2010 US Mint Proof Set...QC Problems...

Old August 14th 10, 06:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
MKW

Default 2010 US Mint Proof Set...QC Problems...

I am on my second replacement now...spots and stains on the
coins...bad splash stains on the dollar coins. Anyone else
experiencing these problems?
Old August 14th 10, 01:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Hp

On 8/14/2010 1:19 AM, MKW wrote:
I am on my second replacement now...spots and stains on the
coins...bad splash stains on the dollar coins. Anyone else
experiencing these problems?

What is your observations about the reverse of the 'Hot Springs' quarter??
Old August 14th 10, 02:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Slime Lowlife

In article , Hp wrote:

On 8/14/2010 1:19 AM, MKW wrote:
I am on my second replacement now...spots and stains on the
coins...bad splash stains on the dollar coins. Anyone else
experiencing these problems?

What is your observations about the reverse of the 'Hot Springs' quarter??

The "field" of that design will always look a little rough. This is
because it is supposed to show the facade of a building (see
http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/...cal=HotSprings ).
Old August 15th 10, 03:45 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Wm Hopkins[_3_]

"MKW" wrote in message
I am on my second replacement now...spots and stains on the
coins...bad splash stains on the dollar coins. Anyone else
experiencing these problems?

I too am on my second return. This replacement is "backordered." I had to
return my first Unc. set because of brown "splashes" on the NA Dollar coin.

Old August 15th 10, 07:45 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
MKW

Is the US Mint actually assembling the proof sets now days or does the
Pittney Bowes fulfillment center do it?

2010 ASE Proof randiR Coins 2 August 8th 10 11:12 PM
FA: Ebay closing sun. 2002 Mint set / 2001 Proof set [email protected] Coins 0 October 28th 05 11:48 PM
New for 2005, this remarkable collection of proof condition coinsis reminiscent of the United States Mint's Prestige Set, issued in yearspast. In addition to proof versions of all United States Mint 2005-datedcirculating coinage, this set also includ George D Coins 2 July 24th 05 04:52 PM
When did the U.S. Mint discontinue the 1999 mint and proof set SBAs? Jack Russell Coins 0 April 13th 04 02:03 AM