Is there a market for old englisk coins i this group?

Old March 19th 10, 05:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
alan.holmes

Default Is there a market for old englisk coins i this group?

I have a lot of coins which I want to dispose of before I die!(:-)

Alan

Old March 19th 10, 05:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

alan.holmes wrote:
I have a lot of coins which I want to dispose of before I die!(:-)

If you happen to have farthings, ha'pennies, and pennies dated 1860 and made
of pure copper with VICTORIA DEI GRATIA and the date around her portrait
(not the smaller, thinner bronze versions with the date on the reverse under
Britannia), I am interested.

James the Date Collector

Old March 19th 10, 11:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Peter[_6_]

On Mar 19, 1:44*pm, "alan.holmes" wrote:
I have a lot of coins which I want to dispose of before I die!(:-)

Alan

I would be interested to hear about some silver coins. I guess the
word old is not quite clear. There are a few double florins that I'm
missing and might be interested in, but silver coins around 1700 and
older would be more interesting.

At this point I probably have too many coins, so I would probably be
of only small help depending on what you mean by a lot.

Broadly, eBay is a pretty good way to dispose of a lot of coins.