Sue....

Old March 23rd 08, 08:51 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Gummby3

Default Sue....

I will admit that it is POSSIBLE that signatures with similar A's,
or whatever letter, very much could be forged. In this case, if you
read the messages, Strickler has already stated where he got the
autographs of your three damning "evidence". Unless you can prove
otherwise, other legit examples of their signatures maybe, then I
would have to take his word, just as we take your word on how you
get your autographs.

Regarding Anthony Michael Hall, you are off base here. Here is the
link to my IP of Hall. Unless somebody slipped in between the two
sides of the table we were at, and magically forged his signature,
Hall does sign with that A. This dissolves your proof, at least in
Hall's case.

http://www.star-collector.net/celebp...ichaelhall.htm

Here's a close up:

http://www.star-collector.net/autosi...aelhallsig.htm

Secondly, you can't base a certain style of signing at a certain
point in life as a set in cement template, especially with
celebrities, the most fickle breed of humans on the planet. Look at
Elvis' signature. From early examples in Memphis to the time he
died, his signature had several variations. By his end, it had
become really dynamic compared to the simple signature he started
with. Just because Bloom has been signing OB for the last couple of
years, it doesn't mean that he won't alter the signature again and
again after that. What you're using as an example is a rushed
assembly line red carpet signature. With his popularity, at the
time, he had to shorten the signature out of necessity. He wanted
to try and get as many of the fans signed as he could in the
shortest amount of time. If he stood there and signed out his name
for every hand there, the event would be half over. Are you saying
that he signs his checks or contracts OB? I really don't think so.
:-) You can't, in all certainty, say that he NEVER signs his full
name. What if he's in a relaxed situation with no horde of "gimmie"
hands in his face? He might well sign his name. It seems, from
what I've read, the only time that you get/see his autograph is via
assembly line events.

--

Mike
Gummby3

"barefoot" wrote in message
i will if you insist...
but here's what i'm pointing out...
1) 3 different people with the A on the same slant, at about the
same
size.
2) all 3 of them have that little loop when the a moves on into
the
second letter at precisely the same spot and also at the same
size...

it's pretty obvious that these are all the same handwriting...

then, look at the other stuff i said...about how just about
everyone
knows that orlando bloom hasn't signed a full name signature since
lotr 2, but magically this guy has a full name on a POTC
photo...just
not possible.
i can't remember the others...but i'm sure i'll find more QUICKLY.
mike

Old March 23rd 08, 09:07 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 15:51:45 -0500, "Gummby3"
wrote:

[...]

Agreed on Bloom; we just don't know and some crossover full names some
swear they got in person or whatever. But yes, he did go to shortened
too and mostly does that. So both are correct. When you are hit with
someone who is a potential forger, there are many things to consider
along WITH the possiblity the signatures are off. When doing the
Xlist, I never just consider that. I look at past ID's, other
complaints, feedback, sometimes I just email to ask about items and
engage in conversation which leads to someone caught up in their own
lies, sometimes I look at time periods (the old the ball or poster was
made after the person died or they signed with a sharpie before it was
invented? type of things). There are many ways to skin a cat as they
say.

I will say this though; sometimes people are so into money they lose
site of their own souls. I have heard that many items some say are
fake to some are still being sold... if this is the case, that is
where the line is drawn. If you're a dealer and someone complains,
you should ethically remove said items from auction till you can
provide proof. Unless you know because you got it in person and the
person complaining is crazy, you should treat it like any other
business would and NOT sell it. But not all of us are ethical I
guess. So when you meet someone like that, it's best to just pass on
the info not to buy from them. Instead of accusing, that's your best
revenge..
Old March 23rd 08, 09:34 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

you're right...and i could be taking this all the wrong way...but
people have been telling him for years to question his
source...including myself...i didn't go into a public forum at first.
but he's threatened me with violence and the like, so i'm perfectly
willing to go ahead and ramsack his name (it's not good anyway)...
and he makes claims that ebay uses him to see if stuff is good
etc...which just isn't the case.

and sue, if you would...check out just HOW MANY natalie portman signed
star wars items he has on his site...if you can agree about the bloom
(albeit not 100%, i understand) i'm certain that you've heard that she
doesn't sign star wars items at all (if she even signs at all)..but he
has more than 5...it's that simple...

my point about the benning,hall,hathaway thing...
just look closely to the A in the begining of each name...and simple
person who has watched people sign anything (notecards, pieces of
paper, checks etc.) and you can really start to tell that these are
all the same (size, shape etc) and they all loop into the next letter
exactly the same way (not even kind of, but exactly)... it's a real
simple read...

maybe i shouldn't put myself as the end all, be all of spotting this
kind of stuff..but it doesn't take an adept mind to see that these are
the same. maybe he is close to being the same as the other guy's
anthony michael hall (and i'm waiting word from anthony himself as he
makes a living selling his autograph- i'm sure he's interested in
this.)

i'll tell you what...and i'll offer this to strickler...i'll put my
money where my mouth is...as per usual..
let me pick out 100 of his items and have him send them to the
authentication houses (GAI, PSA, James Spence) and if an ANY ONE of
them comes back as real, i'll buy them all and pay the charges...but
if they all come back as bogus, he has to close up shop FOREVER...it's
a substantial loss for me too as it would be well over $2000 out of my
pocket...what could he possibly lose? but i truly don't see one item
on his site that i would even possibly think is real. and even though
the authentication houses are suspect on many occassions, they can't
get them all wrong. these are the only companies that ebay accepts..so
they HAVE TO be the only ones we can accept at this time..but i would
invite him to use all 3, not just one or the other.

i am doing due diligence and looking for other sources to compare his
autographs to others. i posted the clint eastwoods and the matt
damons, from 90+% reliable sources. i'll do more if anyone thinks it's
necessary...and i can provide timelines etc. i have a lot of this
stuff in my personal collection too (but i also know that by just
saying that they are MY personal items, doesn't really amount to a
hill of beans) but i can show that my stuff looks like their stuff and
that his stuff doesn't look like anyone elses...

i'm really not trying to be the judge and jury...but the education
level of buyers still isn't up to par..and people are getting
burned..but this and other sellers...and i think strickler is getting
burned, he just wants so badly to trust his sources.

