Some got bounced checks for selling treasures --- Roadshow collector apologizes, offers to pay bank fees

Old February 4th 09, 03:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Arizona Coin Collector

Default Some got bounced checks for selling treasures --- Roadshow collector apologizes, offers to pay bank fees

Hello

I got burn on a personal check. It was not very much.
Cash only for me. Getting burn once is one time too
much.

FROM:
http://jacksonsun.com/article/200902...40317/1002/rss

Some got bounced checks for selling treasures

Roadshow collector apologizes, offers to pay bank fees

By NED B. HUNTER

February 4, 2009

Mike McCullar thought it was a good idea to sell
some antique silver dollars for cash last month.
He took them to the Treasure Hunters Roadshow
when it came through Jackson.

But a check he received for the items failed to
clear after being deposited. Now he's worried
about getting the $731 he was paid for the
coins and a bayonet.

"When we got our mail," McCullar said, "it
showed where the check had insufficient funds."

Jeff Parsons, president of International Collectors
Association, said McCullar's check was one of 36
from the Treasure Hunters Roadshow that failed to
clear after being deposited.

Parsons uses the Roadshow to buy rare coins, toys,
dolls, trains and other antiques for about 6,000
collectors worldwide. He said his company issued
2,100 checks in the Jackson market totaling more
than $250,000 during the January show that was
held at the Holiday Inn. He called the failure of
those checks to clear an "embarrassment.

"It did happen," he said, "and we apologize to
those folks, and hope they come and see us next
year."

Parsons said the checks failed to clear after
his bank put a hold on a check deposited into
his company's account. He said that check has
now been cleared and those people with checks
from the January show that did not clear their
banks the first time should redeposit them.

"It is a matter of them sending it back through
the account," Parsons said. "The money is there
now to cover the checks."

Parsons said his company will pay any bank
charges incurred by customers because of the
checks. He said anyone with any questions should
call his company at (217) 636-7900.

"Anyone in the office can help," he said, "and we
would like to thank everyone for the great turn
out."

The Treasure Hunters Roadshow is scheduled to
return to Jackson Jan. 19-23 next year, Parsons
said.

As of Tuesday, no complaints had been filed
against the company or Parsons with the state
Department of Commerce and Insurance's Division
of Consumer Affairs, said Shannon Ashford, public
information officer with the division.

A member of the Jackson Police Department's
Financial Crimes Division could not be reached
Monday to see if complaints had been filed with
the department.

McCullar said he redeposited his check Monday
and is anxiously waiting until next week to
hear the results.

"I sold them (coins), because I am the executor
of my uncle's estate," he said, "and that money
will be distributed to the heirs."

Visit jacksonsun.com and share your thoughts.

- Ned Hunter, 425-9641

Old February 4th 09, 09:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Arizona Coin Collector

"RWF" wrote in message

This exact same thing occurred in a town not far from mine, I think
courtesy of the same outfit. All bad checks were made good, but it sure
casts a pall over the whole operation (as if there wasn't already a
pretty hefty one to begin with).

James

Hello

My internet service provider must be having some problems with
Newsgroup. I see James remarks above, but the orginal posting
I place in the string. How strange!

Is English not your primary language?
You seem to have trouble with verb tense usage.
Or are you really Sarge?

..Hello

I am bit bitchy when I don't have my coffee in the
morning. Though process is not in full swing.

No not Sarge. English is primary language. I see all the
reply messages to my original posting. Somehow, the
original message never showed up. Found out that my
internet service provider had some problems with their
newsgroup server.

Customer service for my ISP is located someplace
In India. There the English is bad.

Is there such a thing as customer phone service in
the United States these days?

Old February 4th 09, 09:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Arizona Coin Collector wrote:
"RWF" wrote in message

[...]

Yes. People in India who are having connection problems get directed to a
call center in the U.S. 8)

James

Old February 4th 09, 11:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"Arizona Coin Collector" wrote in message
m...

"RWF" wrote in message

Is English not your primary language?
You seem to have trouble with verb tense usage.
Or are you really Sarge?

.Hello

I am bit bitchy when I don't have my coffee in the
morning. Though process is not in full swing.

No not Sarge. English is primary language.

Biting my tongue to refrain from the obvious punch line here. You
must admit that like Sarge, sometimes you manage to mangle your
spelling and syntax enough to warrant the suspicion that you're ESL.
It doesn't bother me or most of the others unless it interferes with
understanding what you're trying to say; but it's undeniably there in
your postings.

I see all the
reply messages to my original posting. Somehow, the
original message never showed up. Found out that my
internet service provider had some problems with their
newsgroup server.

Good. The alternative was that you might have killfiled yourself!
;-)

Customer service for my ISP is located someplace
In India. There the English is bad.

Again biting my tongue to refrain from the obvious punch line here.

Is there such a thing as customer phone service in
the United States these days?

Yes but you have to call between 1:07 p.m. and 1:09 p.m. on Mondays or
Thursdays only (closed if they're holidays), and only in months that
don't have an "r" in the name. All other times, your call goes
directly to India.

One time I accidentally lucked into getting an American English
speaker for tech support. I was so shocked that I thought I had a
wrong number and hung up.

Old February 5th 09, 06:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

On Feb 4, 12:01*pm, "RWF" wrote:
"Arizona Coin Collector" wrote in messagenews:COmdndmp_6zcNBTUnZ2dnUVZ_vOdnZ2d@earth link.com...

[...]

Or are you really Sarge?- Hide quoted text -

RWF should I bring up the issue about you having trouble finding your
dick?
Old February 5th 09, 01:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RWF

"sgt23" wrote in message
RWF should I bring up the issue about you having trouble finding your
dick?

It's usually in your mother's mouth.

Old February 6th 09, 06:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

On Feb 5, 7:27*am, "RWF" wrote:
"sgt23" wrote in message

RWF should I bring up the issue about you having trouble finding your
dick?

It's usually in your mother's mouth.

I guess your mothers was watching?
Old February 6th 09, 01:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RWF

"sgt23" wrote in message
I guess your mothers was watching?

Even for a boob like you, that was a weak rejoinder.
In a simple 6 word sentence you managed to make a grammatical error.

Old February 8th 09, 05:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"RWF" wrote in message

"sgt23" wrote in message
I guess your mothers was watching?

Even for a boob like you, that was a weak rejoinder.
In a simple 6 word sentence you managed to make a grammatical error.

Whereas it took you a whole 13-word sentence to make an error in your
weak rejoinder.

You hardly have room to criticize "ironic" postings. If you're going
to be a language NetKop, RF, learn the rules first.