No DJ as issued (a little venting)

Old July 15th 03, 01:15 AM
Mark

Default No DJ as issued (a little venting)

I just spent a fair amount of time trying to price a book without a dust
jacket. It took me nearly half an hour to confirm my suspicion that it was
issued without one. I dont know where the custom of printing "First Edition"
on the copyright page came from, but I'd bet collectors had a hand in it.
Maybe if we all threw a big ol' hissy fit, they'd start printing "No DJ, as
Issued." Just a thought.

Old July 16th 03, 01:22 PM
Mark

I agree. I was only griping about the time it took.

--Mark
"John A. Stovall" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 00:15:03 GMT, "Mark"
wrote:

I just spent a fair amount of time trying to price a book without a dust
jacket. It took me nearly half an hour to confirm my suspicion that it

was
issued without one. I dont know where the custom of printing "First

Edition"
on the copyright page came from, but I'd bet collectors had a hand in it.
Maybe if we all threw a big ol' hissy fit, they'd start printing "No DJ,

as
Issued." Just a thought.

Why? It's little things like that which make collecting interesting.
Researching and learning about such is half the fun.

Also for you as a seller, it forces you to learn the finer points of
the trade.

"It looked like the sort of book described in library catalogues
as "slightly foxed", although it would be more honest to admit
that it looked as though it had beed badgered, wolved and
possibly beared as well."

_Light Fantastic_
Terry Pratchett