Question for Scott International Vol. 1 users

Old March 18th 09, 05:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Default Question for Scott International Vol. 1 users

Hello Fellows,
Can anyone point out to me where the "Postal Tax Stamps" as pictured
in Scott International Vol. 1 Spain are listed in the Scott catalog.
There are face identical (different color) issues listed as Spain Sc
#'s 371, 372 type A54, but no listing I can find for the postal tax
stamps. It seems strange the Scott would picture something in their
albums but neglect to provide a catalog listing for it. Anyone know
of other examples? Maybe I'm missing a note somewhere, gone blind or
had a brain fart...any ideas?
Below is a link to a picture of the album page

http://www.southslope.net/~paradimes/spaintax.jpg

Thanks!

Wolf-==-
Old March 18th 09, 07:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Hi Wolf

The image you posted seems to be an old Scott International Volume 1.
I looked in a 2003 Scott and they are not listed as you have found.
Since the time the pages were printed, Scott may have now found that
the stamps were not valid, or used, as postal tax ( see note after
372 ) and decided to no longer list them. If you can find an old
Scott catalog or a copy of the Edifil catalog you will probably find
them listed. Yvert, Michel, Stanley Gibbons, or even a old Minkus,
catalog might list them. It is possible that the Scott 1840-1940 world
catalog might list them but I would not expect it to.

Scott is famous for this type of reasoning. I collect Colombia and
have the same problem so I have old Scott Catalogs
(1926, 1940).

Jerry B
Old March 18th 09, 09:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Mar 18, 1:53*pm, wrote:
Hi Wolf

The image you posted seems to be an old Scott International Volume 1.
I looked in a 2003 Scott and they are not listed as you have found.
Since the time the pages were printed, Scott may have now found that
the stamps were not valid, or used, as postal tax ( see note after
372 ) and decided to no longer list them. *If you can find an old
Scott catalog or a copy of the Edifil catalog you will probably find
them listed. *Yvert, Michel, Stanley Gibbons, or even a old Minkus,
catalog might list them. It is possible that the Scott 1840-1940 world
catalog might list them but I would not expect it to.

Scott is famous for this type of reasoning. *I collect Colombia and
have the same problem so I have old Scott Catalogs
(1926, 1940).

Jerry B

Thanks Jerry, that makes a lot of sense. Nonetheless cool stamps and
I'm glad I have them. My album was probably printed in the 60's or
before. I wonder if anyone has the Michel, etc, listing and approx
value? Not a big deal though as I don't plan on selling them.
Thanks again!

Wolf-==-
Old March 19th 09, 12:16 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Yes, I agree, cool stamps.

Here is a commentary by Mr. Tony Vella,
a catalogue reference, and Stanley Gibbons quote (1965)

http://cjoint.com/data/dvaoZpJ1iI.htm

HTH

Old March 19th 09, 12:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

I have more on a scan too large for here,
courtesy I think, of the very generous, and legendary, Mr. Gerhard
Reichert.
if you would like it sent to you,
send me an email off list.
Rodney

Old March 19th 09, 03:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pedro

wrote in message
Hello Fellows,
Can anyone point out to me where the "Postal Tax Stamps" as pictured
in Scott International Vol. 1 Spain are listed in the Scott catalog.
There are face identical (different color) issues listed as Spain Sc
#'s 371, 372 type A54, but no listing I can find for the postal tax
stamps. It seems strange the Scott would picture something in their
albums but neglect to provide a catalog listing for it. Anyone know
of other examples? Maybe I'm missing a note somewhere, gone blind or
had a brain fart...any ideas?
Below is a link to a picture of the album page

http://www.southslope.net/~paradimes/spaintax.jpg

Thanks!

Wolf-==-

Just to make note the values shown in scans from Tony are in pesetas, no
longer used here in Spain. You can convert them to euros just dividing by
166.386. I think I have some of those stamps that appear as Barcelona. In my
album. If anyone needs scans...

Pedro

Old March 19th 09, 03:54 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pedro

[...]

Hello,
I can check an edifil catalog if you wish: I just need all the info you
can provide about the stamps you have.

regards,
Pedro

Old March 20th 09, 03:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pedro

wrote in message
Hello Fellows,
Can anyone point out to me where the "Postal Tax Stamps" as pictured
in Scott International Vol. 1 Spain are listed in the Scott catalog.
There are face identical (different color) issues listed as Spain Sc
#'s 371, 372 type A54, but no listing I can find for the postal tax
stamps. It seems strange the Scott would picture something in their
albums but neglect to provide a catalog listing for it. Anyone know
of other examples? Maybe I'm missing a note somewhere, gone blind or
had a brain fart...any ideas?
Below is a link to a picture of the album page

http://www.southslope.net/~paradimes/spaintax.jpg

Thanks!

Wolf-==-

Hello,
I can send you the "Homenaje al Ejército" 1939 stamp (unused) that I see
you don't have in your album page so you can fill in that gap. If
interested, write me privately with your address.

regards,
Pedro