L-100 Scan twice, doesn't pick

Old January 22nd 17, 04:55 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Wayne B Wayne B is offline
Junior Member

Default L-100 Scan twice, doesn't pick

Hi all,

I have a sick L-100.

Scans twice, doesn't pick. Battery test does not work. Tubes seem to be good, I have a new 2050 arriving this week, just in case.

The mech does trip if I pull the 12AX7, pull and replace the RCA plug or ground pins 3 or 5 of the 2050

TEU-1 was rebuilt a few years ago, all new caps and resistors.

I'm using a free play box.

Prior to this happening, if I'm correct (it was a while ago), intermittently, if I made a selection, the keys would not latch sometimes, and sometimes they would. Then it would pick. Then I heard a "pop" and since then, the keys latch, but the box does not pick anymore.

thoughts?

Old January 23rd 17, 08:32 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

On 2017/01/22 7:55 AM, Wayne B wrote:
Hi all,

I have a sick L-100.

Scans twice, doesn't pick. Battery test does not work. Tubes seem to be good, I have a new 2050 arriving this week, just in case.

The mech does trip if I pull the 12AX7, pull and replace the RCA plug or ground pins 3 or 5 of the 2050

TEU-1 was rebuilt a few years ago, all new caps and resistors.

I'm using a free play box.

Prior to this happening, if I'm correct (it was a while ago), intermittently, if I made a selection, the keys would not latch sometimes, and sometimes they would. Then it would pick. Then I heard a "pop" and since then, the keys latch, but the box does not pick anymore.

thoughts?

Detent switch dirty? Have you checked my Seeburg tips page for testing
processes?

http://flippers.com/Seeburg-trblshoot.html (handy if you have a 'scope
or even a voltmeter)

Theory he

http://flippers.com/Seeburg-tormat.html

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old January 28th 17, 02:20 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Wayne B Wayne B is offline
Junior Member

Thanks John,

I'e cleaned the detent switch, but that did not help.

The troubleshooting manual is pointing towards a bad format, although I find that hard to believe.

I do have a replacement format arriving in a few days.

-Wayne

Old January 29th 17, 06:43 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Hio Wayne,

I agree, Tormats were very reliable. It could be a broken wire on the
RCA plug - does it show continuity between the pin and the shell? Should
be under ten ohms if I recall correctly - more like 3 or 4 ohms in fact.

Look for the "Battery Test" that will help determine if the Tormat and
Readout circuits are working correctly.

You will have to align the replacement Tormat correctly, this is shown
in the manual.

I suspect you have another problem than that though.

John :-#(#

Old January 30th 17, 12:46 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

John,

Yes, there is continuity across the RCA plug, also OHMs out fine.

The TEU-1 checked out ok on my friend's KD using my tubes as well.

The tormat had been opened prior to me getting this box, I don't know why. I opened it and didn't see anything obvious, the resistor reads 183Ω.

I have a "new" tormat arriving in a day or two. I'll keep you posted.

-Wayne

Old January 30th 17, 01:21 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Did you try the battery test?

Basically you take a 1.5VC battery (AA or C cell) and put it base
(negative) against the control center case and you tap the centre pin of
the RCA plug against the positive post of the battery a couple of quick
times. Plug the RCA back into the Tormat socket on the control centre
and make any selection. If it now plays ALL (or most) selections then
the Tormat are readout circuit is fine. If it just scans back and forth
try the same test, but reverse the battery so the positive termina is
against the control centre chassis and tap the Tormat RCA centre pin to
the Negative shell of the battery - plug RCA back into Tormat socket on
control centre and again make any selection. If you now play (any)
selections then great, the Tormat and readout circuits are fine (or
either needs attention if only some selections play - ALL will play if
Tormat and Readout is good).

Hope that is clear.

You never said if you tried the battery test after all...don't assume
the Tormat is bad until you have done some tests...

John :-#)#

Old January 31st 17, 06:27 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Wayne B Wayne B is offline
Junior Member

John,

Yes,

I did the battery test, it failed.

I replaced the tormat today, and now the battery test works.

I did get the box to pick, I think there were two issues, 1 - the tormat and 2 - the wipers on the numbers relay on the stepper used to have an alligator clip that held them together and were then jumped to the "T" test point. That clip had also fallen off.

Now on to it's next problem. It won't pick selections B7, D7, F7 or H7.

-Wayne

Old January 31st 17, 07:01 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

This problem could be related to the LP selections if that is an option
on your machine. This would either be near the stepper or near the
keyboard. See that all jumpers are set to Regular Play or similar.

Read the Installation Manual which explains how those are set.

John :-#)#

Old February 4th 17, 09:16 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Wayne B Wayne B is offline
Junior Member

Fixed

Wipers on Numbers stepper needed de-oxit. I cleaned the heck out of them, but it took de-oxit to really do the trick.

thanks for the help.