Attention: Gerhard ~ your cancel.

Old May 4th 07, 03:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

Default Attention: Gerhard ~ your cancel.

G'day Gerhard,

finally found what I was looking for
I think your cancel on the German Kreuzer
is a Scottish cancel referred to as a "Brunswick Star"
Circa 1860

I'll organise a scan asap.

I'll leave you to chaeck further.

Very best regards,
Rodney

Old May 4th 07, 04:10 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

"Rod" wrote in message
G'day Gerhard,

finally found what I was looking for
I think your cancel on the German Kreuzer
is a Scottish cancel referred to as a "Brunswick Star"
Circa 1860

http://cjoint.com/data/fefaVZJi80.htm

Acknowledgement:
"The Stanley Gibbons Book of Stamps and Stamp Collecting" 1981

I would contact the people here to check origination/confirmation.
http://www.edinphil.freeuk.com/

HTH

Old May 4th 07, 08:45 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gerhard Reichert

Rod schrieb:
G'day Gerhard,

finally found what I was looking for
I think your cancel on the German Kreuzer
is a Scottish cancel referred to as a "Brunswick Star"
Circa 1860

I'll organise a scan asap.

I'll leave you to chaeck further.

Very best regards,
Rodney

Hello Sir Rodney,

did I ever mention that I love You? :-)

That is the best hint I got until today, thank You a lot.

Thank You too Blair, could You send me a scan of Your stamp with the
same cancel? Thank You!

Until later, my office calls me now.

in a very good temper
Gerhard
Old May 4th 07, 12:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

"Gerhard Reichert" wrote in message

Hello Sir Rodney,
did I ever mention that I love You? :-)

:0)

Sorry Gerhard, but the bloke that lives in the mirror
loves me more
(In fact he reckons I'd make a good cancel myself, being
so self centred)

The "Brunswick Star" is quite ubiquitous, it lives on the
"London Bobby's" police helmet, and I remember when I was a kid,
my mum used to make jelly and blancmange using a
Brunswick star type mold.

Do let us know if/when you crack it.

Old May 4th 07, 02:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Jay T. Carrigan

All of the Brunswick Stars I've seen have 8 points. Gerhard's
example appears to have 7.

Jay Carrigan
www.jaypex.com

In article ,
says...

Old May 4th 07, 07:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gerhard Reichert

"Rod" wrote in message
G'day Gerhard,

finally found what I was looking for
I think your cancel on the German Kreuzer
is a Scottish cancel referred to as a "Brunswick Star"
Circa 1860

http://cjoint.com/data/fefaVZJi80.htm

Acknowledgement:
"The Stanley Gibbons Book of Stamps and Stamp Collecting" 1981

I would contact the people here to check origination/confirmation.
http://www.edinphil.freeuk.com/

HTH

You are right Jay, mine has only seven, but I hope for some varities.

When Blair wrote, that he has also one stamp (same period) with this
cancellation, so it is probable a not so rare destination where they
canceled the stamp. I am sure, that it is not a German postal used postmark.

I shall send a email with my question to the edinphil.freeuk.com. May be
they can help me.

Thank You all for Your opinions and Your help.

Gerhard
Old May 5th 07, 08:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On May 4, 3:45 am, Gerhard Reichert wrote:
Rod schrieb:

G'day Gerhard,

finally found what I was looking for
I think your cancel on the German Kreuzer
is a Scottish cancel referred to as a "Brunswick Star"
Circa 1860

I'll organise a scan asap.

I'll leave you to chaeck further.

Very best regards,
Rodney

Hello Sir Rodney,

did I ever mention that I love You? :-)

That is the best hint I got until today, thank You a lot.

Thank You too Blair, could You send me a scan of Your stamp with the
same cancel? Thank You!

Until later, my office calls me now.

in a very good temper
Gerhard- Hide quoted text -

Old May 8th 07, 01:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

"Jay T. Carrigan" wrote in message
All of the Brunswick Stars I've seen have 8 points. Gerhard's
example appears to have 7.

Indeed,
personally, the configuration of 7 points, suggests
a typical "badge of office" or rank derivitive.
Hence my opinion it is an "official" style of cancel.
The eight point star is more allegorical as seen on
this Uruguayan issue.
http://cjoint.com/data/ficxSE6JE6.htm

Old May 8th 07, 01:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

"Rod" wrote in message
personally, the configuration of 7 points, suggests
a typical "badge of office" or rank derivitive.

Just a FYI,
here is a 7 point star "badge" all Aussies/NZ'ers would be familiar with,
the rising sun, quite fitting really, as NZ (Pitt Island) was the first to
see the rays of the sun on the morning of the new millenium.
http://mulubinba.typepad.com/photos/...adge_front.jpg

first day cancel Blair (TC) General Discussion 6 November 20th 06 08:15 PM
India Cancel ID. Rod General Discussion 4 July 15th 06 05:13 AM
Dear Gerhard, Bret General Discussion 1 March 28th 06 12:12 PM
Danish cancel dan General Discussion 4 December 25th 05 08:59 PM
Cancel collectors have a look skatkat US Stamps 0 February 20th 04 02:13 PM