Sue....

Old March 26th 08, 12:57 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Scorpio741

Default Sue....

Wow.. wish I got back in here a day or two earlier to jump in on some
of this. As this certainly seems on going.

Raeding back through more of the more recent posts. Someone had
mentioned (something like) why become a UACC member. Some folks.. and
those who I have talked to at conventions have said.. they want to
sell some autographs they have on E-Bay. Of course I go through me "Oh
Lord.. E-Bay..." speach. But they tell me they want to be a UACC
member just for the name. And recognition.

I have also talked to a couple of dealers in the past about issues
over the phone.. and they had said if it wasn't for just having the
UACC name behind them.. they would drop out. There is good and bad in
every organization. There's always going to be name calling, acusing
of wrong doings. Usuall politics.

Quickly, as I know this has long passed now.. Becoming a UACC RD is
quite tougher. Very much so. In the beginning anyone could be a UACC
RD if they paid for it. Very leaniant guidelines. I attened a UACC
board meeting in NJ a few years back now.. And the talks were about
making it MUCH harder to be a UACC RD and making it that more special.
As well as having a cap, and then a waiting list if you wanted to be
in it. I will not go through all the guidelines here as I am sure it
is up on the UACC site.

Now the on going battle... And I am sooooo nuetral in this as I do not
even know Strickler Sports. But I am curious as to what proff Mike
(Barefoot) is looking for? Mike you I know.. and I know you are out
there on the streets and you see the signatures. But to me here it
seems like you are banging your head against a wall.

i.e. Strickler says he got "said" photo in person from "said source"
say...8-9 months ago. At this point it seems like a "he said / she
said" battle. What extra proof would put it over the top for you?
Sure, he could get a guy to say.. "yeah.. I'm the guy who got it in
person." Now the battle goes over to the new guy. Prove it.

The post is making an intersting read for me.. and for those who may
want to slap me :-D I hope I am reading and have read enough to make a
somewhat intellengent post here. I am just not sure what end result or
where Mike will end up happy in this.

Well.. in the immortal words of Stan Lee

'nuff said

Ed Bedrick
Member of the U.A.C.C.
U.A.C.C. Registered Dealer #049
Former U.A.C.C. Regional Director (Region #1)
http://www.edbedrickautographs.com
Old March 26th 08, 04:48 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

strickler, you aren't getting advice from anyone...or else you would
stop...you keep going on because you are interested...and it's
damaging your your fragile reputation...

as for what scorpio said...
i ask you to just look at the above mentioned posts (i know you'll
have to go back through all the crud, but you'll find it...where i
posted matt damons from several really good sources (and someone else
came on here and showed more and said that strickler's damons were
crap!) and then i posted stricklers that wasn't remotely in the
ballpark. i also posted a really good clint eastwood from another good
dealer, and strickler's (again, wasn't even remotely close)...
i also posted his star wars items that have natalie portman and noted
that it's almost common knowledge that she doesn't sign star wars
stuff (and that she really doesn't sign at all)...and finally
(actually the first piece of proof) where i showed that he had 3
different celebrity autographs who started with an A and how, on
strickler's site, they were all the same- even though it's supposed to
be 3 different people...it's all pretty simple...like i said, i can go
further...but i am trying to not post saying "this doesn't look like
any of my autographs" type argument and give in to the other
dealers...strickler hasn't even come back with anything on that...
i have even went so far as to just say that strickler needs to test
his sources. and re test. that he's trusting people who are screwing
him over. so it is what it is, but i bet i can damage absolutely
everything he has...and i can prove it...i even offered to put my
money where my mouth is.
mike

Old March 26th 08, 06:26 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Max

"Scorpio741" wrote in message
[...]

Hi Ed,

I notice you didnt visit the eBay autograph collectors group again! ;-)

All the best Mate

Max

Old March 27th 08, 10:37 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Scorpio741

On Mar 26, 2:26�pm, "Max" wrote:
[...]

Max- Hide quoted text -

Hey Max,

I am actually surprised I am back in here.. I will visit the group now
that I have a bit more time. I did a show a couple of weekends ago
(right before Easter) and the prior 2 weeks before that.. I am going
crazy just preparing for hte show and getting all the stuff I want to
take with me to the show.

I have stuff all over here in my office (not very organized) and
envelopes of stuff that I don'
t even get around to opening that I have to go through. Never mind
just my stuff. PLus my auctions.. bottom line.. I'm a mess for at
least 2.5 week with upcoming shoes :-D

I will pop pback in... definilty..

