To all the ney sayers about about Seeburg 222's sound and loudness.

Old October 13th 10, 01:15 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Dave27

Default To all the ney sayers about about Seeburg 222's sound and loudness.

I read allot of posts on hear about how Seeburg 222's dont go very
loud,or they dont sound very good...etc..Well I would just like to say
if your Seeburg 222 is not going very loud or doesnt sound very good
then your amplifier hasnt been rebuilt,it wasnt rebuilt correctly or
it was just plain done wrong.I installed a professonally rebuilt SHFA2
amplifier today in my 222 and it blew me away. This thing was crystal
clear,the fidelity and sound quality was amazing,it sounds better then
my Seeburg USC-2 Firestar and its 13 years newer.Oh and this thing
CRANKS far louder then I would ever need.So I just wanted to say if
your juke sounds like crap (like mine did)or doesnt go very loud have
your amp gone through. I was told there is more to rebuilding an amp
then just doing a cap kit and now I believe it.......Dave
Old October 13th 10, 10:16 AM
Alan Hood Alan Hood is offline
Senior Member

Location: Sheffield UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave27 View Post
I read allot of posts on hear about how Seeburg 222's dont go very
loud,or they dont sound very good...etc..Well I would just like to say
if your Seeburg 222 is not going very loud or doesnt sound very good
then your amplifier hasnt been rebuilt,it wasnt rebuilt correctly or
it was just plain done wrong.I installed a professonally rebuilt SHFA2
amplifier today in my 222 and it blew me away. This thing was crystal
clear,the fidelity and sound quality was amazing,it sounds better then
my Seeburg USC-2 Firestar and its 13 years newer.Oh and this thing
CRANKS far louder then I would ever need.So I just wanted to say if
your juke sounds like crap (like mine did)or doesnt go very loud have
your amp gone through. I was told there is more to rebuilding an amp
then just doing a cap kit and now I believe it.......Dave
Hi Dave,

When I worked on Seeburgs in the mid 70's by far the 222 was one of the best sounding jukeboxes of that era. We have all come across so called refurbished parts for jukeboxes or entire jukeboxes that have left a lot to be desired my advice is to pay for it to be done right, the problem these days is there is not many of us older guy's about and I am amongst the youngest.

Regards
Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

Last edited by Alan Hood : October 13th 10 at 10:18 AM.
Old October 14th 10, 11:45 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tony Miklos[_2_]

On 10/12/2010 8:15 PM, Dave27 wrote:
I read allot of posts on hear about how Seeburg 222's dont go very
loud,or they dont sound very good...etc..Well I would just like to say
if your Seeburg 222 is not going very loud or doesnt sound very good
then your amplifier hasnt been rebuilt,it wasnt rebuilt correctly or
it was just plain done wrong.I installed a professonally rebuilt SHFA2
amplifier today in my 222 and it blew me away. This thing was crystal
clear,the fidelity and sound quality was amazing,it sounds better then
my Seeburg USC-2 Firestar and its 13 years newer.Oh and this thing
CRANKS far louder then I would ever need.So I just wanted to say if
your juke sounds like crap (like mine did)or doesnt go very loud have
your amp gone through. I was told there is more to rebuilding an amp
then just doing a cap kit and now I believe it.......Dave

Most of us happen to find ourselves from time to time with a "rebuilt"
amp only to find it is lacking a lot. I've repaired quite a few amps
that came from some big name restorers/dealers in the US. These days we
are likely to find more and more problems since there isn't much money
in jukes anymore and yes like Alan said, the old ones are dying off.
Great to *hear* your juke is sounding great! Enjoy it!

(Buy the way, I rebuild amps, and very few jukes didn't sound great, or
at least good when new, so they can sound good or great now.

--
Tony Miklos (AKA the Pinball Paramedic)
Cocke County Tennessee.

Serving parts of Eastern Tennessee, Western North Carolina, and South
Virginia.
Old October 15th 10, 12:40 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Dave27

On Oct 14, 3:45*pm, Tony Miklos wrote:
[...]

Hey Tony just out of curiosity after hearing how great my 222 sounds I
now know My Firestar USC-2 amp is not up to par. What would you charge
to rebuild the amp it has the Seeburg SHP1 in it.Better yet I have a
SHP1 that was in it that sounded really good befor I moved my juke
(better then the one thats in it now) the little circut board came
loose and shorted and it quit working.(Lesson learned anytime you move
your juke make sure everything stayed intact befor you plug it in) so
anyway I now have the backup SHP1 in it. I'm curious to see if your
amp rebuild rivals the one I just had done what do you think up for
the challenge. I would think the USC2 being 13 years newer would kick
the 222's butt but it would be fun to see which sounded better.Let me
know....Dave