The amazingly hard Kwizz.

Old July 31st 07, 07:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

Default The amazingly hard Kwizz.

ID this stamp.
http://cjoint.com/data/hFieaflyNY.htm

Old July 31st 07, 10:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Robert[_4_]

Default (RCDS) The amazingly hard Kwizz.

Hi Rod,

it is not so hard for a german. It is the famous Gscheidle-Error

This stamp should have been issued for the summer olympics 1980. But was
withdrawn because of the russian invasion of afghanistan.
Unfortunately the former german post minister received 150 copies of this
stamp. Not knowing, that this stamp was withdrawn, his family used several
for their private letters

here is a picture of a hole sheet
http://www.bundesdruckerei.de/en/pre...rchive/4_4_06/

Robert

Old July 31st 07, 12:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

Hi Rod,
it is not so hard for a german. It is the famous Gscheidle-Error

Hello Robert
Thanks for your prompt repsonse,

however you are incorrect.

If you notice on the centre bottom, the Gscheidle error has the date
the image I posted has something else.
I leave the question open for another day
to see if we can do better ?

Old July 31st 07, 01:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Jul 31, 7:10 am, "Rod" wrote:
Hi Rod,
it is not so hard for a german. It is the famous Gscheidle-Error

Hello Robert
Thanks for your prompt repsonse,

however you are incorrect.

If you notice on the centre bottom, the Gscheidle error has the date
the image I posted has something else.
I leave the question open for another day
to see if we can do better ?

"Rod" wrote in message

ID this stamp.
http://cjoint.com/data/hFieaflyNY.htm- Hide quoted text -

The error is that we forgot to put (RCSD) in the subject line.

8*)

Blair

Old July 31st 07, 08:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

"Rod" wrote in message

ID this stamp.
http://cjoint.com/data/hFieaflyNY.htm- Hide quoted text -

The error is that we forgot to put (RCSD) in the subject line.

8*)

Fennec tea and porridge for dinner!
Old August 1st 07, 12:24 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message
oups.com...

The error is that we forgot to put (RCSD) in the subject line.
8*)
Blair

Yes indeed Blair,
I have kicked myself in the butt already.

Old August 1st 07, 12:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

"Robert" wrote in message
Hi Rod,
it is not so hard for a german. It is the famous Gscheidle-Error

Thanks for adding the (RCSD) Robert,
The "amazingly hard kwizz" does not fold so easily,
and remains open for solution.

Old August 2nd 07, 01:21 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

Default (RCDS) The amazingly hard Kwizz.(answer)

"Rod" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ID this stamp.
http://cjoint.com/data/hFieaflyNY.htm

The stamp is the "Herr Horst H. Boenisch error"
The stamp posted was printed in 1983 (3 years after the Gscheidle error)
The fact that it was cancelled "Dusseldorf" was the big hint.

Here is the story, told by my favourite Philatelic journalist
Mr. Otto Hornung.

One of the most interesting offerings and special items that were
available at Philatelia '83 was a reproduction of the famous unissued
West German Olympic stamp of 1980. You will remember, I wrote
about it. That is the stamp a supply of which was used by Frau
Elisabeth Gscheidle, the wife of the former Minister of Posts,
although it had not been issued. The new West German philatelic
magazine "Phila-Report" had a stand there. The editor of the
magazine, Herr Horst H. Boenisch, had a brilliant publicity idea. He
borrowed a copy of the unissued stamp, and had large supplies
printed for his own use. He had made sure, though, that it was clear
they were only reproductions. There is an appropriate text on the
back, the stamp is of a slightly different size, it says "Phila-Report"
under the picture on front, and it was sold only cancelled with a
cachet of the magazine for Philatelia '83.
Naturally, I got hold of a few copies of this interesting facsimile, and
I am showing it here. I also talked to Herr Boenisch. He told me that
he had taken all possible precautions so as not to come into conflict
with the law. He had paid the designer, he had changed the size, etc.,
as described above. Furthermore, he stated that whatever profit there
is after the sales, it would be handed over to the German Society for
the Support of Sports.
Herr Boenisch told me that 15,000 copies had been printed, but that
if necessary he could order more. At Dusseldorf he was selling the
fake Olympic stamp for DM 1.— apiece. I understand that despite all
precautions Herr Boenisch was forced after the Philatelia '83 Fair to
stop sales, and I don't know how many have been sold. There was not
much time — only four days — and not everyone at Dusseldorf knew
about it, thus it is possible that not too many copies are circulating
and the demand is probably much higher than the available supply.
Incidentally, the postcard sent by Frau Gscheidle to Reemtsma, the
one that started the scandal, was sold in October in Hamburg by
Mohrmann Auctions, and it fetched DM 74,000. —. To this you have
to add buyer's premium, etc., so that the buyer had to pay over DM
90,000.— (about Aus. $38,000!). In addition to the postcard a loose
stamp was sold as well, and that fetched DM 44,000.—. With buyer's
premium, etc., one again, about Aust. $23,000.
Philatelia '83 was a short show; it was lively and interesting, and I
enjoyed it. I understand the next Philatelia will be held in 1984 in
Stuttgart, possibly in November, but I am not sure about the place
and date. In the meantime, if you are planning a trip to Gemany and
want to visit a good stamp show, make a note in your calendar: 5th
International Stamp Fair, Essen, May 26 to 31, 1984.

Old August 2nd 07, 01:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

The stamp is the "Herr Horst H. Boenisch error"
The stamp posted was printed in 1983 (3 years after the Gscheidle error)
The fact that it was cancelled "Dusseldorf" was the big hint.

http://cjoint.com/data/iccEbSG5CK.htm

(235Kb)

A Kwik Korny Kwizz Rod General Discussion 5 July 26th 07 02:47 AM
Amazingly detailed auction description here... Bob Hairgrove Coins 9 April 29th 05 03:40 PM
FS - 97/98 Studio Hard Hat Set dogger Hockey 0 August 14th 04 12:49 AM
hard to stack? J. A. M. Coins 14 January 13th 04 10:43 PM
hard rubber phmuller Pens & Pencils 1 September 1st 03 04:14 PM