Sue....

Old March 27th 08, 09:16 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
stricklercelebs

Default Sue....

Sue...these signatures were obtained in the early 80's....look again

http://pages.stricklersports.com/898...922662378.html

http://pages.stricklersports.com/898...923240213.html

I have a lot of inventory from the 70's and 80's and signatures have
changed. As well, many of these were done privately.
Old March 27th 08, 09:39 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Official Pix wants 450 for a sig.. insanity...even if I could afford
it, I'd not do it.

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:58:08 -0700 (PDT), barefoot
wrote:

i wasn't saying that people make their money by selling (or forging
autographs) i meant more that there are a number of CELEBRITIES earing
their living doing various shows and the like. and those people
DEFINATELY have an interest in someone selling forged autographs for
far below the value that they sell it for. so i'm sure that many of
them have websites as well and you can contact them and ask if an
autograph looks like the one that they themselves sign.

and i have to say, other than the accusatory way this thread has
started (and keeps going) it's interesting for me to start inquiring
at other places to see if stuff is legit and see if other people are
willing to do the same...

and yes, i do agree with your above post, the mayhew is the CLOSEST to
an actual signature on that item...all the other one are FAR OFF from
what a real autograph should look like, even in extreme
circumstances.
i also see that official pix is taking orders for harrison ford as we
speak. and i'm sure NONE of those will look like the several items
that strickler has on his site.

Old March 27th 08, 10:12 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

That four signed was done in the 70's or 80's? Look again... take all
of them side by side. NOTHING alike at all. Look even at the F in
Fisher...and espcially Mark's sig on that 4 signed one. HORRIBLE in
any decade.

I am on my way out the door now. you got them signing that on a
photo? The photo is one that's been around I think that long but
sheesh...

Old March 28th 08, 12:10 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

this item is not mine...it's strickler's..i don't know what kind of
defense he has on these items...everyone has excuses...

mike

Old March 28th 08, 12:11 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

these items are not real...and i'm sure that if mayhew says it's not
real, it's not real...i guess strickler can send hidden messages on
these...but this is not a legit item.

Old March 28th 08, 12:30 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

is it really $450? wow...that's insane...but i think harrison is
charging a lot for his charity (like i said, he's not really
interested, nor does he need the money)...

you should see the high costs going down for this stuff these days...
i saw a tom brady signing for about $600 a signature, $549 for your 8
x 10 (so technically, they are charging $50 for a photo as
well)...i'll pop the link for this in a new post later on...that's
also an interesting topic.
mike

Old March 28th 08, 02:11 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

My hubby wanted to get me a Tom Brady sig for Xmas but couldn't afford
it. I could buy a pair of diamond earrings for that price! Hmmm; sig
or jewelry...

Old March 28th 08, 02:17 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

I know it was not yours. He showed his drawings from the 70's-80's
and then the four signed one. The drawings looked ok but the four
signed one didn't. People can click the two links. The 70-s-80's
drawings and the other from the same error don't look to me like the
sigs have changed through the years as the drawings are quite like
now...

I can't say with 100% certainty that that is a forgery (the 4 signed)
but I certainly would not bid/buy it if I were purusing the net for
something to buy. So between that and the Harry Potter poster
before... I have to now wonder.

Maybe sports dealers should stick with sports and people should
specialize. And quite possible that if you are getting things from
your other dealer friends, there needs to be a little more
verification and questioning instead of taking them at their word.

As for the sports items, I am out of that. I know NOTHING. And I am
glad my hubby didn't attempt to hard to get me that Brady sig... I
would be awfully upset if I ended up with NOT the real deal.

Old March 30th 08, 10:17 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

see what i mean though...this post will disappear...
but people need to know that all strickler sells is FORGERIES...stay
away from strickler's sports!

Old March 31st 08, 12:40 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Time to let it be Mike; it's gone on long enough. People should judge
for themselves before buying anything from anyone including you and I.
Period.