Old March 23rd 08, 09:56 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Max

4) link from strickler's- damon
http://pages.stricklersports.com/898...923230318.html

That looks horrible

I have a few

What do you think to these then. Yes I know where they came from Dealerwise
and trust the source 100%

http://www.mgmemorabilia.co.uk/advan...rds=matt+damon

Old March 23rd 08, 10:35 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

http://www.mgmemorabilia.co.uk/damon...aph-p-441.html
http://www.mgmemorabilia.co.uk/damon...aph-p-831.html
http://www.mgmemorabilia.co.uk/voigh...ph-p-1184.html
http://www.mgmemorabilia.co.uk/damon...aph-p-832.html

find no fault in ANY of this...all looks good...the other stuff on the
page sent looks excellent as well...
1 problem though...
http://www.mgmemorabilia.co.uk/cast-...ph-p-1406.html

it's not that it's a forgery..it's misrepresented. this photo is
signed by matt damon and ANDY GARCIA- not brad pitt like it's
represented.

other stuff this seller is selling looks good too..
i'm not going to go through the entire site...
but this depp looks great as well..
http://www.mgmemorabilia.co.uk/depp-...aph-p-270.html

some of the other stuff looks great as well...this looks like a good
seller...
but this further goes into my point...if so many people have damons
that look like these (and the ones i've shown) why does strickler's
looks SO FAR DIFFERENT?? because it's not real.

and he even said that why does his look like the other stuff on the
net...didn't he even ask "does that mean i've forged every one out
there for sale?" or something to that effect?

IT DOESN'T...his are the only ones that look screwey!

Old March 23rd 08, 10:54 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Oh I will. Portman is a tough signature though. Like Ford, they got
good at forging her sig. In a way, it's easy to do hers I'd think
because it's so common looking and careful. I do have some charity
sig examples on my site to check against... and i know lately she's
loosened up on signing but still no SW stuff. Her and Neeson are not
good about SW stuff. Neeson has signed some though not too long ago.

If you are selling good stuff (only you really know) and he's selling
bad stuff in your opininion, I can see why mad. But I also see two
dealers slamming each other (sometimes that happens when one is
fearing competition). So you gotta understand where people on this
board are coming from....

I think you have a point; the education of buyers is not up to par.
On that you are right; the reason? Laziness! But to me, money is
more important and my reputation than being lazy. then again, I have
a two lazy ass kids who wait to the last minute for everything. My
son today just called for help filing his taxes and didn't have all
his W2's. He was too lazy to call for it. Turns out he never sent
them a change of address and it'll be at least a week or two before he
gets it now... and tax time draws very near. What are you gonna do?
you can preach all day long and end up not accomplishing a damned
thing. I feel like that lots.

Old March 23rd 08, 11:26 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
medieval

http://www.whatsitworthtoyou.com/ind...w&userID=14972

http://www.whatsitworthtoyou.com/ind...theexpert.main

-We are proud members of the Universal Autograph Collectors Club (UACC) &
The Manuscript Society and hold ourselves to their strict code of ethics.
-American Philatelic Society
-Autograph appraiser at Whatsitworthtoyou.com strategic partner with
eBay.com & eBay.ca
-Antiques and Collectibles National Dealers Association
-Maryland Historical Society
-Association of Online Appraisers

Whatsitworthtoyou.com is proud to be the online appraisers of choice for
eBay.com and eBay.ca

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutcollecting.com/g...ng.autographs/
More information at http://www.talkaboutcollecting.com/faq.html

Old March 24th 08, 12:23 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

well, then they should fire you too...
and i don't see where ebay uses you...

just because you are a registered dealer with uacc means NOTHING...
i bet if i actually send your stuff to autograph world, you won't be a
registered dealer for long (isn't he still on the board over there?)

keep touting all your sources of companies that no one has ever hard
of EVER...please...it actually detracts from your argument...

i think we've (other people on this board) have pretty much been
nailing you on the head with your stuff...but you keep plugging
away...that grave is getting deeper!

Old March 24th 08, 12:25 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

yes sue, neeson signed SOME star wars stuff at the new york premiere
of the last star wars movie...haven't heard of him doing that
since...he's since backed away from all bat man items and may have
stopped with his non star wars stance...

but portman hasn't...she still insists that star wars is something
special and continues to not sign that stuff (she really doesn't sign
at all, but she has been willing in the past- but star wars is a
definate NO) and this guy has 5 or more.

and like i said, it's funny how his stuff doesn't compare to ANY other
dealers or even in person folk who just collect.

Old March 24th 08, 03:05 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sign4Me

I just checked and they are NOT a UACC Registered Dealer, they are just a
paid member of the UACC which everyone and anyone can do.