Ebay question

Old August 18th 05, 02:25 AM
line123

Default Ebay question

I sold some Irish pounds on Ebay a few days ago. Got comments and help here.
I had a total of 5 auctions, won by 4 individuals - 2 Brits, 2 Yanks. Brits
paid within litterally hours of auction end. Still waiting for the
Americans, 5 days after the auction. All Paypal.

What's a reasonable/normal time to wait for payment on Ebay - I did not
specify a limit (another lesson learned)?

Old August 18th 05, 05:38 AM
Scott Stevenson

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 01:25:58 GMT, "line123"
wrote:

I sold some Irish pounds on Ebay a few days ago. Got comments and help here.
I had a total of 5 auctions, won by 4 individuals - 2 Brits, 2 Yanks. Brits
paid within litterally hours of auction end. Still waiting for the
Americans, 5 days after the auction. All Paypal.

What's a reasonable/normal time to wait for payment on Ebay - I did not
specify a limit (another lesson learned)?

I'd shoot 'em an e-mail now. They could have forgotten, lost the
e-mail, etc. They could also be on vacation (although the times I
thought I might be out of town when the auction ended, I'd e-mail the
seller before bidding, to see if it was a problem)

take care,
Scott

Old August 18th 05, 07:22 AM
Scottishmoney

"line123" wrote in message
I sold some Irish pounds on Ebay a few days ago. Got comments and help
here. I had a total of 5 auctions, won by 4 individuals - 2 Brits, 2 Yanks.
Brits paid within litterally hours of auction end. Still waiting for the
Americans, 5 days after the auction. All Paypal.

What's a reasonable/normal time to wait for payment on Ebay - I did not
specify a limit (another lesson learned)?

I have had one foreign bidder not ante up in 8 yrs of selling on eBay, but I
have had more Americans not ante up payment. I sell a lot less to Americans
also, most of my stuff goes to Europe.

I would contact them let them know you have not heard from them, and will
file an a final auction value refund if you have not heard from them. Also
note that their feedback is in question.

Old August 18th 05, 07:25 AM
LM5403

"Scottishmoney" wrote in message

"line123" wrote in message
> [...]

snip
file an a final auction value refund if you have not heard from them.
Also note that their feedback is in question.

I wouldn't mention feedback in that manner. epay, in their standard
overbearing and god-like attitude, might call that feedback extortion if the
bidder complains.

Old August 18th 05, 11:42 AM
Scottishmoney

. ..

"line123" wrote in message

snip
file an a final auction value refund if you have not heard from them.
Also note that their feedback is in question.

I wouldn't mention feedback in that manner. epay, in their standard
overbearing and god-like attitude, might call that feedback extortion if
the bidder complains.

I do mention that feedbag is contingent on your payment performance in my
auction terms.

Old August 19th 05, 11:12 PM
linxlvr

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 01:25:58 +0000, line123 wrote:

I sold some Irish pounds on Ebay a few days ago. Got comments and help here.
I had a total of 5 auctions, won by 4 individuals - 2 Brits, 2 Yanks. Brits
paid within litterally hours of auction end. Still waiting for the
Americans, 5 days after the auction. All Paypal.

What's a reasonable/normal time to wait for payment on Ebay - I did not
specify a limit (another lesson learned)?

IMHO;

I'd send an email at 5 days, questioning them nicely, one at 10 days
questioning them harshly and explaining to them they will HAVE to be
listed as a NPB for you to get your auction corrected w/ ebay, and in 15
days I would do it. (Total of 15 days, not 30)

I had one jerk that kept telling me he was sending payment, had sent
payment, etc... I finally slit him, and I'd do the same again. Had another
clown take payment back from paypal when they got item, tried saying he
never got it... I add insurance for free on all the items I send out so I
sent him the Postal forms to fill out. All of a sudden, oh the coin is
here, what do you now, oh so sorry, here is your money. :-)
Would have ALMOST believed the guy but apparently he did the same thing to
a bunch of us, and one of them was an NY lawyer... Heh heh, I loved it!

--
dw