MY AUTOGRAPH YEAR IN REVIEW - 2005

Old December 30th 05, 10:05 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

Default MY AUTOGRAPH YEAR IN REVIEW - 2005

Well-Another year is gone, and I'm sitting here once again typing up the
annual "Year in Review"

After starting a new job in February, 2 trips to Gaithersburg, MD, one in
February and one in May-brought the likes of meeting Cindy Williams, Jon
Walmsley (Jason Walton), Butch Patrick and Paul LeMat. Cindy was a
sweetheart, and drooled over my American Graffitti album cover!!! Paul
drooled over Wolfman's autograph from 1989....

In June, in person-Another year at "Dukefest" in Bristol TN, and due 40000
people invading the speedway-Ben Jones (Cooter) is moving the festivities to
Nashville this coming year. Amazing-Bristol can handle 100,000 plus people
for NASCAR twice a year, but can't handle 40,000 at Dukefest. Hmmm-Ben must
know where the $$$'s at. I do think the remaining cast is slowly moving to
charging for tickets, as they used a ticket system this past year. Tickets
acted as a speed pass to get you thru the line, but no cost for the tickets.
With 1 ticket you had to purchase a star's item, plus 1 of your own got
signed. We will see if they start charging all together in the coming years.
On a good note, I did see John Schneider and Catherine Bach again, completed
a mini poster of Bo, Luke, and Daisy!

July-I met NY Met Legend Howard Johnson-very quiet individual, extremely
nice and signed both of my items. Thanks Howard!

October-brought old school wrestlers, in Waynesboro VA and Hayes VA. I
finally got to meet the icon-Rowdy Roddy Piper, The Koloffs, Scott Steiner,
David Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Jerry "The King" Lawler, Ronnie Garvin and Bobby
Eaton. Not to forget, the beautiful Ivory from wwe fame. She was a hottie,
much better looking in person than on camera! All the wrestlers were
extremely nice, and Dusty was even in a good mood this time around!!!!

Authentic purchases this year: from Star Wars celebration, my friend Warren
got me Billy Dee Williams and Kenny Baker on a DVD slick. And to Todd's
Autograph Arena-he assisted me in getting Peter Mayhew aka Chewbacca, Carrie
Fisher and my Slave Leia cover Carrie Fisher. Thanks Todd! From eBay-an
authentic Stone Cold Steve Austin autograph, autograph matched my in person
"Stunning Steve Austin" from years gone by....

Over all, not a bad year-I may try for more ttm attempt. Sorry for the
lengthy post, but hope everyone has a safe, and prosperous new year!

Happy Hunting-
pe2

Old December 31st 05, 12:01 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

Oh-and my one TTM response, Tom Wopat-3/3 Dukes trading cards, c/o Glengarry
Glen Ross-his broadway play his was this past year.

Old December 31st 05, 02:28 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

i'll probably post my top 10 best and worst signers pretty soon
too...or should i wait to see who autograph collector calls the best
and worst? let me know folks..
this is a great post...runs all over the place, even his purchases,
happy response...this is really what COLLECTING should be about.
mike

Old December 31st 05, 03:25 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

You sound like each event was fun and that's what collecting is
about...fun! So glad to see a post like this. Only one ttm? Maybe
you can double that in 2006! But I think a few of us sent out WAAAY
too many! Anyway, sounds like a decent year. My year isn't that bad;
I guess I am just down because to years past, it's WAY down! But I
did get a few gems.

Old December 31st 05, 03:42 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

I did send a second ttm to Boston (rock band) founder Tom Scholz, an address
I found and that was used in Autograph Collector magazine. The person who
had a success says Tom will sign thru the mail but it takes a super long
time for him to respond. Maybe I'll get it back this coming year?

Happy hunting-
pe2