Yet another set completed

Old March 4th 10, 05:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Scurvy Dog

Default Yet another set completed

With the addition of a PCGS 1963D MS66 FB Roosevelt dime, my set of silver
Roosies in MS66 or better is complete.
I have them in NGC, PCGS and ANACS slabs and find they all seem to use the same
grading standards.
I have all the silver proof (1950-1964) Roosies in slabs also plus a couple of
repunched MMs and a mild double die.
I also want to complete a slabbed set of the clad issues and the later silver
proofs.
Apparently, very few circulation strike clad dimes get slabbed, or if they do,
they don't often get offered on eBay.
The clad proofs are another story - they're on eBay all the time, as are the
silver proofs.
While this collection ever be really valuable?
Probably not in my lifetime but it was fun putting it together (and I still have
many clads to go!)

Old March 4th 10, 09:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
george pearl

On Mar 4, 9:24*am, "Scurvy Dog" wrote:
With the addition of a PCGS 1963D MS66 FB Roosevelt dime, my set of silver
Roosies in MS66 or better is complete.
I have them in NGC, PCGS and ANACS slabs and find they all seem to use the same
grading standards.
I have all the silver proof (1950-1964) Roosies in slabs also plus a couple of
repunched MMs and a mild double die.
I also want to complete a slabbed set of the clad issues and the later silver
proofs.
Apparently, very few circulation strike clad dimes get slabbed, or if they do,
they don't often get offered on eBay.
The clad proofs are another story - they're on eBay all the time, as are the
silver proofs.
While this collection ever be really valuable?
Probably not in my lifetime but it was fun putting it together (and I still have
many clads to go!)

Glad you brought up the subject of Roosevelt dimes...and wondering
outloud
about whether they will be valuable in the long-term.

I've gone thru a dozen of bank boxes looking for 2004-d double ear
examples
(this was back in 2004). Didn't find diddly. But I DID find nice
examples of
supergrade dimes that I just couldn't let go. I also found many BU
die-clashes
also.

I'm planning on restarting my hobby by searching bank boxes of
nickels, dimes
and National Park Quarters looking for nice supergrade examples that
I'll save
for my grandkids, I guess. It costs a lot to get coins encapsulated.
'
Old March 4th 10, 09:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Scurvy Dog" wrote in message
With the addition of a PCGS 1963D MS66 FB Roosevelt dime, my set of silver
Roosies in MS66 or better is complete.
I have them in NGC, PCGS and ANACS slabs and find they all seem to use the
same grading standards.
I have all the silver proof (1950-1964) Roosies in slabs also plus a
couple of repunched MMs and a mild double die.
I also want to complete a slabbed set of the clad issues and the later
silver proofs.
Apparently, very few circulation strike clad dimes get slabbed, or if they
do, they don't often get offered on eBay.
The clad proofs are another story - they're on eBay all the time, as are
the silver proofs.
While this collection ever be really valuable?
Probably not in my lifetime but it was fun putting it together (and I
still have many clads to go!)

Good work. I completed the same MS66+ Roosevelt slabbed set a year ago, all
PCGS, stopping at the clads. I figured that these things are relatively
cheap today, and some day collectors might "rediscover" the Roosevelt dime
and demand will increase. I also included the Mercury dimes back to 1940 in
my set. Prior to that they can get pretty pricey in MS66, and then where do
you stop? Like you, I doubt I will live to see any Roosevelt Renaissance,
but I do hope to read about it in the weekly bulletin wherever I end up (or
down).

Old March 5th 10, 03:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
reality

On Mar 4, 1:23*pm, george pearl wrote:
[...]

They will not. IMO they are common as sand, but YMMV.
Old March 7th 10, 03:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Scurvy Dog

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message

"Scurvy Dog" wrote in message
[...]

Will Coin World still be delivered to us in the afterlife?
If not, it's probably best to renew for only a year at a time!

Old March 7th 10, 04:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Scurvy Dog" wrote in message
[...]

If some claims are true, odds are I'll be able to talk to FDR himself and
maybe get some reaction from Teddy about being left off the obverse of the
National Park quarters. May not even need Coin World. I am curious though
if heaven and hell have their own monetary system and who is pictured on
their coins and bills (as if one would have to guess).

Old March 15th 10, 07:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

On Mar 4, 1:24*pm, "Scurvy Dog" wrote:
With the addition of a PCGS 1963D MS66 FB Roosevelt dime, my set of silver
Roosies in MS66 or better is complete.
I have them in NGC, PCGS and ANACS slabs and find they all seem to use the same
grading standards.
I have all the silver proof (1950-1964) Roosies in slabs also plus a couple of
repunched MMs and a mild double die.
I also want to complete a slabbed set of the clad issues and the later silver
proofs.
Apparently, very few circulation strike clad dimes get slabbed, or if they do,
they don't often get offered on eBay.
The clad proofs are another story - they're on eBay all the time, as are the
silver proofs.
While this collection ever be really valuable?
Probably not in my lifetime but it was fun putting it together (and I still have
many clads to go!)

Here is a web site that may help you in finding the slabbed Roosevelt
Dimes you are looking for to complete your set. I hope this helps you
out or that someone else find this of use. No I'm not paid anything by
this site. Although have bought from them several times past, and I
was completely satisfied with they're service. The website: www.cheapslabs.com
Old March 15th 10, 07:45 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

On Mar 15, 3:41*am, sgt23 wrote:
[...]

Maybe this will work better: cheapslabs.com or http://cheapslabs.com
if not just type in the address and the web address and that will take
you straight to the sight. For some reason everytime. I clip on the
original link which gave above. It takes me too www.google.com/cheapslabs.com
..
Old March 15th 10, 07:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

.

Maybe this will work better: cheapslabs.com or http://cheapslabs.com
if not just type in the address and the web address and that will take
you straight to the sight. For some reason everytime I click on the
original link which I gave above. It takes me too www.google.com/cheapslabs..com

Set Completed Scurvy Dog Coins 8 March 1st 10 03:18 AM
Swap completed Bland Allison Coins 0 July 28th 06 01:56 AM
Completed Dansco 7070 Type Set now with Gold page completed Ian Coins 20 December 7th 04 04:26 AM
Set Completed Wayne Poulin Coins 4 March 1st 04 03:57 AM
set completed! J. Craton Coins 19 January 31st 04 05:33 PM