wurlitzer 1015 cd bubbler no sound

Old March 4th 16, 12:48 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Default wurlitzer 1015 cd bubbler no sound

On 01/23/2015 8:36 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, January 22, 2015 at 8:38:22 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, January 22, 2015 at 2:58:22 PM UTC-5, John Robertson wrote:
On 01/21/2015 10:22 PM,
wrote:
On Thursday, January 22, 2015 at 12:05:40 AM UTC-5, John Robertson wrote:
On 01/21/2015 3:52 PM,
wrote:
On Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 6:40:06 PM UTC-5, John Robertson wrote:
On 01/21/2015 5:46 AM,
wrote:
a friend has a 1015 cd bubbler. he had it hooked up to a external amp/receiver. he moved to a new house, and after the move there is no sound, not even a hum. it is not hooked up to a receiver anymore. i looked all over for a setting or switch that might need to be put back to original, but can find anything. cd's play thru, no rejection. the display in the amp shows a " 1". i understand from the manual its a software number, but it also looks like ( from the manual)its supposed to move past the one to another display. i havent a clue how to get him going, and feel like an idiot. its probably something simple, but i just cant find it.

thanks

The amp model would help, sounds like it is a K-99 amp though. If it is
a K-99 and you have the metal cover it has the dip switch settings
printed on it.

Otherwise you can download the K-99 amp manual he

http://www.flippers.com/pdfs/K99-Amp...71124-4708.pdf

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com

that is the amp, and i have that manual. according to the manual, when you turn the juke on, the amp display should show a 1, then just the upper and lower horizontal segments should light, the lower for Ok, the upper for mute. that signifies standby mode. the unit never gets past the 1, it stays on 1. nothing in the manual says why, or what to do about it.

thanks

I'm no expert on the K-99 amp, never had to service one in the over 100
machines we sold, however the LED indicator is supposed to show which
switches are closed. So if it is always a "1" then see which switches -
if closed - would give you that result.

It might be as simple as the machine is in BGM mode all the time and not
accepting regular input. The amp has not computer it is only controlled
by a few inputs outside of the audio in/out so it should be fairly
obvious what is happening.

If you are still stuck I'll take a look at the manual and see if I can
offer any further suggestions, but really, this is pretty basic
amplifier DIP switch settings as I recall.

John :-#)#
www.flippers.com

i was flippin dips in different combos, no help. i turned the juke off before each time i changed dips, on the side of caution. according to the manual, after the 1 is displayed, each segment of the led display signifies a different condition. it should the the lower horizontal for OK , and the upper is mute on or off. BGM mode is the bottom right segment, and tape mode is the top right. all the dip are to the left, which should mean BGM and tape are off. i am at a loss .

thanks

One thing you could check is with a logic probe or digital voltmeter
verify that pin #11 of the ST6225 (CPU) is high (/Reset). If low then
the CPU is forced into Reset and nothing will happen - check related
capacitor, diode, etc.

Check the voltages in the amp - they are listed on page 14.

John :-#)#
www.flippers.com

thanks. i'll let you know.

it will be a couple of days before i can get back to the juke, but i called my friend and had him observe it . when it first powers up, it flashes all 7 segments once, then goes to the numeral 1. im not sure if i had forgotten, or it was late at nite and i spaced out, but he told me the 1 in the amp display is flashing the 1. he turned it off, then on a few times, and it is always a flashing 1. is that any kind of clue? again, i apologize if it was flashing and it didnt remember it was. it was pretty late at night when he asked me to look at it.

thanks

From the manual:

Up to approx. 1 sec. after power on random segments of the status
display will light. Followed displaying the version number of the
amplifier software (1.0, or higher). Then the bottom segment for "ok."
and the upper segment for MUTE will light. The amplifier is now in
STANDBY MODE. Depending on other enabled options more segments may light
as well (e.g. AVC).

Does this match what you see? Each of the segments tells a different
story. From top most in a clock-wise direction:
Mute
Tape
ok.
Micro
AVC
and the middle one is RS-232.

So, of those which is lit or flashing.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old March 4th 16, 02:06 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

BGM & TAPE flash immediately at turn on.
The DIP switches don't affect the display. Display always flashes a 1.

Mute LED is on immediately too at turn on.

With all inputs except power disconnected to K99,I have same result.

I can play CD'S through my stereo but not via the jukebox amp and speakers because of the K99 problem.

All components in mute circuit test okay IC, diodes, transistors. Resistors and caps seem okay.
Old March 4th 16, 02:47 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Hi John,
I have a high on pin 11 of the 41C1/ST6225.

The scheme shows pin 11 going to pin 5 of 41C2. A reset option that I don't see on my K99.

My pin 8 on the output amps is 4.3 vdc. I believe a 0 vdc or open is mute on. So 4.3 vdc shouldn't be muting the amps 2LIC1 and 2RIC1
I have 0vdc on the internal speaker outputs at 2P12.

The MV coming from 3IC1 is 5 vdc at pin 12 but .7 vdc going into the mute circuit.

I have 0vdc on pin 9/mute out of the NAND in the mute circuit. It shows that coming from 51C6, scheme 5.

Could 3IC1 be a problem? Is that chip available?

Thanks.
Glenn
Old March 4th 16, 04:42 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Is the CPU the 4CIC1/ST6225?
Are those chips available?
Old March 4th 16, 06:20 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Okay. Thanks John.