Maximum cards or Maxi cards

Old July 2nd 03, 06:40 PM
Joe

Default Maximum cards or Maxi cards

Can some one help me understand what is required for a maximum card or
maxicard if you prefer.

I am from Mauritius, and recently the Mauritius postoffice has issued
a set of 4 stamps on Trochettia flowers. It also issued a 1st day
cover with the full set as usual, but it has also for the first time
issued a set of postcards with the exact same design as on the stamps
on the postcards.
1 postcard for each stamp design. Not only the flowers designs are on
the postcards but also the outline of the stamp printed on the
postcard, but the face value of the stamps are not printed on the
postcards. all the postcards are glossy.

From what I know( I know little) about maximum cards, one must have
exactly the same design/photo on the stamp as well as on the postcard
& the stamp must be cancelled by the postoffice.

What I am not sure is:
1)Whether the ink of the postmark will stay on the postcard as the
postcards are glossy, they might esily go away, simply by rubbing.
2)Whether it is necessary that the maximum card to have gone through
the postoffice like a normal postcard that is sent to some one by
post.
3)Or whether a it can be cancelled on order like a CTO.
And if it is done like a CTO will it be worth much less, or whether
generally collectors accept it or not.
4)There are 4 types of postoffice cancels that are used in Mauritius.
i)The normal cancels used for cancellins letters & packets
ii)The FDC cancels that are used only on FDCs
iii)The Postoffice Museum cancel that is used only when items are
postted using the service of the Postal Museum.
iv)The Philatelic Service cancel that is used at the Philatelic
Bureau.
Whenever collectors ask a postman to have some stamps cancelled they
sent to the Philatelic bureau where it can be done,They then use the
special Philatelic bureau cancel on any item a collector want to be
cancelled.
I am not sure whether the Philatelic bureau`s cancel is also used to
postletters abroad or not.

Which of the cancels above mentioned would be acceptable for a maximum
card?
does maxumum cards contain a message on the back as a normal postcard
sent to someone?
Or does it normally not contain any messages?
Please let me know more info about maxumum cards.
How much is worth a maximum card with a single stamp?

Is it worth 2-3 times or more than the normal used stamp singly , that
is off cover?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Joe
Old July 2nd 03, 11:38 PM