Coingate: Problems with my Coin World magazine

Old May 23rd 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Coingate: Problems with my Coin World magazine

Everytime I receive my copy in the mail the cover is so
badly mangled that it's almost torn off!

Has this been happening to others? Sounds like a Coingate.

And how is it that a full tank of gas and a years subscription
cost the same? Isn't this also a coingate?

Old May 24th 06, 12:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"frank wight" wrote in message
oups.com...
Everytime I receive my copy in the mail the cover is so
badly mangled that it's almost torn off!

Has this been happening to others? Sounds like a Coingate.

And how is it that a full tank of gas and a years subscription
cost the same? Isn't this also a coingate?

My last three issues in a row have arrived stamped "received in damaged
condition." Must be something going around...

Mr. Jaggers

Old May 24th 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"frank wight" wrote in message
oups.com...
Everytime I receive my copy in the mail the cover is so
badly mangled that it's almost torn off!

Has this been happening to others? Sounds like a Coingate.

And how is it that a full tank of gas and a years subscription
cost the same? Isn't this also a coingate?

My last three issues in a row have arrived stamped "received in damaged
condition." Must be something going around...

Mr. Jaggers

My weekly CW's are arriving in okay shape, but lately the monthly Coin Values
magazine have been shipped separately instead of enclosed with the paper within
a protective wrap. As a result the covers on them have been wrinkled and torn.
Too bad. I was maintaining a collection of them, mostly for the great grading
photos in each issue. I guess I could just cut out and save those sections like
other people probably do.

Bruce

Old May 24th 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Tue, 23 May 2006 18:37:46 -0500, "Mr. Jaggers"
lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

"frank wight" wrote in message
roups.com...
Everytime I receive my copy in the mail the cover is so
badly mangled that it's almost torn off!

Has this been happening to others? Sounds like a Coingate.

And how is it that a full tank of gas and a years subscription
cost the same? Isn't this also a coingate?

My last three issues in a row have arrived stamped "received in damaged
condition." Must be something going around...

Mr. Jaggers

I asked my mail person about that and he said they got in trouble
because they were delivering mail too fast so they are sitting on the
side of the road and Coin World is one of their favorites, right
behind Cosmo. After 3 or 4 reads they do tend to get a little
tattered.
Cliff

Old May 25th 06, 09:57 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

The issue I got last week looked like it went through a cotton gin.

"frank wight" wrote in message
oups.com...
Everytime I receive my copy in the mail the cover is so
badly mangled that it's almost torn off!

Has this been happening to others? Sounds like a Coingate.

And how is it that a full tank of gas and a years subscription
cost the same? Isn't this also a coingate?

The issue I got last week looked like it went through a cotton gin.
Don't know what the problem is, but it's getting pretty stale.

"...What men mistaken for beauty in themselves
is usually nothing save a certain hollow gaudiness,
a revolting flashiness, the superficial splendor
of a prancing animal..."
H.L Mencken--The lore of beauty

Old May 25th 06, 11:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"longnine009" wrote in message
. ..
The issue I got last week looked like it went through a cotton gin.

I just discovered that the last three Coin Value mags I received were actually
newsstand versions, mailed separately from the CW paper and dated differently.
All three were scruffed up and at least one was received so ragged to be
unsuitable for saving. Sent an email to Coin World asking what happened to the
supplement versions packaged with the CW I had been getting once a month. No
reply yet. Anyone else have this happen?

Bruce

Old May 25th 06, 03:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Thu, 25 May 2006 04:57:30 -0400, longnine009 wrote:
The issue I got last week looked like it went through a cotton gin.

That's impressive. Which side did it seem to have come out?
Old May 26th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Bruce Remick wrote:
"longnine009" wrote in message
. ..
The issue I got last week looked like it went through a cotton gin.

I just discovered that the last three Coin Value mags I received were
actually
newsstand versions, mailed separately from the CW paper and dated
differently.
All three were scruffed up and at least one was received so ragged to be
unsuitable for saving. Sent an email to Coin World asking what happened to
the
supplement versions packaged with the CW I had been getting once a month. No
reply yet. Anyone else have this happen?

Bruce

Of course you probably know that there is a two-tier pricing for CW
customers...
those that want the supplement and those that don't. I currently am
stuck with
the supplement...and don't want it.

I never knew that. I have subscribed to CW for many years, never noticing any
two-tier pricing option. I just started receiving the CV mag as a supplement
when it came out and have been getting them ever since. No apparent price
increase. I didn't even know you could "opt out" of the magazine when it came
time to renew.

I did email CW about the switch from CV supplements to newsstand issues and
received a reply indicating that starting in October there would be only a
newsstand version of Coin Values-- no supplement. If you subscribe to both CW
and CV, they will be mailed together in a protective wrapper.

I thought that when they dropped the weekly CW Trends feature in 2003, they
touted their new monthly CV magazine as a slick replacement (free to
subscribers) which included a comprehensive Trends section each month. If I
have been paying more for my subscription since this magazine came out, I was
not aware of it. Wouldn't be the first thing I wasn't aware of.

Bruce