Uruguay ~ strike ID

Old May 6th 07, 01:08 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

Default Uruguay ~ strike ID

Is anyone able to recognise the J over 24 triangular strike?
http://cjoint.com/data/fgccaGW75Y.htm

Thanks.

Old May 6th 07, 09:08 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Peter[_2_]

Rod schrieb:
Is anyone able to recognise the J over 24 triangular strike?
http://cjoint.com/data/fgccaGW75Y.htm

Thanks.

Hi Rod
Looks similar to the British newspaper(Journal)-strike.

Peter
Old May 6th 07, 09:34 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

"Peter" wrote in message
Rod schrieb:
Is anyone able to recognise the J over 24 triangular strike?
http://cjoint.com/data/fgccaGW75Y.htm

Hi Rod
Looks similar to the British newspaper(Journal)-strike.
Peter

G'day Peter,
ta, I am not au-fait with those, but I'll look
them up, and do some research.
Thank you

Old May 6th 07, 09:50 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Peter[_2_]

Rod schrieb:
"Peter" wrote in message
Rod schrieb:
Is anyone able to recognise the J over 24 triangular strike?
http://cjoint.com/data/fgccaGW75Y.htm

Hi Rod
Looks similar to the British newspaper(Journal)-strike.
Peter

G'day Peter,
ta, I am not au-fait with those, but I'll look
them up, and do some research.
Thank you

Well, some time ago, I found one alike, on a British newspaperwrapper.
So, from that, my hit should not bee too far away.:-)

Peter
Old May 7th 07, 05:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On May 6, 4:50 am, Peter wrote:
Rod schrieb:

"Peter" wrote in message
Rod schrieb:
Is anyone able to recognise the J over 24 triangular strike?
http://cjoint.com/data/fgccaGW75Y.htm
Hi Rod
Looks similar to the British newspaper(Journal)-strike.
Peter

G'day Peter,
ta, I am not au-fait with those, but I'll look
them up, and do some research.
Thank you

Well, some time ago, I found one alike, on a British newspaperwrapper.
So, from that, my hit should not bee too far away.:-)

Peter- Hide quoted text -

Hi Rod + Peter:

The triangle cancel seems to be used for items mailed at the
BOOK POST rate. I assume that this includes newspapers
and periodicals.

Here is an unsealed cover from South Africa to Germany
(Book Post Rate) mailed in the 1930s. It is cancelled with
a neat 'JH' in triangle. (Johannesburg?) The flap with cachet
are of the SA Philatelist. Scarce half-penny periodical rate.
http://cjoint.com/data/fhruVZN2aX.htm

In a recent auction, an Irish cover was sold. c1922 Dublin
local printed matter cover with 'DN' (ie Dublin) in triangle
cancel.

Here is what I suspect is an Elizabethan periodical rate
cover from London (SW1) to New York with machine triangle.
http://i7.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/9b/3d/d7a8_12.JPG

Here is a similar 6d wartime cover from Ipswich to the USA.
http://i22.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/9b/3e/165a_1.JPG

A letter T in a triangle , on the other hand, is a Postage Due
marking.
http://www.linns.com/howto/refresher...7_0512_big.jpg

In other cases, triangle marks are censorshop marks.
(Bangladesh 1972) POW mail
http://homepage3.nifty.com/~mariamma/tak-p442.jpg

OAS in a triangle cancel was used for "On Active Service".
Cover - 1920 incoming envelope from England to Darwin, Australia,
redirected to Port Moresby with GB 1/2d tied by OAS in triangle
cancel
& Papua 1917 1d on 2 1/2d Lakatoi (fault) handstamped "Tax"
(postage due) w/Tax h/s & 1d in crayon.

I suspect that Rod's stamp is off a periodical / Book Rate cover.

Blair

Old May 8th 07, 01:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message
ups.com...

I suspect that Rod's stamp is off a periodical / Book Rate cover.
Blair

Thanks Blair,
I still have your extended response re the triangular postage dues,
this now makes a brace of triangulars.
Sounds entirely feasible, all my Uruguayan queries elsewhere
remain unanswered.
Another philatelic Oscar vote from moi.

323rd Training Squadron T-shirt Strike 1st Strike Fast. Ebayer General 1 August 2nd 06 09:58 PM
Old Hordes of Mexico,Peru,Uruguay & Venezuela YKW Marketplace 0 April 24th 05 04:07 AM
Weak strike Vs. strong strike '05D Bisons. bri Coins 1 April 2nd 05 08:41 PM
Uruguay to issue soccer coin John Stone Coins 1 September 15th 04 06:16 PM
Buying Gold Coin In Uruguay P.J. Gladnick Coins 1 December 11th 03 03:27 AM