Presidential Dollar Coin bill passes in House

Old June 30th 05, 04:10 PM
Paul Anderson

Default Presidential Dollar Coin bill passes in House

Here's a link to a CNN Money article about the Presidential Coin bill
passing Wednesday in the House:

http://coins.about.com/gi/dynamic/of.../money.cnn.com
/2005/04/27/pf/new%5Fdollar/index.htm

Paul

--
Paul Anderson
OpenVMS Engineering
Old June 30th 05, 04:17 PM
jim menning

"Paul Anderson" wrote in message

Here's a link to a CNN Money article about the Presidential Coin
bill
passing Wednesday in the House:

Yep, passed on Wednesday, over 2 months ago!

jim menning

Old June 30th 05, 07:50 PM
Johnny Thunder

Paul Anderson wrote:

Here's a link to a CNN Money article about the Presidential Coin bill
passing Wednesday in the House:

http://coins.about.com/gi/dynamic/of.../money.cnn.com
/2005/04/27/pf/new%5Fdollar/index.htm

Paul

--
Paul Anderson
OpenVMS Engineering
Hewlett-Packard Company

I wish there was something I could do to kill this dumb a** idea!

JAM
Old June 30th 05, 07:53 PM
Paul Anderson

In article , jim menning
wrote:

Yep, passed on Wednesday, over 2 months ago!

Oh, dear. I didn't realize this bill had passed in the House (I
thought I was paying attention to such things), and I ensured I'd
embarrass myself by not looking at the article date of April 28!

So is the only thing left for the bill is to be passed by the Senate?
Or are there two versions that somehow have to be grafted together?

Paul

--
Paul Anderson
OpenVMS Engineering
Old June 30th 05, 08:23 PM
Robert G. Schaffrath

Johnny Thunder wrote:

I wish there was something I could do to kill this dumb a** idea!

JAM

+1

Personally I would rather they pass the "District of Columbia and United
States Territories Circulating Quarter Dollar Program Act" (H.R. 2993
from the 108th Congress) finish off the state quarter series in 2009.
This presidential dollar series does not impress me plus I am against
the idea of having a living President, current or former, on any of our
coinage.
Old July 1st 05, 12:13 AM
Fred Shecter

There is a companion bill in the Senate (I have posted the link MANY times -
look for posts about cosponsors).

As of yesterday there are 44 out of 100 Senators who are cosponsors - from
both sides of the aisle.

--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply

Old July 1st 05, 11:31 AM

Didn't the Roman emperors have their likenesses on coins? Appropriate!

Jim

Old July 1st 05, 01:12 PM
Jim Higgins

"Paul Anderson" wrote in message
Here's a link to a CNN Money article about the Presidential Coin bill
passing Wednesday in the House:

http://coins.about.com/gi/dynamic/of.../money.cnn.com
/2005/04/27/pf/new%5Fdollar/index.htm

Paul

--
Paul Anderson
OpenVMS Engineering
Hewlett-Packard Company

Another worthless exercise in "feel good" (for whom?) legislation This
series of coins will never circulate, like the Susan B and the Sac, unless
the paper dollar goes. And that will not happen any time soon.

Old July 1st 05, 02:42 PM
shreadvector

Ah, you did not read my message from several weeks ago where I detailed
what a bank employee told me. It involved a meeting with the Fed and
local bank folks where they were informed of the plans to phase out the
dollar bill as the Presidential Dollar Coin program is underway.

I think they should do it faster, they want to take their time -
perhaps to produce the billions of coins needed to supply the economy.

Time to remove the feeding tube from the rag dollar.

-Fred Shecter

Old July 1st 05, 04:16 PM
Edward McGrath

Fred wrote: they were informed of the plans to phase out the dollar bill
as the Presidential Dollar coin program is underway. snip Fred do you
really believe a flunky bank teller making poop wages is going to know
insider information?............... Where did you hear this? Well a
friend of a friend who knows a guy that has a son who dating a girl whos
father is a friend of a limo driver who substituted for another driver
that drove a political guy who drinks at a restaurant over heard the bus
boy saying he heard the story through the mens room attendant who put
his ear up against the stall and heard the political man mumbling to
himself, so it MUST BE TRUE!!!!. Ed