems cart with slip-box case - $150
"The Monkees" Laurie House cart SEALED from 1976 - $30
"Then & Now...The Best of The Monkees" Arista cart from 1986 (!) - $50
"More Greatest Hits Of The Monkees" Arista cart from 1982 - $30
"Magnetic South" RCA cart with slip-box case SEALED - $25
"Loose Salute" RCA cart with slip-box case SEALED - $25
"Nevada Fighter" RCA cart SEALED - $25
"Tantamount to Treason" RCA cart SEALED - $25
"And The Hits Just Keep On Comin" RCA cart SEALED - $25
"Pretty Much Your Standard Ranch Stash" RCA cart - $25
all the Pacific Arts 8-tracks....all SEALED - $20 each snip

Lotsa luck with these prices on the Colgems. The Arista rerelease is
pretty rare, as are several others.
Old November 10th 06, 04:59 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
William W Western

"Magnetic South" RCA cart with slip-box case SEALED - $25
"Loose Salute" RCA cart with slip-box case SEALED - $25
"Nevada Fighter" RCA cart SEALED - $25

Now there's three really great musical albums. Great pedal
steel by Red Rhodes. I have them on LP. But Magnetic South and Loose Salute
are bundled together on CD now. Same with Nevada Fighter and Tantamount To
Treason. All four would run about $55 without the aggravation of 8 track.
Still, sealed Papa Nez is pretty cool.

Old November 10th 06, 05:52 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.music.monkees
[email protected]

DeserTBoB wrote:

Rare cassette releases ARE coming up in value, true...but not THIS
much, for sure.

As a whole, we're passing on your offer, anonymous!

Old November 10th 06, 06:30 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.music.monkees
[email protected]

I really doubt any collector will pay that kind of money from those
8-tracks. I'll give ya 50 cents a piece for those tapes.

Old November 10th 06, 10:29 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.music.monkees
Frodis

Still able to get 'em all riled up after all these years eh Zero? Some
things never change.

Frodis(!x7)

ups.com...

Old November 13th 06, 06:52 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.music.monkees
[email protected]

wrote:
I really doubt any collector will pay that kind of money from those
8-tracks. I'll give ya 50 cents a piece for those tapes.

I'll give you $2.50 if you pay for shipping.