Any tips on hooking up satelite/wall speakers to a 222

Old October 14th 10, 07:09 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Dave27

Default Any tips on hooking up satelite/wall speakers to a 222

I have 2 1960 Channel 1 and channel 2 8" wall speakers I was
wondering if there is anything to be carefull of when hooking them to
the amplifier. My amp is freshly rebuilt and I dont want to screw it
up. It appears its just a 2 wire hookup correct....Thankyou....Dave
Old October 15th 10, 02:25 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Rob in NYC[_2_]

On Oct 14, 1:09*pm, Dave27 wrote:
I have 2 1960 Channel 1 and channel 2 *8" wall speakers I was
wondering if there is anything to be carefull of when hooking them to
the amplifier. My amp is freshly rebuilt and I dont want to screw it
up. It appears its just a 2 wire hookup correct....Thankyou....Dave

There is really not much involved here.

Basic points: 1) the total watts on -each channel- should not exceed
the rating of each channel. you are supposed to include the machine
speaker wattage in this calculation. Those 6973 tubes produce approx
12 watts rms with both channels driven to max. but back then it was
pretty much the Wild West when it came to power ratings (as it is
again today with home theater systems). I believe thos amps are rated
at 15 watts/channel so don't be afraid to fully load them. FWIW: You
can go over by 5 watts or so, nothing bad will happen.

Other than total wattage it is important to phase the speakers
correctly or you'll lose bass and have a somewhat confusing stereo
image to deal with. Just use wire with some sort of marking for one
lead...usually this is ribbing on one side, and keep all connections
the same.

When you first power it up after connecting everything, start with
volume -way- down and bring it up slowly while listening to both
channels to make sure that there aren't any shorted connections in
either.

PS: that machine has a switch on the crossover box to cut off the
highs on the machine speakers when you use externals in the same room.
This helps widen the stereo image and just keeps the bass in the main
cabinet. try it and see if you like it this way.

Rob

HOOKING UP IPOD TO A CD100c chuckster Juke Boxes 6 August 30th 08 05:57 PM
Help Wall box speakers [email protected] Juke Boxes 0 August 20th 07 09:22 PM
SEEBURG 222 SPEAKERS Wayne Juke Boxes 1 November 21st 04 07:06 AM
WTB: backplates for Seeburg teardrop wall speakers mike Juke Boxes 7 March 9th 04 07:28 PM
FA- Jensen Jukebox wall/corner extention speakers Dennis Lavin Juke Boxes 0 July 5th 03 05:25 PM