The JPS Torah Commentary

Old August 20th 11, 11:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Francis A. Miniter[_2_]

Default The JPS Torah Commentary

Five volumes, 1989, in mint condition. Today was a very,
very good day.

--
Francis A. Miniter

Mesure is Medicine þauh þou muche ȝeor[n]e.
Al nis not good to þe gost þat þe bodi lykeþ,
Ne lyflode to þe licam þat leof is to þe soule.

William Langland, The Vision of Piers Plowman
Passus I, lines 33 - 35
Old August 21st 11, 01:43 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
J[_2_]

Well, I didn't know what this was (apart from knowing what The Torah
is), so I googled it.

It turns out to be an immense work of Scriptural scholarship from the
Jewish Publication Society, currently out of print according to their
website. The individual volumes seem still to be available, but that
would cost even more than the $360 shown as the set price. (I assume
Francis paid less than that...)

A find, indeed.
Old August 21st 11, 05:20 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Francis A. Miniter[_2_]

On 8/20/2011 20:43 PM, J wrote:
Well, I didn't know what this was (apart from knowing what The Torah
is), so I googled it.

It turns out to be an immense work of Scriptural scholarship from the
Jewish Publication Society, currently out of print according to their
website. The individual volumes seem still to be available, but that
would cost even more than the $360 shown as the set price. (I assume
Francis paid less than that...)

A find, indeed.

Much less, indeed.

--
Francis A. Miniter

Mesure is Medicine þauh þou muche ȝeor[n]e.
Al nis not good to þe gost þat þe bodi lykeþ,
Ne lyflode to þe licam þat leof is to þe soule.

William Langland, The Vision of Piers Plowman
Passus I, lines 33 - 35

1997 JPS Old Koban Colour Guide - deluxe album phos45 Marketplace 0 February 12th 06 01:59 PM
Signs Economic Commentary Dove Coins 0 February 7th 06 04:13 AM
Signs Econonmic Commentary Dove Coins 0 January 31st 06 07:21 PM
Thematics~further commentary Rodney General Discussion 0 August 26th 05 05:52 AM
PCI Coin Grading Commentary Willy P Coins 16 May 23rd 05 01:42 AM