Eddy
Old March 27th 08, 02:20 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

You are right and good suggestion. After a while, it's so old and
stale your eyes start glossing over and rolling in your head and you
sigh... and you just can't take it and finally it just is ignored
because if you don't, it'll just keep on keepin' on with never a
resolution.

Sometimes, it feels like no matter how wrong, there'll never be a
party to back down.

At this point all it's done for me is make me not trust either.

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 07:57:39 -0500, "medieval"
wrote:

You know, the most interesting thing about this entire situation is "why do
I need to prove anything to barefoot?".

Like I stated, I am in an unique position when acquiring and any serious
dealer would understand what I'm getting at. I had come on these boards
originally to discusss the hobby....see where it has gotten me. Frankly,
I've had several dealers who have read these threads over the many months
and have advised to me to just stop posting and ignore barefoot because of
his bad reputation.

I think I'm going to heed that advice. This merry-go-round is going
nowhere.

Old March 27th 08, 05:58 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

today i was told by peter mayhew's wife and son in low that this item
is not really signed by peter...they are considering making a "dark
side" section to their website like anthony daniels and told me they
are glad that i brought this to their attention.
maybe you can shed some light on your views sue, you've seen enough
mayhew autographs (so have i, but like i said, i'm trying to avoid the
"it doesn't look like mine" argument.)..

have a look at the link. it's also from stricklers...

http://pages.stricklersports.com/898...923240213.html

mike
Old March 27th 08, 06:20 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

I would love to see Peter do an area on his site like Anthony Daniels
has. I will email him later to tell him it's a great idea. yes,
something is definately amiss with the signatures (plural) on that
photo; on that you have my consensus. Peter's actually looks the
beest on there followed by Carrie but they are all a bit odd aren't
they? The Hamill and Ford are horrible I'll say. i'd not buy it.
And if by chance we are all wrong about this not looking good and it
IS good, I still would never buy it. There's a such thing as legit
sigs run amuck... not legible and worth the money and for 349.00 this
isn't worth 1/4 of the money.

Sorry Strickler; it pains me so very much to agree with Barefoot. You
know I can't do it... but that's horrible and if Peter says his sig is
bad too (that would be the one I'd be on the fence about the most),
then it's a bad thing and I hope you don't continue to sell it.

Old March 27th 08, 06:35 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

anthony michael hall's people are on the fence about the one i pointed
out too (but they can't say specifically as it's REALLY close, but i
was told the slant in the a is unacceptable)..
trust me, i wouldn't call out a forger unless i was 100% certain.

there are many places on the internet where you can locate certain
people like this..especially if this is how they make their money to
pay mortgage, health insurance etc. someone like mayhew, his livlihood
depends on this stuff (and i also understand this makes for a conflict
of interest.).
mike

Old March 27th 08, 06:44 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

while it is true people want to make a living at forging or selling
stuff they have no clue may be forged, it's wrong to do so. to out
them may be taking money out of their kids mouths, but why not get a
LEGITIMATE job instead of selling your soul?

In addition, they are ripping hardworking people off. My husband
makes good money. aBout 35.00 an hour which I guess is decent. Even
that autograph would take him more than a day to earn. Imagine
someone who makes that amount in a WEEK which is realistically what a
lot of people are actually taking home. That graph was nearly 400
dollars. That's a rent payment for someone.... or groceries for a
month (for me, it'a almost groceries for a month). That's a LOT of
money to get ripped off on!

PS I already emailed Peter. I've spoken with him a long time ago and
he probably doesn't know me from Adam, but he is probably aware of my
site (he emailed me before about it I believe and I got a Christmas
card from him so...I hope he takes the suggestion; it would be good
for him and the fans).

Old March 27th 08, 07:58 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

i wasn't saying that people make their money by selling (or forging
autographs) i meant more that there are a number of CELEBRITIES earing
their living doing various shows and the like. and those people
DEFINATELY have an interest in someone selling forged autographs for
far below the value that they sell it for. so i'm sure that many of
them have websites as well and you can contact them and ask if an
autograph looks like the one that they themselves sign.

and i have to say, other than the accusatory way this thread has
started (and keeps going) it's interesting for me to start inquiring
at other places to see if stuff is legit and see if other people are
willing to do the same...

and yes, i do agree with your above post, the mayhew is the CLOSEST to
an actual signature on that item...all the other one are FAR OFF from
what a real autograph should look like, even in extreme
circumstances.
i also see that official pix is taking orders for harrison ford as we
speak. and i'm sure NONE of those will look like the several items
that strickler has on his site.