Super Coin Comics

Old November 6th 03, 01:21 PM
Michael E. Marotta

Default Super Coin Comics

$$ !! SUPER COIN COMICS !!$$

IN THIS ISSUE:

THE RECREATIONAL COIN COLLECTORS VERSUS THE GOLDBUG!
PART 10: -*- CONCLUSION -*-
"THE BIGGEST CHILL"

From the tallest tower of Capital City, the Goldbug raises his
clenched fists in triumph! "MINE! MINE! EVERY COIN, EVERY BANKNOTE,
EVERY TOKEN, EVERYTHING IN THE WHOLE TOWN IS MINE!"

-------------

On the streets of Capital City, schoolteacher Miss Thistlebottom,
walks from her modest apartment to her classroom of young eager
charges. Around her neck, hardly noticed, is her eponymous crystal,
the source of her numismatic superpowers. Suddenly, two seedy
characters step out from a doorway and block her path! The Goldbug
and his accomplice, Knuckles! "I know who you really are, Miss
Thistlebottom," says The Goldbug, "or should I call you CRYSTAL?!?"

Ignoring him, she steps deftly aside and mumbles, "I must not be late
for school."

He shouts, "You are Crystal! You are Crystal! And Lincoln Cents are
not worth collecting! Your grandfather was a mere accumulator!!!"
Knuckles looks up at Goldbug admiringly and says, "She knows nothing
about counterfeit Bust Dollars, not like you, oh wise one." Ignoring
them both, the tender but tenacious teacher carefully and quickly
jaywalks to the median and then to the other side of the street. ("I
hope none of my pupils saw that... or worse... the safety patrol...
but I had to get away...") The Goldbug cups his mouth with his hands
and shouts, "Pooh-pooh! Kaka! Pee-pee!" People look at him oddly and
give him room.

He jumps up on a cartop and screams after her, "Girls have titties!!!"
Knuckles tugs at his mentor's pantlegs. "Master, please, we need to
move along." Goldbug misses a step, catching the cuff of his trousers
which now seem baggier, somehow...

Later, the pernicious pair enters a small quickprint shop. I ummask
you, Elias Garrettberg! You are The Undead!! I challenge you to a
debate. It will be a friendly debate to seek the truth by debating in
a friendly way with no unfriendly comments."

The old man coughs softly, and says, "It is a bit early for lunch, but
I know a little cafe in Bismark that has outstanding brunches. I am
going there now. You gentlemen may wait outside until I return."
Uncertain, the impolite intruders back up toward the door. "Undead
Elias Garrettberg, you cannot escape. I will come back," the Goldbug
says menacingly, shaking a fist that does not quite show from the
sleeve of a jacket somehow now roomier...

On the public square of Capital City, vendors stand before modest,
makeshift booths. Jewelries, trinkets, notions, and photographs.
Identically dressed and virtually indistinquishable, a man and a
woman, hawk their snapshots. "This picture shows Balalaika hurling a
C#major at the Goldbug... and this is Binary Man assembling bits ...
and ..."

"YOU LIE!" the Goldbug shouts. "I reveal you to be the Alrin Twins,
you lying liars telling lies!" The couple barely notices Goldbug and
Knuckles, taking out newspapers and reading them pointedly. "Your
photographs prove nothing!!"

The afternoon sun is still high in the sky as The Goldbug and Knuckles
walk into a poor neighborhood. Knuckles asks his mentor, "Why are we
here?" and The Goldbug answers, "There is a certain doctor we need to
see." Inside the free clinic, Dr. Presley Stevenson wraps a little
boy's hand in an ace bandage. "If you aren't careful, you'll miss the
NBA, and a bright kid like you might end up a doctor, if you are not
careful." The child smiles back. "I got all As again, Dr. Steve!
Every one!" The door swings open, Goldbug and Knuckles enter the
examination room.

