Boycott the new gold dollar coins

Old November 25th 07, 01:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.politics.republicans,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,us.politics,alt.politics.homosexuality
•R. L. MEASURES

Default Boycott the new gold dollar coins

In article , "Alabama
Pete" wrote:

Do not accept the new gold dollar coins in change. Why? You guessed it
'IN GOD WE TRUST' IS GONE!!!

If ever there was a reason to boycott something, THIS IS
IT!!!!

• A better reason is that diameter is so close to that of a quarter, one
needs to carry a precision machinist's scale of a micrometer to make sure
which is which. Talk about the shrinking dollar.

--
Rich Measures, 386-3734, www.somis.org
Old November 25th 07, 03:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins, alt.politics.republicans,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic, us.politics, alt.politics.homosexuality
Anlatt the Builder

HIS LAW WILL RAIN!!!

Delicious!

There is no law of God to be found in the Bible or any mainstream
religion that says God should be mentioned on our money. Personally I
think that linking God to currency (of any country) is an insult to
God.

Old November 25th 07, 03:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.politics.republicans,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,us.politics,alt.politics.homosexuality
Defendario

Anlatt the Builder wrote:
HIS LAW WILL RAIN!!!

Delicious!

There is no law of God to be found in the Bible or any mainstream
religion that says God should be mentioned on our money. Personally I
think that linking God to currency (of any country) is an insult to
God.

You're right, of course. "In God we Trust, all others pay cash" is a
bad joke, nearly blasphemous.
Old November 25th 07, 09:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.politics.republicans,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,us.politics,alt.politics.homosexuality
•R. L. MEASURES

In article , Defendario
wrote:

Anlatt the Builder wrote:
HIS LAW WILL RAIN!!!

Delicious!

There is no law of God to be found in the Bible or any mainstream
religion that says God should be mentioned on our money. Personally I
think that linking God to currency (of any country) is an insult to
God.

You're right, of course. "In God we Trust, all others pay cash" is a
bad joke, nearly blasphemous.

• chortle

--
Rich Measures, 386-3734, www.somis.org
Old November 25th 07, 10:31 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.politics.republicans,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.politics.homosexuality
PatriotSinger

Maybe other American's do'nt see things as I do, but here is what I feel
seperates true American's from liberal's. True American's still believe in
the existence of a living God and want Him praised and given His Special
Status as OUR Father on our country's coins. . They still believe our nation
was founded on Christian principles and American's should do every precept
of out lives in His holy name. We believe that abortion is murder and that
homosexuality is not an acceptable alernative lifestyle, but an abomination
to be punished by DEATH because God's word say's so. He never changes. I
guess you could say that would make him conservative. He is liberal only in
His blessings, not His thinking. We conservatives still believe that He
created the world and everything else and that our kid's should be taught
that. We believe that the Surpreme Court has greatly overstepped it's
bound's and that it has become tirryannicall. It or any other government
entity has no right to take prayer out of school, the ten commandments out
of public view, the words "In GOD we Trust" out of our coins, or make the
Boy Scott's except perversion. We Christain's have the right to uphold His
name anywhere and anytime we choose BECAUSE WE ARE THE MAJORITY AND THE
MAJORITY RULES!!!!!. That is what the colonization of America was all about.
That is what our founding fathers had in mind re. the 2nd. amendment. They
only provided that congress could not FORCE any particular religion on any
American and did not provide any room for government interference with
religion. Do liberal's really believe that George Washington or Thomas
Jefferson would of taken In God We Tust off our coins or UNDER GOD off the
plege of allegiance.? OR--would of stood still and allowed the removal of
the 10 commandments from a federal courthouse or any other venue? If they
think so, their thinking is flawed because our early leaders relied on God
for strength and dared not offend Him. It's not about health care or the
economy though these things are very important to us all. To me, the bottom
line is where we stand as a nation in the eyes of the One who created it. If
you're offended by references to the Almighty, then please, go to a country
where they don't care about Him, but let America be what God intended it to
be-IN GOD WE TRUST!!!!

