Mozambique Revisited

Old January 20th 05, 07:49 AM
R. Carvish

Default Mozambique Revisited

About those coins coming up at better prices... Mozambique 1 centimo came
up for 19.95, and the seller has several with a 24.95 BIN price on it.
Looks like that's a good price for this coin, way below catalog. Maybe in
time the other ones issued in 1975 will show up at good prices.

Cheers,
Colleen
Old January 20th 05, 10:25 AM
James Higby

That's an excellent sign that the floodgates have opened, and the seller is
trying to cash in while the catalog is still way high. Likely as not the
four lower denominations will plummet in price as pent-up demand is
satisfied and the coins become common. Look for them to reach equilibrium
at a couple dollars apiece in Unc.

James

Old January 20th 05, 10:19 PM
gogu

Ο "R. Carvish" έγραψε στο μήνυμα

About those coins coming up at better prices... Mozambique 1 centimo came
up for 19.95, and the seller has several with a 24.95 BIN price on it.
Looks like that's a good price for this coin, way below catalog. Maybe in
time the other ones issued in 1975 will show up at good prices.

:-)))
See that I was right Colleen :-)
Go for them now that the price seems OK to you but here is my prevision:
they will
fall even lower !
Nobody was paying the exaggerate prices they were asking and now they are
afraid they'll remain with the coin so they are lowering their prices =
panic.
The time of the other denominations will soon come !

--
E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html
http://www.romclub.4t.com/rabin.html

Cheers,
Colleen

Old January 21st 05, 07:19 AM
R. Carvish

If that ends up happening, I'm still not sure I want to buy it even at
20-25$ for it, would you suggest I hold off for a bit as they are starting
to become common? That same seller has some in his store, he'll sell 8 for
150, or them at 25 each. He has several, he won't likely sell out any time
soon...

Colleen

Old January 21st 05, 11:09 AM
James Higby

As I have said in other posts, when a "rare" item suddenly appears on the
market in multiple examples, it's a good sign that a substantial portion of
the mintage has finally been "released." When that happens the bottom drops
out of the market, and there are many examples of this in numismatics over
the past forty years, even one in U.S. coins, the 1903-O dollar.

How low will they go? At this point it's a poker game. You now have to
weigh that against your patience in acquiring one of these. You and you
alone have to make the call.

James

Old January 22nd 05, 04:10 PM
R. Carvish

Well, with so many available, I'm going to wait it out, at least another
paycheck. I still have my eye on this peacock puzzle which at this point,
I want more badly... the lady selling it has it in a packaged lot, 7
puzzles, 99 cents, 22.00 surface shipping. They're quality puzzles, they
cost 20.00 Cdn minimum for each one.

I used to find coins offered me hours of entertainment... but it's more
difficult with not much money, right now they're showing up, but I'm not
putting them away yet, I'll do that later...

Forthe time being, I'm doing 1 jigsaw puzzle every 2 to 3 days, depending
on it's size. I'm a person of many different hobbies/interests... (the
thread on different sets leads me to believe I definitely suffer from lack
of focus).