"You cannot trick me into a debate!" the Goldbug announces. "Your
unqualified medical opinion of my mental state is only a smokescreen
for your inability to meet me on my terms! I refuse to debate you.
What do you say to that?" Dr. Stevenson looks past the Goldbug and
Knuckles to catch his nurse's questioning look. "Nurse, call the
mission downstairs and have them come up for these two gentlemen. They
need a hot meal."

The Goldbug lunges for the exit. "You are outside your specialty,
Doctor!" he yells, dragging Knuckles with him.

Out on the street, Goldbug looks quizzically at Knuckles, now eye to
eye. "You've gotten bigger. Is that possible? In fact, everything
has gotten bigger."

Knuckles says, "Master, I think you are shrinking."

SMACK! The Goldbug swipes his assistant across the cheek. "Fool! I am
the same size I have always been -- perhaps bigger after my victorious
encounters with my enemies!! If the world around me is even more
greatly enlarged then there must be a phenomenon to explain it. We
will consult the authorities. Authorities know everything. Come! to
the Ancient Authority Society library."

Entering the Spanish neighborhood where the Ancient Authority Society
has its headquarters, Goldbug hears gay Tex Mex polkas. "Come,
Knuckles, we have an appointment with destiny!" In the midst of a
street fair, surrounded by children is an Aztec god, dressed in the
white cotton of a Mexican peasant. "Cinco de Mayo!" yells the
Goldbug. "Admit that you got a speeding ticket!! If you do not, I
will give fake coins to these children. Soon, they will build their
own Black Cabinets!" The carnival caperer waves to a group of young
toughs. Goldbug and Knuckles are surrounded by gaudily dressed
pachukos. "Senor, if you are not lost, then perhaps you should get
lost." Knuckles drags the now-smaller Goldbug away.

Waiting for a bus, Goldbug ponders the relativity of his new
situation. "Everything is getting huge. We should retreat to our
secret fortress and decide how to explain this with a periodic post."
They board the bus. "You don't need to pay full fare, young man!" the
driver says.

Later... deep underground ...
[MEN WORKING] [Construction]
{No Admittance} /Keep Out/
~Danger High Voltage~

In a vault lost among the labyrinthine mazes of the city's underground
waterways ...
Knuckles sits on a pile of counterfeit money. Fakes, phoneys, bogos,
hokey, hinky, cast, struck, retooled, coins, notes, medals, tokens,...
"Money, money, everywhere," he moans, "and not a dime to spend." In
the corner, on a card table, sits an HO-gage replica of Capital City.
From the tallest tower, the Goldbug raises his clenched fists in
triumph! "MINE! MINE! EVERY COIN, EVERY BANKNOTE, EVERY TOKEN,
EVERYTHING IN THE WHOLE TOWN IS MINE!"

/* THE END *\
Old November 6th 03, 01:41 PM
A.Gent

"Michael E. Marotta" wrote in message
om...
$$ !! SUPER COIN COMICS !!$$

IN THIS ISSUE:

THE RECREATIONAL COIN COLLECTORS VERSUS THE GOLDBUG!
PART 10: -*- CONCLUSION -*-
"THE BIGGEST CHILL"

snip

LOL!

Whooooooooshhhhhhhh!
"Holy low-flying jets, Batman!
There's that mysterious noise again!
I swear (often) it has altered my part. "

Thanks Michael
Have you contracted out the illustrations yet?
(I have some ideas...)

Old November 6th 03, 05:42 PM
so ne

Part 10? I remember seeing part 1, where are the rest? Have I missed
them, :-(((
Thank you so much for this Michael. Very funny.
Doris

Australian Milk Producers Association
http://www.geocities.com/ampa_ltd/

Calling ALL farmers, rural businesses, australians! See
http://home.iprimus.com.au/wpbalcombe/ Please leave feedback re OZ Dairy
Crisis at http://geocities.yahoo.com/gb/sign?member=BAlcs9 Welcome to
"Balcowa"!
http://www.geocities.com/balcs9/index.htm