Old November 25th 07, 11:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins, alt.politics.republicans,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic, alt.atheism, alt.politics.homosexuality
Electric Elvis

On Nov 25, 5:31 am, "PatriotSinger" wrote:
[...]

This is a parody, right? The ridiculous misspellings
("tirryannicall"), the amusing misspellings ("Christain"), the
excessive capitalization ("FORCE", "OR", etc), the plain old
misconceptions about the United States and the Constitution ("We
Christain's have the right to uphold His name anywhere and anytime we
choose BECAUSE WE ARE THE MAJORITY AND THE MAJORITY RULES!!!!!"), and
the over-the-top uber-Christian rantings ("homosexuality is not an
acceptable alernative lifestyle, but an abomination to be punished by
DEATH because God's word say's so") give it away, if you ask me.

blissful ignorance
Nobody really thinks this way, right?
/blissful ignorance
Old November 25th 07, 11:23 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.politics.republicans,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.politics.homosexuality
Scruffy McScruffovitch

"PatriotSinger" wrote in message
Maybe other American's do'nt see things as I do, but here is what I feel
seperates true American's from liberal's. True American's still believe in
the existence of a living God and want Him praised and given His Special
Status as OUR Father on our country's coins. .

I'm a true American, and true Americans believe in freedom of religion for
ALL people. True Americans believe that the goverment has no right to
force religion IN ANY FORM upon it's citizens.

Theocrats and fascists (the two terms are historically interchangeable) such
as yourself are not, and never have been, true Americans.

Old November 25th 07, 04:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.politics.republicans,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,us.politics,alt.politics.homosexuality
A.E. Gelat

The word "eluded" is wrongly used in this context, "it's" is misspelled, and
your grammar is bad.

Tony

"Starkiller©" wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 15:17:32 -0500, "zeek"
wrote:

Ignorance like this ****es me off!

Russ and Donna
Orlando

As I eluded to in a previous post, I don't think that God would really
want to see "it's" name on money. Seems to go against a lot of what
the Bible says about such things.

And in the hundred and forty or so years since the nations "motto" has
been placed on money the government has yet to establish a state
religion. It would seem that if the seperation of church and state
were truly threatened by such a thing then it would surely have
happened by now.

Just as we have dead presidents and other symbols on currency, so it
is with the words "In God We Trust". That phrase along with "E
Pluribus Unum" have become synonymous with US currency.
E pluribus unum pretty much don't mean **** these days but it's still
on money.
Both phrases are still on the money so I don't get what the previous
poster is so ill about. It's been there since the 1860s so I don't
see what all the atheists are so ****ed about all the sudden.
Guess some folks just like to bitch.

"Alabama Pete" wrote in message
. net...
Do not accept the new gold dollar coins in change. Why? You guessed it
'IN GOD WE TRUST' IS GONE!!!
If ever there was a reason to boycott something, THIS IS
IT!!!!

Together we can force them out of circulation.

Please send this to everyone you know!!!

GOD WILL NOT BE MOCKED!!! HIS WILL AND HIS LAW WILL RAIN!!!

Since prayer is taken out of schools, since carpol punishment is
disallowed at home and
school, since all manner of preverted sexual conduct including COMDOMS
and HOMOSEXUALITY
is taught in schools, since so many false church's teaches it's
members to surender to the goverment
and since this nation decieves it's citizen's to the tune of 9/11, why
should such nation even bother
to promote OUR HEAVENLY FATHER on it's coins.

Regards

Starkiller©

"Eta Kooram Nah Smech!"

Old November 25th 07, 04:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.politics.republicans,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.politics.homosexuality
A.E. Gelat

Your spelling is atrocious, and your last sentence is stupid: people have to
the right to disagree without being told to leave the country.

Tony

Old November 25th 07, 04:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.politics.republicans,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.politics.homosexuality
A.E. Gelat

Since when are fascists and theocrats interchangeable? You labeled the
poster as not being a "true American". Can you define what a true American
is?

Tony

et...