Found in change today

Old March 15th 10, 01:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
shreadvector

Default Found in change today

On Mar 8, 5:48*pm, "Scurvy Dog" wrote:
Got a 1957D wheat back penny and a Puerto Rico quarter.
O frabjuous day...

I got 3 NMI quarters in change at a Jack-In-The-Box yesterday, then
bought a full roll off of them. The cashier says they use Bank of
America for their change, so I'll have to call a few branches in the
area to see if they have more rolls.
Old March 16th 10, 01:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On Mar 15, 8:59*am, shreadvector wrote:
On Mar 8, 5:48*pm, "Scurvy Dog" wrote:

Got a 1957D wheat back penny and a Puerto Rico quarter.
O frabjuous day...

I got 3 NMI quarters in change at a Jack-In-The-Box yesterday, then
bought a full roll off of them. The cashier says they use Bank of
America for their change, so I'll have to call a few branches in the
area to see if they have more rolls.

It is got to be the branches. My own local BofA are anal orifices
when it comes to their customers. Ask for new coins and you get looks
of disdain from all of the employees, whether you're a customer or
not.

Jerry
STILL looking for Territorial Quarters
Old March 16th 10, 02:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Jerry Dennis" wrote in message
On Mar 15, 8:59 am, shreadvector wrote:
On Mar 8, 5:48 pm, "Scurvy Dog" wrote:

Got a 1957D wheat back penny and a Puerto Rico quarter.
O frabjuous day...

I got 3 NMI quarters in change at a Jack-In-The-Box yesterday, then
bought a full roll off of them. The cashier says they use Bank of
America for their change, so I'll have to call a few branches in the
area to see if they have more rolls.

It is got to be the branches. My own local BofA are anal orifices
when it comes to their customers. Ask for new coins and you get looks
of disdain from all of the employees, whether you're a customer or
not.

Jerry
STILL looking for Territorial Quarters
=====

Somebody must have lit a fire under my local BofA branch. I never asked
about new quarters, but I found they never bothered with president dollars
at all. I was able to pick them up at a Wachovia branch across the street.
Then a year ago BofA started offering the dollar rolls within days of
release, while Wachovia appears to have given up on them. I figure that
putting a roll of each president aside at face value is a painless way to
save and may even yield a profit for my heirs after the Glen Beck issue
completes the series.

Old March 16th 10, 02:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Bruce Remick wrote:
[...]

Bruce, you are a very, very sick man. Please report to your nearest clinic
for evaluation.

James the Lone Psychiatrist
'I thought there weren't no partly'

Old March 16th 10, 02:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

Bruce Remick wrote:
[...]

At least I projected beyond Sarah Palin's daughter.

Old March 16th 10, 03:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"Jerry Dennis" wrote in message
On Mar 15, 8:59 am, shreadvector wrote:
On Mar 8, 5:48 pm, "Scurvy Dog" wrote:

Got a 1957D wheat back penny and a Puerto Rico quarter.
O frabjuous day...

I got 3 NMI quarters in change at a Jack-In-The-Box yesterday, then
bought a full roll off of them. The cashier says they use Bank of
America for their change, so I'll have to call a few branches in the
area to see if they have more rolls.

It is got to be the branches. My own local BofA are anal orifices
when it comes to their customers. Ask for new coins and you get looks
of disdain from all of the employees, whether you're a customer or not.

It's the personalities of the cashiers. At the local BoA branch where I
occasionally pay my credit card bill in person, one cashier knows me by
sight and knows that I'll ask her if she has any interesting items. She's
quite friendly and accommodating about it, even though I don't have any
accounts there except the credit card. She's grateful that I've taken rolls
off her hands that she couldn't otherwise get rid of. The others there are
perfunctory when I ask. Not disdainful, but it's clear they couldn't care
less.

I do have a relationship with a few tellers at my bank branch. That really
paid off when they presented me with an envelope of 89 halves they had saved
after getting them from a customer. It was an astonishing Comstock lode of
silver, as I described in a 1/5/10 post. I don't get that kind of treatment
everywhere but it's proof that "making nice" does work.

- mazorj the Amiable
"It's not what you know, it's who you know."

Old March 17th 10, 05:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On Mar 16, 10:11�am, "mazorj" wrote:
[...]

I must agree. Around here, the national name banks (e.g., BofA and
M&T) are "go-thru-the-motions" banks. No pleasantries for the most
part. The local banks, though, are accomodating to the extent they
can. I can still, occasionally, find Ike dollars (you listening
Larry?) Using Territorial quarters as the example, the majors don't
bother with them because it requires effort on their part. The locals
took a severe beating with all of the shipping and handling charges
with the SQs, so they decided it was a cost-saving measure not to
bother with any more new stuff. That's why I can't find Territorial
rolls, 2009 cent rolls, or National Park rolls. Prezibux, on the
other hand, are all over. My own hometown bank still has rolls from
Adams through Fillmore.

Jerry
Old March 17th 10, 01:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
shreadvector

On Mar 16, 9:05*pm, Jerry Dennis wrote:
[...]

Jerry- Hide quoted text -

Territorial quarters were *NOT* distributed to each and every federal
reserve branch and coin depot but the State Quarters were. (OK, the
D.C. quarters were distributed, but they changed the policy right
after...) To get Territorial Quarters, your region of the USA must
actually run low on quarters and the fed in your region must order
"new coin" to replenish the local supply. If they don't need to order,
you will not get any.

Dollar coins *ARE* automatically distributed to each and every fed
district and coin depot.

If the Territorial Quarters and the overdue "America the Beautiful"
quarters don;t exist in your region of the USA, then your bank cannot
order them.

Your bank (ANY bank) can easily order dollar coins, just like ordering
any other denomination of current US coin or currency. If they choose
not to, they are being turds.

http://www.frbservices.org/operation.../new_coin.html
Old March 17th 10, 10:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On Mar 17, 8:47�am, shreadvector , in a
nutshell, summarized:

Your bank (ANY bank) can easily order dollar coins, just like ordering
any other denomination of current US coin or currency. If they choose
not to, they are being turds.

I couldn't have said it better.

Jerry
Old March 17th 10, 11:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Jerry Dennis wrote:
On Mar 17, 8:47?am, shreadvector , in a
nutshell, summarized:

Your bank (ANY bank) can easily order dollar coins, just like
ordering any other denomination of current US coin or currency. If
they choose not to, they are being turds.

I couldn't have said it better.

Unfortunately, bank management makes the turdy decisions and the
footsoldiers most of us interface with are expected to supply the deodorant.

James the Unscented

Found in change today Arizona Coin Collector Coins 4 March 16th 10 02:29 PM
Found in change today Bob Peterson Coins 9 June 20th 04 05:55 PM
found in change today!!!!! Kevin Coins 5 May 10th 04 11:27 PM
Found in change today... Grandpa Coins 8 October 31st 03 11:28 PM
Found in change today Rhumrunr Coins 2 September 28th 03 05:04 AM