Identification

Old December 20th 10, 05:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.heraldry
Gandalf_le_Gris

Default Identification

Hello.

Please. Can you help me ?

I would like to identify this stamp. I don't find it in the Scott Catalog
2009.

What country is it ? Bolivia ? El Salvador ? Nicaragua ? Another country ?

http://cjoint.com/?2muroGbfsi6

Can the coat of arms help to identify the country ?

http://cjoint.com/?2murpTwphag

Is this a postage stamp ? A revenue stamp ? Other ?

Thank you very much.

--
Gandalf_le_Gris

Pour me joindre =
le 1er -nopub n'existe pas
le 2nd est orange

Old December 20th 10, 05:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.heraldry
Turenne

On 20 Dec, 16:22, "Gandalf_le_Gris"
wrote:
Hello.

Please. Can you help me ?

I would like to identify this stamp. I don't find it in the Scott Catalog
2009.

What country is it ? Bolivia ? El Salvador ? Nicaragua ? Another country ?

http://cjoint.com/?2muroGbfsi6

Can the coat of arms help to identify the country ?

http://cjoint.com/?2murpTwphag

Is this a postage stamp ? A revenue stamp ? Other ?

Thank you very much.

--
Gandalf_le_Gris

Pour me joindre =
le 1er -nopub n'existe pas
le 2nd est orange

Costa Rica or Nicaragua (note Phrygian cap)??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Fi...eales_1863.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Co..._1823-1824.PNG

El Salvador

http://www.fotw.net/images/s/sv-seal.gif

Richard L
Old December 20th 10, 05:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.heraldry
Nathaniel Taylor

Default Identification (El Salvador armorial revenue stamp 1904)

In article ,
"Gandalf_le_Gris" wrote:

Hello.

Please. Can you help me ?

I would like to identify this stamp. I don't find it in the Scott Catalog
2009.

What country is it ? Bolivia ? El Salvador ? Nicaragua ? Another country ?

http://cjoint.com/?2muroGbfsi6

Can the coat of arms help to identify the country ?

http://cjoint.com/?2murpTwphag

Is this a postage stamp ? A revenue stamp ? Other ?

Thank you very much.

El Salvador. Googling the stamp's text gets this page:

http://catalogue.klaseboer.com/vol2/html/salva2.htm

which has something that might be a match, from El Salvador (5 c black
on lilac 1904 tariff stamp -- but alas the embedded image is not
viewable online, only on that site's CD-ROM catalogue.

The arms on your tariff stamp are quite close to those engraved on El
Salvador's regular issue postage stamps, at least from 1895. See here
for a nice album page with zoomable individuals:

http://www.seymourfamily.com/Bill's%20Stamp%20Collection/S/Salvador/salva
dor-page010.htm

Nat Taylor
a genealogist's sketchbook:
http://www.nltaylor.net/sketchbook/
Old December 20th 10, 06:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.heraldry
Blair (TC)

On Dec 20, 11:22*am, "Gandalf_le_Gris" francis.humbert-
wrote:
Hello.

Please. Can you help me ?

I would like to identify this stamp. I don't find it in the Scott Catalog
2009.

What country is it ? Bolivia ? El Salvador ? Nicaragua ? Another country ?

http://cjoint.com/?2muroGbfsi6

Can the coat of arms help to identify the country ?

http://cjoint.com/?2murpTwphag

Is this a postage stamp ? A revenue stamp ? Other ?

Thank you very much.

--
Gandalf_le_Gris

Pour me joindre =
le 1er -nopub n'existe pas
le 2nd est orange

El Salvador 1904

This is a Revenue stamp. Scott will not list it.
It pays a tax on the sale of foreign merchandise.

timbre fiscale - pour la vente de marchandises étrangères

In the above design (inscription '1904') there also exists:
1 c black on grey ('Timbre para operaciones y documentos diversos')
1 c black on yellow, 50 c black on yellow ('Timbre para cobro de
premios y de seguros')
5 c black on blue, 25 c black on blue ('Timbre para cancelacion de
contratos')
5 c black on lilac, 1 P green on lilac, 5 P blue on lilac ('Timbre
para venta de mercaderias extranjeras')
5 c black on yellow ('Timbre para venta de aguardiente del pais')

Others may also exist.

Blair

Old December 20th 10, 06:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.heraldry
Nathaniel Taylor

In article ,
Nathaniel Taylor wrote:

The arms on your tariff stamp are quite close to those engraved on El
Salvador's regular issue postage stamps, at least from 1895. See here
for a nice album page with zoomable individuals:

http://www.seymourfamily.com/Bill's%20Stamp%20Collection/S/Salvador/salva
dor-page010.htm

Mind the wrap on that.

Old December 20th 10, 06:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.heraldry
Blair (TC)

The Revenue Stamps of El Salvador

The current standard catalogue for the revenue stamps of El Salvador
was done by Joe Ross several years ago. It was the first catalog by
Mr. Ross and shows the attention to detail that he is known for.

It is well done with many illustrations and excellent descriptions.
Pages are 8.5 x 11 inches of well laid out information, spiral bound
so it will lay flat when you are reading it. 1994 Edition, 53 pages.

Old December 20th 10, 09:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.heraldry
Gandalf_le_Gris

Thanks to you all for your fast informations. They were very useful to me.
Regards.

PS = Sorry for my very bad "english" .....

--
Gandalf_le_Gris

Pour me joindre =
le 1er -nopub n'existe pas
le 2nd est orange

de r...

Old December 20th 10, 09:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.heraldry
Turenne

On 20 Dec, 20:33, "Gandalf_le_Gris"
wrote:
Thanks to you all for your fast informations. They were very useful to me.
Regards.

PS = Sorry for my very bad "english" .....

Il n'y a pas de quoi......

RL
Old December 21st 10, 03:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.heraldry
Gandalf_le_Gris

"Turenne" a écrit dans le message de

Il n'y a pas de quoi......

RL

Je me disais bien que le pseudo "Turenne" faisait vraiment très frenchie et
donc que celui qui l'utilisait devait parler "un peu" français .....

:-))

--
Gandalf_le_Gris

Pour me joindre =
le 1er -nopub n'existe pas
le 2nd est orange

Old December 21st 10, 05:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.heraldry
Nathaniel Taylor

In article ,
"Gandalf_le_Gris" wrote:

"Turenne" a écrit dans le message de

Il n'y a pas de quoi......

RL

Je me disais bien que le pseudo "Turenne" faisait vraiment très frenchie et
donc que celui qui l'utilisait devait parler "un peu" français .....

Qu'est-ce que ça veut dire, 'faire frenchie'? Ne s'agit-il pas d'une
acte intime...? ;-/

help - identification Chris 159 Dolls 1 February 22nd 05 09:42 PM
Identification SBFan2000 Autographs 1 October 30th 04 09:26 PM
Possible identification? zax Coins 6 September 1st 04 05:06 AM
Help with identification J. Craton Coins 7 May 6th 04 07:56 AM
Help in identification malcolm hirst General Discussion 6 January 14th 04 02:11 PM