On Criticizing FIP's Policies. Was: On opposing a club's policies

Old July 13th 03, 10:10 AM
Victor Manta

Default On Criticizing FIP's Policies. Was: On opposing a club's policies

This strangely reminds me the very official *letter* that I have got two
days ago from the FIP:

"Dear Sir.

The FIP logo you used on your web-site

http://www.values.ch/sna-site/contes...award-2003.htm

is a registered trade mark (register no. 497417) and may not be used without
the authorisation of FIP. We ask you to remove the FIP Logo from your site
immediately.

Your sincerely

FIP
signature"

Actually, I have used on that sheet not the FIP logo, but two images of the
FIP Web competitions awards, like those that I have got from the FIP itself,
for several of my sites. Already before having received this letter, I have
changed the awards images on the sheet by something IMO more funny, but FIP
has overseen (ignored?) the change.

I'll let other participants here to draw their conclusions from the whole
story, but apparently, Tracy, you are right ("Victor, you must stop asking
yourself questions... It doesn't look good... :^P").

Just to mention that the FIP page referring to the Web Site Competition 2003
is still active, and it invites everybody to participate, even if the
competition itself was cancelled (see also my earlier posting on this NG).
The mentioned FIP page is at:

http://www.f-i-p.ch/competitions/competition.htm

and the cancellation announcement is on a private site, at:

http://www.norbyhus.dk/fipliterature/fipeval03.html

But, as so often, for the bureaucracy it is much more important to put their
critics under pressure instead of doing the right job!

Victor Manta
Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org
1900 Links Online: http://pwmo.org/weblinks/links.asp
Art on Stamps: http://values.ch
Romania Shown by Its Stamps: http://marci-postale.com
Spanish Africa: http://www.values.ch/sna-site/

"Tracy Barber" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 08:35:43 +0200, "Victor Manta"
wrote:
Why have they called you a war criminal?

Victor Manta

"Stephen G. Esrati" wrote in message
They said: Americans had illegally taken over the Deutsche Post in
contravention of the Geneva and Hague conventions.

snip

And what had you personally to do with this alleged crime? Or was it a
felony of having a dissenting opinion? (V.M.)

Victor, you must stop asking yourself questions... It doesn't look
good... :^P

Tracy Barber

Old July 13th 03, 04:16 PM
Tracy Barber

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 11:10:50 +0200, "Victor Manta"
wrote:

[...]

Maybe they haven't refreshed their pages. Simple enough to clear out
the cache.

It's a sad situation when something is offered and not delivered. I
had to make up some WW packets yesterday because I was out of them.
Took a while, could've done something else, but decided to get that
rolling. Clean up my act!

FIP can take that example and clean up its act pertaining to these
critiques if it wants to.

Tracy Barber
Old July 15th 03, 08:52 PM
Victor Manta

FIP has finally announced the cancellation of the FIP Web Site Contest 2003
on its own site (even on the front page):

http://www.f-i-p.ch/home.htm

I have been also announced by the FIP, by e-mail (exactly the same text as
on their Web page), that the competition was cancelled. This answered the
Application Form, that I have filled-in on 29th June. No thank you for your
kind intention to participate, please come back next time or things like
that...

Therefo Don't look at what FIP can do for you, look at what you can do
for FIP! I have participated in quite all their Web sites contests, and
finally SNA has even awarded the FIP Literature Commission:

http://www.values.ch/sna-site/contes...award-2003.htm

Victor Manta
Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org
1900 Links Online: http://pwmo.org/weblinks/links.asp

snip

Old July 15th 03, 09:01 PM
Tracy Barber

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 21:52:37 +0200, "Victor Manta"
wrote:

FIP has finally announced the cancellation of the FIP Web Site Contest 2003
on its own site (even on the front page):

http://www.f-i-p.ch/home.htm

I have been also announced by the FIP, by e-mail (exactly the same text as
on their Web page), that the competition was cancelled. This answered the
Application Form, that I have filled-in on 29th June. No thank you for your
kind intention to participate, please come back next time or things like
that...

Therefo Don't look at what FIP can do for you, look at what you can do
for FIP! I have participated in quite all their Web sites contests, and
finally SNA has even awarded the FIP Literature Commission:

http://www.values.ch/sna-site/contes...award-2003.htm

hehehehehe...

Tracy Barber