NSW~ another tasty weatherboard.

Old July 5th 09, 10:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Default NSW~ another tasty weatherboard.

http://cjoint.com/data/hflW1kymGs.htm

That's young Daniel Seed, Postmaster.

"shortly after I started working here, the whole building started shaking,
I raced outside to find a cow scratching itself on the wall"

Why not drop a cover to Daniel?
you'll have a cancel from the smallest PO in Australia. :0)

acknowledgement
australia post-celebrating 200 years.

Old July 5th 09, 02:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gazza

http://cjoint.com/data/hflW1kymGs.htm

An excursion from Lismore NSW expecting to find a rock restival venue only
found the country hall

http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?f=q&so...11,354.71,,0,5

- not as common a fixture on the Aus rural scene as the are in NZ

Old July 5th 09, 07:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gazza

and just down the road ,,,,,,,

http://maps.google.co.nz:80/maps?f=q...11,354.71,,0,5

The couple of chairs on the the porch look great for a yarn.

The longdrop has seen better days. I hope Aussie Post are not making Daniel
hike to the Hall.

Old July 5th 09, 11:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Here is the full text from Aust Post Gazza,
explaining rock valley PO, looks like it is the middle of paddocks on
Google............just like you point out

ROCK VALLEY, NSW
Small is beautiful for Daniel Seed, who runs the tiniest post office in
Australia — the
Rock Valley centre in northern NSW.
Measuring just 3.7sq m, the original building was built in 1910. Initially a
telegraph
receiving office, it was used to send prices from the markets in Sydney to
local banana
growers and market gardeners.
It has been knocked over twice by storms, damaged by cyclones, hit by cars
and even
struck by lightning.
When seen on the satellite view of Google Maps, it appears to be positioned
smack in
the middle of a whole lot of paddocks.
"It is!" says licensee Daniel Seed, who took on the post office licence late
last year.
"Shortly after I started working here, the whole building started shaking. I
raced
outside to find a cow scratching itself on the wall."
Although it is in a remote location on the road between Lismore and Kyogle,
it gets
visits from about 10 tourists every week.
"I'm really looking forward to building the business and I want to expand my
product
range to suit the specific needs of my customers," Daniel says.
He plans to add an EFTPOS machine and wants to revive the role of the post
office as
a central meeting place for the area.
"Post offices have long played an important role in regional communities
across
Australia," he says. "I've lived here most of my life, so I'm very proud to
be able to
provide that kind of support for the Rock Valley community."

Old July 17th 09, 05:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_2_]

On Jul 5, 2:53*am, "rodney" wrote:
http://cjoint.com/data/hflW1kymGs.htm

That's young Daniel Seed, Postmaster.

"shortly after I started working here, the whole building started shaking,
I raced outside to find a cow scratching itself on the wall"

Why not drop a cover to Daniel?
you'll have a cancel from the smallest PO in Australia. *:0)

Could you give a properly-formatted international addressing for the
PO, please?

Thanks,

--
Joshua H. McGee
Sierra Madre, Los Angeles, California, USA

Old July 17th 09, 07:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Jul 17, 12:30*am, Joshua McGee wrote:
On Jul 5, 2:53*am, "rodney" wrote:

http://cjoint.com/data/hflW1kymGs.htm

That's young Daniel Seed, Postmaster.

"shortly after I started working here, the whole building started shaking,
I raced outside to find a cow scratching itself on the wall"

Why not drop a cover to Daniel?
you'll have a cancel from the smallest PO in Australia. *:0)

Could you give a properly-formatted international addressing for the
PO, please?

Thanks,

*--
Joshua H. McGee
Sierra Madre, Los Angeles, California, USA
Member: APS, ATA, ISWSC, MBPC
Trade?: *http://www.mcgees.org/stamp-offers/

Try :

Postmaster
Rock Valley. NSW
2480
Australia

Old July 17th 09, 11:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Thanks Blair,
I have been out toiling all day.

"Blair"