"2 EURO Commemorative coin 'Bartolomeo Borghesi"

Old November 9th 04, 02:03 AM
gogu

Ï "Dik T. Winter" Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá
In article "gogu"
writes:
? "Christian Feldhaus" ?????? ??? ??????

This site has some pictures of (issued and planned) special ¤2 coins:
http://www.2-euro.net/
The text is in German, but the images are not ;-)

:-)
So is it easy to buy one of every commemorative 2 euro coins ?...
I mean in reasonable prices...

Some you may get at a reasonable price, some not, it depends on the
way they are issued. (And thank you for the Olympics 2 Euro.)

Don't mention it !
As I always say, rcc-ers are considered family !

However,
I read on that site the EU regulations on those coins, and apparently
there are strict limits on the number of coins you may strike in an
issue (at most 0.5 % of the yearly quota), and at most one coin each
year. The limit may be raised to 2%, but in that case you can issue
only one coin in 4 years. So Vatican, San Marino and Monaco special
2 Euro coins will be limited edition and not readily available.
Luxembourg coins will be a bit more widely available (and I have one
at a reasonable price).

OK, you and Christian have convinced me !
Do you know a dealer to buy all of them at reasonable prices ?
You two will put me in great trouble with my wife !
We are going to have our second child next year and suddenly she became too
skinflint !
She object every single coin I buy and says that this hobby is costing us
too much :-)

--
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html

http://www.romclub.4t.com/rabin.html

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure in codesto reame
debban risolversi tutte con grandi puttane!
F.d.A

But it appears that the Finnish one will be
more expensive (although you may find it in circulation, as a number
are spead over rolls of standard 2 Euro coins). On the other hand,
there is no set minimum, but as there is a limit on the number of
issues each year, I think most countries will go for the maximum
allowance...

But whatever happens, I think most special issues will be intended to
rake in as much money as possible from collectors, and as such, I
will not collect them.
--
dik t. winter, cwi, kruislaan 413, 1098 sj amsterdam, nederland,
+31205924131

Old November 9th 04, 02:43 AM
Nooker

yup, a couple weeks ago I mentioned the upcoming release of the Vatican 75th
Anniversary 2 Euro coin, and asked if anybody else wanted to order one with
me . . . a total of 8 coins requested from fellow RCC'ers (quite small
amount I thought)

I too got a San Marino notice in today's mail. Interesting that they limit
the # of coins one can purchase to :
1 for new customers
or
repeat customers can order the same number as 2004 Euro sets they ordered
(in other words, the ONE that I ordered)

oh well, can't share with my RCC friends on this offering

Mark

"gogu" wrote in message
Hi folks!
Today I received an order form from San Marino for their "2 EURO
Commemorative coin 'Bartolomeo Borghesi" at 10 euros a piece (plus
shipping).
I know that something similar was discussed here a few weeks (?) ago but I
think it was about the 2 euros Vatican commemorative coin.
Is this S.Marino coin worth collecting?
I am not collecting lose euro coins, just sets, so I fail to see what it
would be
of interest to me...
Do these coins are going to circulate or not ?
Any photos ?...

Thank you.

Old November 9th 04, 03:32 AM
Dik T. Winter

In article "gogu" writes:
Ï "Dik T. Winter" Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá

OK, you and Christian have convinced me !
Do you know a dealer to buy all of them at reasonable prices ?

I do not think you can get all at a reasonable price. I bought the
Luxembourg monogram 2 euro on the bi-weekly market in Amsterdam,
mentioned in another thread. I think it cost me 4 or 4.5 euro.
They did not yet have the Finnish one (and they were greatly troubled
when I told them that the coinage was doubled, they did not know that
yet). On the other hand, the prices for Finnish 1 and 2 cent coins
was greatly reduced. (I also bought the Monaco 1 and 2 euro at a
rather big price, but my thinking is that they are likely the first
ones to change in design, so I wanted them anyhow. I still do not
have the other Monaco coins.)

