Annoying Hum Coming From My Seeburg 1000

Old November 11th 11, 02:35 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Septo[_2_]

Default Annoying Hum Coming From My Seeburg 1000

While playing my Seeburg 1000, every so often you'll get a very nasty,
audible hum. Sometimes it gets louder than the music playing...is this
the actual records (some of them are pretty beat) or the mech itself?
Someone once mentioned something about motor bushings(?) possibly
being the culprit. Any opinion on that? Thanks for any help you may
provide!
Doc
Old December 24th 15, 09:59 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 5:35:32 PM UTC-8, Septo wrote:
While playing my Seeburg 1000, every so often you'll get a very nasty,
audible hum. Sometimes it gets louder than the music playing...is this
the actual records (some of them are pretty beat) or the mech itself?
Someone once mentioned something about motor bushings(?) possibly
being the culprit. Any opinion on that? Thanks for any help you may
provide!
Doc

Sounds like your Amplifier is due for a tune up, if the sound is coming through the speakers. If it is felt in the cabinet, ten your motor may need a little oil, also replace your old rubber washers that dampen sound, this is a common problem for all the '1000' units.
Cheers jukeboxmanuals.com