Scott stamp catalogue 2008

Old July 3rd 09, 12:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Default Scott stamp catalogue 2008

I envy you, I do not have the courage, and probably not the discipline.

"Joshua McGee"
P.S. I don't even have a television any longer. There's one solution.

Old July 3rd 09, 08:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Joshua McGee" wrote in message

There are class-action lawsuits in play in the States right now,
challenging this "bundling". Note that I have no objection to
*discounts* for buying in tiers -- having the break-even point be,
say, six channels, after which you are better buying the whole tier --
but I *do* *not* want any bit of my money going to the Trinity
Broadcasting Network or channels that air the programs of bigots such
as Howard Stern and Pat Robertson.

Nobody is forced into buying these bundles. BTW, I wonder why is buying
stamps and certain postal services only from the USPS a different, better
kind of choice...

P.S. I don't even have a television any longer. There's one solution.

Vive la liberté to have several choices, yours being just one of them.

--
Victor Manta

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old July 4th 09, 06:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Bill Sharpe

jerry wrote:

Also, Scott has dropped the CD versions of the catalog and is offering
only DVD versions. That should be a loss as many collectors have older
machines and do not have a DVD drive.

Scott has dropped the digital editions completely for the 2010 catalogs.
You can still order 2009 DVD's and 2008 CD's online as
amosadvantage.com, but of course they will not be up to date. I quarrel
with Scott's marketing policy identifying the current catalogs as 2010
-- in general, these catalogs have listings of stamps issued up to late
2008.

The DVD's are much easier to use than the CD's because one disk replaces
three or four. For the countries I'm interested in I copy the applicable
PDF files to my hard disk.

Bill
Old July 4th 09, 09:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

I put an ad in our local paper for "stamp magazines"
and I took advantage of 1 caller by purchasing a full set colour
Stanley Gibbons SOTW (stamps of the world) 2005 for $40

"2005" and some countries latest listing are at 2000
That is hard to comprehend.

"Bill Sharpe"