When you send me an e-mail with upperbounds on prices you are willing
to pay, I will look for them. Please, only plain text e-mail, and
keep the Subject on-topic, otherwise it can occur that it is rejected
without perusal. My e-mail address is plainly seen in all my articles.
And note, I will never charge more than what I have to pay (perhaps
including postage). I am not in it for the money. I even would prefer
coin exchanges.

You two will put me in great trouble with my wife !
We are going to have our second child next year and suddenly she became too
skinflint !
She object every single coin I buy and says that this hobby is costing us
too much :-)

Hrm. My wife never has objected. But that is perhaps because her father
already did collect coins, and his heritage is now in my possession. Even
when we have gone holidaying throughout Europe on very tight budgets, I
always managed to take along the coins and banknotes I collect. And we
have, by now, educated two children.
Old November 9th 04, 11:46 PM
gogu

writes:
[...]

OK, I'll send you an e-mail with this same subject line.
Thanks!

You two will put me in great trouble with my wife !
We are going to have our second child next year and suddenly she became
too
skinflint !
She object every single coin I buy and says that this hobby is costing
us
too much :-)

Hrm. My wife never has objected. But that is perhaps because her father
already did collect coins, and his heritage is now in my possession. Even
when we have gone holidaying throughout Europe on very tight budgets, I
always managed to take along the coins and banknotes I collect. And we
have, by now, educated two children.

You are a lucky guy :-)
My father in law left me nothing but houses and land ;-) No coins :-(
So my wife has no understanding for my precious coins...
She sees them as bad spent money...
Yep, you are a *very* lucky person !

Old November 9th 04, 11:47 PM
gogu

? "Christian Feldhaus" ?????? ??? ??????
gogu wrote:

In the future I may sell my double coins but never a coin that I have
just
one.

Even selling your "unique" coins may make sense one day. Like, in case
you decide to collect rare/expensive medieval coins only, why not sell
the others? I do not see anything wrong with that, except you may not
get as much for those others as you would like to g.

Well, you have a point here.
Someone could sell some coins if he is in a great need of money for
instance...
It can happen to everyone.

Is the Greek "disk thrower" considered a commemorative or not ?

Well, officially there are the regular circulation coins, the
circulating commemoratives (these "special" ¤2 pieces), and the country
specific collectors coin. So in this sense the Greek coin certainly is a
commemorative. Before the euro, many EU countries had coins that matched
the circulation coins in terms of diameter, composition and such but had
different designs. Like Italian 500 lire coins, French 10 or 20 francs,
and Greece had some 50 drachmes pieces of that kind. Would you consider
them commemoratives or not? :-)

Well, to be honest I don't know !
I mean, you can get the Greek 2 euro coin "disk thrower" at face price.
But as you said, you have to pay more to buy the San Marino or the Vatican
coins and I don't know about the Finish and Luxemburg coins right now...
It is also the fact that the S.M and the Vat. coins are no released for
circulation, the others are circulating normally.
So I am a little confused as what to consider commemorative and what not...
One could say that commemoratives are only those coins not released for
circulation...
Doooohhhh...

--
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html

http://www.romclub.4t.com/rabin.html

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure in codesto reame
debban risolversi tutte con grandi puttane!
F.d.A

Christian

Old November 9th 04, 11:48 PM
gogu

Ï "Nooker" Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá
yup, a couple weeks ago I mentioned the upcoming release of the Vatican
75th Anniversary 2 Euro coin, and asked if anybody else wanted to order
one with me . . . a total of 8 coins requested from fellow RCC'ers (quite
small amount I thought)

I was not collecting them at that time :-)
Bad luck for me...

Old November 15th 04, 10:18 AM
Christian Feldhaus

Dale Hallmark wrote:

(about the 2005 Austrian ¤2 commem)
Yep I have seen the description :-) Still don't know what it looks like :-)

Still no pix yet, but I just read at the website of an Austrian
newspaper that the country specific side will show the treaty document
with the signatures. ("Österreich prägt eine neue 2-Euro-Münze: Auf der
Vorderseite das übliche Bild aller 2-¤-Münzen, auf der Rückseite das
Staatsvertragsdokument mit allen Unterschriften.")

http://www.diepresse.com/Artikel.asp...rt=i&id=452003

Christian