Seeburg STD160 - HELP!

Old August 1st 08, 10:34 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Default Seeburg STD160 - HELP!

I need help with the following problems. After storing my STD160 for a long time,
I plugged it in and turned it on. It allowed me to enter a selection from the keypad but the
mechanism did not scan. After that I could no longer enter a selection from the keypad. I
cleaned the contacts on the black & gray boxes, but no go. I disconnected both boxes and
momentary connected a battery to the rca plug to the tormat to energize it. It then played all
selections but I still can not enter a selection from the keypad. The display shows select any
single and select any album & the current position of the mechanism. It does not display any
number when the keypad is selected.

Also while the mechanism is scanning the now playing / position only displays the 200's never
the 100's. Could this be related?

TIA
Chuck

Old August 2nd 08, 02:55 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tony Miller[_2_]

On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 17:34:40 -0400, Fred wrote:
Chuck;

There is a selection pass switch on the left side of the titlestrip
glass, inside the machine. Make sure it is in the no position. Check
the -13 and -27 VDC voltages on the test points on the side of the
DCC. As to the selection playing indicator never displaying 100s,
this is normal until a 100 selection record is played. The indicator
is only accurate when an actual record is playing. For more info,
check my website:

http://home.pacbell.net/fmillera/index.htm

Cheers,

Tony Miller

Old August 3rd 08, 04:06 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Fred[_2_]

Thanks for the info.

I can't find the selection pass switch. My service manual shows one on the
left side but my STD160 does not have one. I found a 6-pin connecter with
four wires. This connector has black tape covering it. Was this a service
mod? The juke did work without the switch before because I did not remove
the switch.

Old August 3rd 08, 04:41 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Fred[_2_]

I also show a lid interlock switch in my manual. I can not locate this
switch anywhere in the jukebox. Could someone help me locate this switch?

TIA

[...]

need help with coupler for Seeburg STD160 Barnhart Pinball Juke Boxes 1 January 27th 08 12:36 AM
Seeburg STD160 help Ken G. Juke Boxes 4 January 18th 08 06:30 PM
Need Help with a Seeburg STD160 Bowlfull Salad Juke Boxes 0 November 23rd 07 12:56 AM
looking for colored plastic on STD160 Seeburg Barnhart Pinball Juke Boxes 0 June 13th 06 04:08 AM
Seeburg STD160 tech help Barnhart Pinball Juke Boxes 4 January 5th 06 04:46 AM